Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'll take the Ducks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I probably missed it somewhere but are we using a site like yahoo or something like that or am I expected to know how much each player costs against the cap and keep track of that as I draft? Because I know this might be hard to believe with how awesome I am as a poster and stuff but I'm pretty loving dumb about this poo poo in real life.

And most other stuff too.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Now I have to do math? loving gently caress.

I plan on filling my roster with players that are making 1M or less, making it easier for me to stay under the Cap. I'm not worried about actually winning - which is why I took the Ducks. Gonna do Mook proud.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

T-Bone posted:

The spreadsheet will auto calculate the cap hit once it's inputted.

What a time to be alive!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Flyinglemur steps up to the microphone and clears his throat

Ahem. Ahem. Excuse me but COUGH COUGH I'm sorry, something in my throat.

With the 13th pick in the draft, the Anaheim Ducks pick Jack Echorn. Eichel. Jack Eichel. We couldn't be happier to have this young man as the cornerstone of our team, which we are building around depth, character and mad skillz. We believe Mr Egghorn brings this in spades. Welcome aboard, John!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Technetium posted:

stop taking all the young talent you assholes

You say that like I have a plan of any kind

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Look, I know I'm 5 minutes early annoucning my pick but there's a brand new hot dog cart opening up on thurmond street and I just gotta be there with my man Phil "The Thrill" Kessel

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
So can i pick first thing in the morning? I'm away from my computer and didn't think it would get back to me today but i underestimated all of your social lives on a weekend.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Because we pause at 10 pm anyway right?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah except if you're posting here you should just pick.

I have enough time to check this thread but not to research my pick, genius

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

FBS posted:

If you post after 10 pm and you don't pick til the next morning you better have the best writeup of the draft when you do choose somebody.

Just checked the rules, didn't see that there. Again - real life happened and I didn't have time to make my pick. I could be a dickbag and wait until 11:59 AM and post my pick but seriously, I'm not that guy.

So for the third round pick, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks of Aneheim select John Carlson

BOOMER, YOU'RE UP

edit: I understand everyone's frustration that it seemed that I was holding poo poo up but it wasn't intentional and I'm not putting enough strategy into this to have anything like "picks in advance".

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 10, 2016

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Edit: NVM I'm terrible at this

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 12, 2016

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Jordan7hm posted:

Not only was he picked, he was picked in the first round.

LOL...I did a search of the spreadsheet and didnt see him.

New pick incoming

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
OK so with their second, and totally legit pick of this round, the Ducks of Southern California select Martin Jones.

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jul 12, 2016

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Mmmmhmmmm...laugh now fuckers but just you wait because I'm not done yet and there's PLENTY more laughing to be done at my poo poo team!

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
With the....whatever pick of the draft, the Mighty Anaheim Southern Ducks of California select Old Man Jagr to provide leadership in the locker room and 19 year old Czech girls for the whole team!

seriously, I know he will probably fall off in production this year but everyone has been saying that forever.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The mighty ducks of anaheim were out trying to find a new caps button for their keyboard, sorry.

With the pick of this round, the Ducks select Jay Beagle for his work in the community and the fact that ownership thinks he may actually be an adorable dog.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Anaheim Ducks select Connor Sheary and before anyone tells me how horrible of a pick this is, he is going to be on Sid's wing and I genuinely think this is a Good and Smart Hockey Move.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
The Ducks select Defensivemans Brian Dumoulin because he is cheap and is playing with other, good players that should help his development and also I like him.

Good soldier Svejk is up

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
It's been over 2 hours, I'm good to make my pick right?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Aye Doc posted:

mentholmoose picked at 2:57, Svejk's time expires at 4:57 so we got some time still

Huh...I just noticed that my system time is not synched to the SA Offical Post Time and I am an hour ahead. No idea how I have missed this.

Sorry.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm so happy about this pick I'm gonna do a celebration...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-OJgZkiunA

The Ducks select RW Nail Yakupov because I believe he will be traded somewhere and really come out of his shell and celebrate all over everyone's asses.

Boomer you are up.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

eXXon posted:

If Hellebuyck and Laine pan out, that team might scrape ahead of the J gimmick team, but probably not. And only because FlyingLemur wasted picks on Jagr and Beagle instead of uhhh Jack Johnson I guess?

Dude, you are spending more energy on my team than I am. Do I owe you money?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My pick is incoming.... (don't get excited, its terrible)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I need some more Defense and I'm sure I will get lambasted for this but I'm picking a guy that looked pretty good in the playoffs on a team that wasn't playing very good. (Keep in mind I am doing this with zero help from any fancy stats whatsoever - as if that wasn't obvious).

The Mighty Ducks select this fine looking young man

Brady Shay...Shea...Skjei? Really? That can't be right

Not being a Rangers fan I don't know if he's really terrible or not but he looked pretty good for what I saw of him, his contract is in my wheel house and hopefully he will get a little better.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

T-Bone posted:

There are also a few people who are going to have take some dumb dumb contracts to hit the floor.

I have a plan for that

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Speaking of not having a list, the Ducks select Brian Rust mostly because he will probably be playing alongside Malkin again and he has a great contract.

Boomer you are up

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Pfffft, why wait until ten when I can waste this pick now?

The Ducks select old rear end center Brian Boyle because he's in a contract year and every time I watch him play he seems to have a timely goal and/or assist. Granted, I only see him play once or twice a year but hey I need some goddamn centers.

So team ShitShowSouthernCalifornia looks like:

Kessel-Eichel-Jagr
Sheary-Boyle-Yakupov
? -? -Rust
? -? -?

J. Carlson - Dumoulin
Skjei - ?
? - ?

M. Jones
MAF

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You seem to have forgotten you picked Jay Beagle

Also I think some of you guys out there aren't going to hit the cap floor which will be interesting.

How could I forget him? He's a good boy oh yes he is

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

tofes posted:

Why on earth did you take Fleury and Jones

Look, we're however many rounds into this thing and if you haven't figured out that I don't have a "plan" or am "good at this" then I don't know what to tell you.

But I AM committed to the entire thing and man I hope the Ducks do well. A team that our own Mook would be proud to cheer for.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Technetium posted:

I'm sorry to tell you the MDoA are DOA

I actually took the Ducks on purpose because I loving hate them

Also, I don't have any delusions about how terrible I have always been at Fantasy Hockey but oh man if I do better than any of you guys who are actually looking at stats and stuff

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

tofes posted:

I dunno I just think there are funnier picks to make than two goalies

I looked and saw that we need two goalies, I need to make the cap floor and I honestly think MAF is going to have a good year when he gets to play because everyone sees the writing on the wall.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

tofes posted:

I mean Dallas' tandem is funnier and it's actually real

Nothing is funnier than Fleury when he isn't "on"

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Is anyone going to be around today that I can send my pics to in case it gets to me?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

tofes posted:

Gimme some of that Chris Kunitz

And you said I made bad picks

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Might I suggest Alex Semin, Nikolay Zherdev, or Nikita Filatov?

Hey who the gently caress...did you find my draft pick list in a Starbucks or something?

But no, I would like to take Centermanskater Cedric Paquette to put between Sprong and Rust.

Boomer the Cannon is up.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Wait, we're supposed to be picking defense too?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Technetium posted:

The Nashville Predators select Slater Koekkeok. Looks set to take a bigger role in Tampa Bay after only playing 9 games last year and averaging 9 minutes per game. He's 22 and should have the skills to become an effective puck moving and mobile defenseman.

You son of a whore

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
So uh....I have no Defense and it turns out all the real people who play Defense are gone so the Mighty Ducks select Mark Borowiecki.

Good Soldier you are up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
As much as I want to take Mike Yeo just so I can fire him, I need a coach that is good at relating to young players, has innovative practice methods and always gives good, smiling interviews.

Gimme Disco Dan Bylsma

Boomer you are up

• Locked thread