Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hey gently caress off taking my teams. I'll have the Blues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

#7 again wtf?

I will take my chances on a Datsyuk-Radulov duo.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Anyone want to swap spots? I'm not sure if I want to do #7 again. I did #29 last year and I think #9 the year before.

Also, the first time around I drafted Hedman, Vlasic, Hamilton, Klein, Fayne, Gormley and Orlov as my D. Various people said it was garbage and they would suck. Well Hedman, Vlasic, Klein and Orlov finished #3,9,11, and 12 for 5v5 P/60 by D last season. Hamilton was 42. gently caress y'all. I won't say anything about the other two drafts.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Menamino posted:

I'm down to swap from #25, provided that sort of thing is allowed

Ok let's do it before anyone thinks to say no.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I liked Dandenault because his name looked like Dandynaut and it made me think of some kind of advanced explorer who explores the furthest fringes of frilly fashion instead of space or the ocean.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

behindthenet's alright. I usually google "player name wowy" and read the usage tables on hockeyanalysis.com to judge if the player is actually good or just being carried by better linemates.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Ovie is a terrible #1 pick, sorry.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Furnaceface posted:

Ovie is still the best pure goal scorer in the league and his defensive game has improved significantly over the last 2 seasons, so its not like it was some off the wall pick like we have seen before.

On the powerplay, yes. 5v5, he's not in the top 5 in G/60 over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I pick Jean Bleau

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

1. Ovechkin
4. Crosby
21. Malkin

THIS MAKES SENSE.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I will take 20-year old hulking two-way center Aleksander Barkov, Jr. partly because he's a good young hockey mans who projects to be a Selke winner at some point over his reasonable contract, partly because I expect him to look even better on a competently-managed Panthers team next season (losing some puck luck but gaining all important corsis), and partly to engender controversy and debate like "way too soon wtf why didn't you take xxx" or "wow yeah he's really good but that's risky" or "faaaart".

Habibi is supposedly up.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lazerwolf posted:

I was considering Doughty but I picked him once before so I decided to try something new. Still like him and he should have gone before a lot of other defenseman

There were only 5 defensemen picked before him....

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

VJeff posted:

Hey remember in the first one of these when my first three picks were kovalchuk, e.staal and dustin brown?

Good times.

That would still be a good first line today in the KHL.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Usually gambles on top prospects pay off later in the draft than your second pick.

Let me tell you about the first draft where I picked Yakupov in the third round and Kucherov roughly 15 later.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I'm at work but ready when my pick comes. I know it's soon.

It's your turn now.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

After some dubious (re-re-re-)consideration, I am going to take Justin Faulk because he is a good young #1D on a sweet contract, probably still the Canes' best player, and most importantly, someone I have not picked before. If the Canes' management really is getting their poo poo together, he might have some decent forwards to play with next season but will almost certainly still be let down by godawful goaltending.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Panarin over *similar player who didn't play with the Art Ross winner all season long* is a curious choice and also a bad one.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yaya posted:

Monahan, Backstrom, Duchene, and Mackinnon were the 4 players I was eyeballing so I am extremely upset right now

Them is good picks. Man Duchene's possession/defensive stats are lousy though. He was a sure first round pick the last few drafts. And Kucherov is the guy who should have gone before Panarin.

Paulocaust posted:

Really debated between Keith and Weber for my last pick. Keith has more accolades but I think we can all agree so would Shea Weber if he were on the Chicago dynasty all that time instead of Keith.

Yeah and he would still be declining while on a godawful contract now.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yaya posted:

The Great Possession Draft of 2016

But there are some great possession and counting stat players in their late 20s/early 30s still around (except Jumbo Joe for some reason).

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

What kind of lovely phones do you people use that you can post here but you can't load the sheet to see whose turn it is and search if your player has been picked two rounds ago?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

tofes posted:

are you talking about alex pietrangelo?

He's overrated you want a different prime top 15 D on a good contract

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

drat yoooou. He was so close I thought he would fall 'cause he doesn't score a lot.

He did a fair amount except last season. Still a good super young #1D who shouldn't have fallen.

It's funny to see Pietrangelo and McDonagh drop this far. I picked both with my first two picks two years ago thinking they'd be a Pronger-Niedermayer type of dominant duo to either play nearly 30 minutes together to shut down top-heavy teams or apart for deep ones. But the fancy stats on shot quality say they've both struggled at preventing high quality scoring chances (while still being #1Ds in other metrics).

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

Give me Ryan Getzlaf

Somehow I knew you'd be the one to do this.

He probably has more good years left in him than Thornton anyway.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Jordan7hm posted:

Getzlaf had his worst sh% in years and is probably going to have a big bounce back year and get back up to 70 pts.

A really good pick.

Well, his A/60 were lowest in years too. But he's still a great #1C with a few years left in the tank who went late in the third for no discernible reason.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I am pretty torn between 3 players for my next pick, but I have settled on who I'm taking as long as you losers don't take him in the next three picks

They're all on my list.

Actually I'm going to sleep soon so I might have to send my list to someone. Any volunteers?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Technetium posted:

Seeing as how I still need a center I'm going to go with Logan Couture.

Fuuuuck youuuuu

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I was going to avoid retreads but instead I'm going to take Jaden Schwartz, who had a tough year due to a prolonged ankle injury but is still an all-around machine first line left wing. Hopefully the Blues get a discount on a long-term deal, but he is headed to arbitration so Doug Armstrong could very well do something stupid with him instead.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Wow I was really hoping people would forget about him. It's too early to take him but if he is himself it's a good pick.

He came back and got 14 points in 20 playoff games so I'd say he's alive and kicking and went after Landeskog and Huberdeau sooo right about where expected. Also make your pick.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

exxon or lazerwolf can I send you my short list in case I'm not around later for my next pick?

Not me, I'm gone in 20 minutes.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

I was hoping for Wayne Train/Big Buff b2b my dreams are dead

Why don't you go pick some 20 year-olds huh

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

e: Meant to say that Dumba is a bad pick.

Brodeur's Nanny gave me his list so I could pick for him but I don't know if he's around so.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Actually never mind, I'm reasonably certain that Brodeur's Nanny isn't on the west coast so he said he'll take Zach Parise because a jilted Devils fan still pines for the lost scoring wingers of yore or something.

And I was going to take a younger winger but I changed my mind and decided to pick Samson Reinhart because of his superpower-granting flowing locks and also because he's 20 and score 23G+18A in his rookie season on a bad team so I project him to score 60+G by his third season.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

There are about 600 players available but I'm not sure if I want any of them.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

How good would Matt Murray look behind literally no defense?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I take Patric Hornqvist a few spots higher than last year despite his being a year older because I need an almost-30 quality possession scoring winger veteran and also there is a serious shortage of good right wingers in the NHL.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If Nuge can't score at a respectable rate playing in a free wheeling system with Hall and Eberle how exactly does he have so much room to grow?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't particularly need another center, but then again the two I already have are just 20 years old each, so I will take Bryan Little and pencil him into the second line. Plus I think he can play RW if Reinhart can take #2C duties right away.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

There's nothing wrong with signing power forwards to long-term contracts into their mid 30s other than that it never works.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If anyone needs to reach the cap floor, David Clarkson and Nathan Horton are both still available (and hilariously were traded for each other).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Flyinglemur posted:

The mighty ducks of anaheim were out trying to find a new caps button for their keyboard, sorry.

With the pick of this round, the Ducks select Jay Beagle for his work in the community and the fact that ownership thinks he may actually be an adorable dog.

Boy you have a realllly stupid gimmick going.

• Locked thread