Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i'll take washington again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

i thought we dropped the don't mention unpicked players rule?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

gimme roman josi. i wanted brent burns :(

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 8, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

oh i gotta pick again, john klingberg

josi and klingberg, combined, almost equal a karlsson

jordan7hm is up

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 8, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

FBS posted:

Klingberg was actually giving OEL a run for his money at #20.

Oliver's a better two-way player and I was wary that John's fancy stats were way too inflated by playing on the Stars so OEL won out.

i'll trade you klingberg for oel and a 9th round pick if you are having second thoughts. let me know

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

tofes posted:

good job taking two defensemen also congrats on not getting a first line center

there's a million centers left and they're all roughly equivalent. there's like three dmen left i actually want on my team

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

faulk is prob better than klingberg but i took faulk two years ago (in like the fifth round)

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

there's like 20 dudes about as good as draisatl, trochek and toffoli still available. was prob too early to take any of them

they're all better than duchene tho

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 9, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

do we still have the rule that if you pick a player that's already been chosen you get to repick but the next person up gets to pick immediately? i think that was a good rule

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

on one hand he's still a really effective center who will likely continue to produce at a top line rate

on the other hand he's ryan getzlaf

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

you can pick whenever now, but the longer you wait the less players are available

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

Anton Strålman, i can get forwards later

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

this is prob too early but i really want him and he's not surviving another 60 picks so gimme tomᚠhertl

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 11, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

wow i had nylander pencilled in for round 7 or 8

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

orlov is a good pick, i was gonna take him if stralman was gone

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

david pastrnak

he's been at the top of my list since round four and i'm thrilled he fell this far. he's young, talented and he's gonna be a great young player for the washington capitals

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jul 14, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

spurgeon and demers are both really good picks

i'm gonna go with crypto swede andrei burakovsky, i think he's poised for a breakout season

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

the capitals so far:

pastrnak - hertl - ?
burakovsky - ? - ?

josi - klingberg
stralman - ?

?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

come on down mikael granlund

to be clear, the top line c/rw from the wild, not the lovely one vancouver traded hunter shinkaruk for

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

i'm gonna take victor rask. he's basically the same player as trochek who went 200 picks ago

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

oops, sorry.

i'll take elias lindholm and thomas greiss

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

i was gonna take namestikov with my next pick

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

Technetium posted:

Please don't take the other players I want!!! Thanks and sorry!!!

pm me them so i know not to take them

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

there are like no rd left so i'm gonna take nikita zaitsev way too early prob

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

i guess i'll take jori lehtera

pastrnak - granlund - hertl
burakovsky - rask - lindholm
? - lehtera - ?

klingberg - josi
stralman - zaitsev

griess

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 26, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

i'm not prepared at all to pick so give me oscar lindberg i guess. seems pretty ok

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

another 'oh poo poo i'm not prepared' pick: anton rodin

he destroyed the SEL last year

my team currently looks like:

pastrnak - granlund - hertl
burakovsky - lehtera - lindholm
lindberg - rask - rodin

klingsberg - josi
stralman - zaitsev

greiss

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 30, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

gimme, uhhh, zemgus girgenson and marian gaborik

pastrnak - granlund - gaborik
burakovsky - hertl - lindholm
girgensons - lehtera - rodin
lindberg - rask

josi - klingberg
stralman - zaitsev

greiss

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 3, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

i took eddie lack to be my good at twitter guy and nikita nesterov to be my maybe pretty ok depth dman?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

jrykki jokipakka

i thought he was taken but he's not in the spreadsheet

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

gimme erik gustafsson i guess

the talent deficit fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Aug 12, 2016

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

gimme luca sbisa for cap reasons

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

uh Carl Gunnarsson?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

gimme coach karri kivi

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

i'll take sergei plotnikov with my last pick. his name is awesome

my team, coached by karri kivi:

david pastrnak - mikael granlund - tomas hertl
andrei burakovsky - jori lehtera - marian gaborik
oscar lindberg - victor rask - elias lindholm
sergei plotnikov - zemgus girgensons - anton rodin

roman josi - john klingberg
anton stralman - nikita zaitsev
carl gunarsson - nikita nesterov
erik gustafsson - jryki jokipakka
luca sbisa

thomas greiss
eddie lack

obviously i'll have to trade a dman or two for a couple veteran forwards at the deadline, but i like my team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

ThinkTank posted:

He signed back in Russia and doesn't have an NHL contract. Is he permitted?

is sergei kalinin taken then? if so, i guess i'll take the lesser granlund

• Locked thread