Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Phone positing in the middle of the woods with spotty service, but the Sharks take JT Brown who I don't think was taken yet but I can't really check now and last I looked he wasn't. If he was and I miss ed it, I'll take someone new in the morning when I get back to civilization and can actually use my phone reliably

Nelson-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
?-?-Brown

McDonagh-Martinez
?-Garrison

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'll take Derrick Pouliot I sure hope he plays more!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

They resigned Schultz he might not. He has great puck skill/vision but his skating is questionable for a guy that small. He may be heading towards Thomas Hickey territory.

e: I mean ideally the Pens should play them both but I'm not sure they have the balls to. Ian Cole will get 60 games at least I bet.

He's young and cheap with good fancies in limited playing time so I figure I could do worse. I'd also like to believe that between skating and vision, the former should be easier to improve than the latter so I'll take my chances I suppose; D is starting to become a wasteland. There were a few forwards I wanted there to build up my 3rd line, but I figured waiting another 60 picks to get a 4th defenseman would be a suicide mission

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Colborne was definitely the guy I was going to take over Pouliot but I figured I needed another defenseman more than my 3rd line center

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

tofes posted:

hey guys had Gordie Howe been taken yet?

like you wouldn't believe

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Toronto takes Riley Sheahan:

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

On the metro. I'll have Colin Wilson. Real bad season but real good playoffs and fancies.

welp

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sharks take Jason Zucker because I LIKE SPEED and he scored 20 goals once and I'm probably going to end up having two checking lines and forecheck and Crosby everyone to death

Nelson-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-xxx-Brown

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison

Infidel Castro
i am the bird
VJeff x2

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ok I was secretly trying to take all college players after Crosby, but now that Sheahan and Colborne are gone, there are no 3C left. I was going to try to take a different LW1 and move Nelson down the center the 3rd line, but that was supposed to be Hagelin you bastards :(

I think my dream is dead, so maybe I will actually have a better team now that I don't have to care about my made up rules

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

There's still an ok college 3C left despite you embarrassingly not taking Zajac or Haula

e: actually he's not really OK but he is a center

Haula is a guy I slept on and wanted after I took Brown, though I still like Brown. Zajac I didn't think would be gone

e: I think my team is pretty good considering the parameters within I have been drafting.

Elliot getting drafted when he did really hosed me up and had me resigned to the fact that I was going to end up with You Know Who

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 27, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Uh I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm at work and phone posting with 3% battery, and I hate all of the centers left for a 3rd line role if I want to have any semblance of scoring depth, so I'm moving Nelson down to 3C and I'm taking a HUGE risk here and drafting Dmitrij Jaskin for my first line LW and this is where my team goes off the rails

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm picking 6'7 Andrej Sustr.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkk

I picked Zucker because I got blinded by all the speed :( I knew I should've taken him or Manson

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

T-Bone posted:

Did you guys know that Max Domi actually scored zero NHL points in his 19 year old season? He actually couldn't even skate that year I hear, I don't think you learn that until you're in the NHL.

can he skate backward? y/n

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I won't be back from work for another hour or so, so if Yaya picks I can give you a little while to get situated if you can get to a computer before then

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I will take apparent corsi wizard 4th line center Nick Shore

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown
xxx-Shore-xxx

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison

Crosby and grinddddd

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I will take Brett Pesce because I don't think there are really any more young RH possession positive defenseman left and bonus he's a college guy so the dream is still kinda alive but not really

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown
xxx-Shore-xxx

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison
xxx-Pesce

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

stab posted:

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Two people wanted both of my last two picks so I feel like I did a good job

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Something something offensive zone stick penalty

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Do not besmirch the great and powerful Andy Greene with your fancy pants hullabaloo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sharks Will Take Carter Hutton I Guess Because LOL The Remaining Goalies

Jaskin - Crosby - Nyquist
Kreider - Larkin - Sharp
Zucker - Nelson - Brown
xxx - Shore - xxx

McDonagh - Martinez
Pouliot - Garrison
xxx - Pesce

Hutton

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My two NHL goalies are both obviously going to be dogshit back-ups, so I'm going to grab my goalie of the future now in Thatcher Demko and worry later about who will be the other half of my mediocre tandem.

Jaskin - Crosby - Nyquist
Kreider - Larkin - Sharp
Zucker - Nelson - Brown
xxx - Shore - xxx

McDonagh - Martinez
Pouliot - Garrison
xxx - Pesce

Hutton
(Demko)

Yaya until 4:19pm EDT
JoelJoel
Menamino

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I think now that Frans is gone, Cizikas might be the 3rd most important guy on that team after JT and Leddy. He's the reason why The Best 4th Line In Hockey was ever effective when Clutterbuck and Martin were throwing their goony bodies around and taking themselves out of plays. He's easily one of the 5, if not 3, most defensively responsible guys on that team and I wouldn't be surprised if his bad fancies were because of Fred Flintstone's lovely deployment and not because he secretly sucks

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I'm taking Chad Johnson as a backup.

Man, I was really hoping he'd make it back to me. I think my team is decent enough that he and Hutton could've split starts until Demko was ready.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

A 1 HR time limit pretty much ensures that we can knock out at least half a round a day while still keeping things balanced. At that rate, the absolute longest this thing could last would be two more weeks and honestly at this point it's taken this long I really wouldn't care

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

Brian Elliott couldn't beat out Halak or Allen for the full time #1 job over the course of 4 seasons.

These were both two pretty good goalies each season he played with them and there were good stretches of seasons with each where Elliot was the better goalie and was given a lion's share of the starts. Not to mention that Allen is their Goalie Of The Future and they went into each of the last two seasons with every intention of making him the starter and lessening Elliott's role, only to have Elliot play well enough to force himself into the lineup

Jordan7hm posted:

He's a fine goalie who has been bad outside of St Louis

He was also a 25 year old who came from the 3rd hardest of 5 collegiate hockey conferences and then played for Ottawa and Colorado, so it's not really out of the realm of possibility to think that it might take him a little while to come into his own at the professional level

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 9, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Agreed

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yaya posted:

I'd be down with just making it 1 hour per pick. Speeds things up while still maintaining the draft order

This would be my vote but I honestly don't care. I have been on this forum a long time and I know how stuff like this usually goes, so the fact that we are as far along as we are at this point is an accomplishment in and of itself

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I actually posted that, then did the math in my head, and audibly groaned

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I drafted assuming an expansion draft (for the most part) and would be happy to have some undetermined goon take all of my lovely players

With that said, the Sharks take Jeff "Mike Dad 'Blased God' Bab Clock (Jr.)" Blashill because I'm a homer and he's an actually good coach who's going to get run out of town when the Wings miss the playoffs and land on his feet in Columbus or some poo poo and be awesome.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 11, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Without looking, I'm like 95% sure that he was taken already

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Derek Forbort because he has decent fancies in limited PT so he should make a decent 7th D and hopefully he turns into a regular but mainly because his name sounds funny

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

tofes posted:

The Sabres will take Matt Nieto

booooooooo

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sharks take Jon Merrill because like what loving defensemen are even left at this point :gonk:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Infidel Castro posted:

I'll take Jason Zucker, who has really good fancies

i know that's why i drafted him 8 rounds ago

to play on my third line

because i am blinded by speed and bad at this

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I actually like my defense considering how I largely ignored it for most of the draft. Puck movers, youth, decent fancies, mostly cheap...and Jon Merrill

e:

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown
xxx-Shore-xxx
xxx

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison
Merrill-Pesce
Forbort

Hutton
xxx
Demko

goalies :psyduck:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 12, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

My cap space and lack of legitimate goaltending is forcing me to do The Thing and draft the most elite of goalies in James Russell Howard III

However, I'm phone posting, so if someone wouldn't mind updating the spreadsheet for me, I would really appreciate it.

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Toronto takes Tommy Wingels.

E:
Lucic - Matthews - Niedereitter
Wennberg - O'Reilly - Stafford
Abdelkader - Sheahan - Soshnikov
MacKenzie - Wingels - Garbutt

Beaulieu - Shattenkirk
Kindl - Trouba
Nurse - McQuaid

Vasilevsky

Scratch: Prout

PS gently caress you

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sharks take Kyle Clifford

Technetium posted:

I'll take Jakob Chychrun since he might play in the NHL next year and he looks to be a heck of player.

I would really like if this guy was a red wing and I'm still really salty about it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown
Clifford-Shore-xxx

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison
Merrill-Pesce
Forbort

Howard
Hutton
Demko

Blashill

Don't hate it

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Nathan Gerbe would make an alright bottom 6 forward/penalty killer/fast guy I guess

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Because I got sniped on Tommy Wingels, I need to fulfill my homer lust, while also filling a bottom-6 C/RW hole, so the Sharks select Austin Czarnik

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown
Clifford-Shore-Gerbe
(Czarnik)

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison
Merrill-Pesce
(Forbort)

Howard
Hutton
(Demko)

Blashill

Would just need to sign another forward for depth; or two and send Czarnik down to the AHL for a year, then pray that he's more of a middle-6 than bottom-6 and then he can slot in for Sharp if I can't re-sign him at a reasonable cost, or bump Nelson into the top-6/Brown down in Gerbe/Clifford's spot and get him on that 3rd line.

Also hoping that Forbort is ready for legit NHL minutes, or he'd need to go down too for a year and I'd have to sign whatever lovely scrap heap D man is left for the 7th role

My top line has Crosby, and my other 3 lines have a decent center and at least one really fast guy to put pressure on the other team. All three of my defense pairings are likely solid yet unspectacular and, with the exception of Merrill, all of them should be good puck movers. My goalie situation is really just hoping that Demko is a legit goalie of the futute and hopefully finding a new home for Howard as soon as next year, though I don't feel that he and Hutton are an unreasonably bad tandem. And unless I'm reading the expansion rules wrong, Demko won't have enough pro time to need protection? So Howard's NTC shouldn't be an issue for me.

My problem is that Shore, Czarnik, and Pouliot are all RFA next year, and Larkin, Nelson, Zucker, Jaskin, Pesce, Forbort, and Merrill are all coming up the year after :pwn:

Good thing I'm $14M under the cap :ohdear:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Talk about how my team is 20/23 NCAA alumni and therefore smarter than every other team

• Locked thread