Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Seems early to he reaching for players that aren't even NHL property. I know we all have anyone over 30, but c'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

Well poo poo. Do I pick someone else or does it really matter since this is just for fun and I can just force him to ignore the KHL when I sim this in EHM?

If you're willing to put that time in you can pick whatever you want. My cat can skate backwards.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ehh, hairy Benn, though bad, isn't as awful as some in DAS seem to think. Just never let him anywhere near the top four as he tends to get lit the gently caress up when good players are on the ice against him.

Dallas Stars select Nick Holden. From my very limited viewing of him in Colorado he's a good shutdown guy and plays far more min that I though (~22 a night last season). He can block shots and play on the PK. With injuries he can slot up if necessary. He's signed for a couple more years at a p low cap him and at 29 he's likely got a good 2-5 years left of decent bottom pairing minutes in him.

Provided Roy isn't my coach I can't seem him doing anything but improving.

E:

Benn - Krejci - Stone
Johansson - Zabinejad -Palmeri
X _ Colburne - Hudler
X -Flippula - Backes

Ellis - Ekholm
Edmundson - Phaneuf
Holden

Varlamov

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 6, 2016

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

eXXon posted:

Nick Holden, shutdown defenseman :lol: He has the second-highest Fenwick against/60 of defensemen who played more than 1000 minutes in the last two seasons, behind only Ristolainen. Next you're going to tell me that Marcus Kruger has a good contract.

Incidentally, Davidson and Benn are pretty good in that regard.

What, you want him to score goals?

E: plenty of good third pairing guys that would look like garbage on the top line of a team coached by rwah.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme Ruff.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

eXXon posted:

I can't wait that long, I'm going to bed and picking Mark Fayne who is ostensibly an NHL defenseman. In the unlikely event that lazerwolf wanted him, *fart noise*.

See, problem solved. Thanks wolf of lazer.

You got a problem with Holden but you're okay with letting Fayne near your team? That def makes sense.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

lazerwolf posted:

I'll pick Patrick Eaves

Booo

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Second.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress it, let's just start over.

Also, expansion draft? I know it's a tear out but could be fun. Maybe appoint a few to pick for Vegas or do some kind of vote system or rotating pick system. (e.g. 3 gms are selected at random from those that don't miss picks and they make rotating selections of 3 picks and we all vote on the one to pick... or something else as needlessly complicated)

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

poo poo, I'm up? Gimme Johns

E: that's Stephen Johns of Dallas in case that wasn't clear. I'll spreadsheet when I get home in a few hours.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 11, 2016

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme brother of that famous Olympian, Jamie Oleksiak since I slept in too long to get jrykki and I'm too dumb to check the sheet before picking.

And also give me Joakim Nordstrom.

They fill out my D and more or less my forwards.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Don't matter who they are, that's three excellent hockey names.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Micheal Ferland if he isn't taken

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme Linus Ullmark to play backup. He managed to be above league average playing for buffalo (in his very limited sample). Fits with my team age and if all goes great he could even push varly in a couple seasons for the starter gig.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 13, 2016

• Locked thread