Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

i am the bird posted:

I'm aiming for a slightly better team than Edmonton. We're in year one of our rebuild.

You're already way better than Edmonton with Muzzin/Niskanen. Youth isn't applicable when you talk about McDavid unless your point of reference is Crosby or like Kane who went to the finals in their third years.

Silfverberg is who he is at this point, a solid 2nd line scoring winger, but Drouin/Draisaitl are both poised for huge years next season, I like those picks. If you get a real goalie that could easily be a solid playoff team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
ThinkTank/Recapitator can both pick at this point.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
pick you bastards pick

Steen is a good pick even if he's probably due for a little regression age wise.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Too long have I turned from my children, too long.

but let's take two who have a really good chance at playing big NHL minutes this year:

gimme Kyle Connor and Ivan Provorov

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 18, 2016

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Real Talk:

Connor and Provorov are about as close to sure bets as you can get prospect wise outside of Matthews/Laine imo, and both should make their respective teams this fall. I don't think you'll find better value on a ELC outside of maybe one other guy who plays a position I didn't really need.

Connor-Giroux
Toews

Krug-Demers
Spurgeon-Provorov

Rask

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

FBS posted:

I think the odds are better that Connor starts in the AHL, unless he has an exceptional preseason. There's a ton of competition among wingers this year.

Could be with Laine, although I think he makes his way up very quickly in any case. Actually those two are the best winger prospects in the NHL, loving Jets man.

mentholmoose posted:

Hanzal got taken 20 picks ago.

Provorov wouldn't have lasted past my next pick. Good choice; dude's gonna be amazing.

There were some vets I really wanted to take, but yeah I figured he would go soon with how youth has been drafted. Hextall has been freaking me out a little a bit though saying he might go back to Juniors again.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Adam Larsson is T-Bone's favourite Devil and for good reason. He's big like giraffe, strong like ox, skate like wind, shoot like cannon, and start in defensive zone like rented mule. At least half of those things must be true or else hfboards morons wouldn't post about how underrated he is and how much they regret having to trade him to get one of the top young wingers in the game. He might play in one of the other two zones this season and bank some pucks off McDavid's shin and then you'll see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-JlHNZewpU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Imagine if Edmonton was sane and Montreal wanted actual value: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTf3HVbmX4

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah he's going to make Columbus. He ripped it up in the AHL playoffs and for my money looked the most NHL ready of any d-man at the WJ (his skating is insane).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like the crazy goalie they drafted too, so 2 and a half

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Well I wasn'tt planning on picking him again never mind like 7 rounds earlier than last year but since you jerks took Provorov and Werenski I guess I have to take the last next great young left defenseman left in Shea Theodore. Hopefully the Ducks manage to dump Fowler and that other lovely guy whose name ends in er and is even worse into the ocean and let Theodore play serious minutes behind Lindholm.

He's pretty good and will also make his team I think. Long live the Cap and ELCs.

This is reminding me that I took Josh Morrrissey way too loving early a draft or two ago.

Let us all not have Josh Morrisseys.

I can say his name right? I mean if someone wants to take him go for it.

e: gently caress he has two Rs and two Ss -- gently caress that kid

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

tofes posted:

"Even though my second line isn't finished yet I'll take this unproven defense prospect" - idiot GMs in this thread

hrmm umrph arr let's see here TOMAS HERTL never heard of him I'll take Havlat - tofes in 2013

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Listen pal I took Ehlers and Panarin last year maybe you don't know your prospects but big T does

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Well we should be really be doing a 30 player draft, not 23 -- but even in this context gently caress taking some pluggers when I can take a (high probabiliity even) potential elite player

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
in about 15 minutes Metapod can pick

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah that was the other guy I was talking about w/r/t Connor. Strome will be in the NHL next season for sure, especially considering Arizona's situation. If he gets some time with Domi and Duke that could be a fun line.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 18, 2016

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aye Doc posted:

I take Damon severson

This is a good pick. He's going to play a lot of minutes this year, and should get some solid PP time.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Forgot to include: is garbage defensively

Eh you could do worse. He makes some big mistakes but he makes a lot of plays that no one else on the Devils can, particularly on the outlet.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He's also going to get the [spoiler] bump

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
get the barn ready boys

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He also shouldn't have won the Hobey Baker. Connor got robbed.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

tofes posted:

Carl Hagelin come on down

motherfucker

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
He is free of the anchor and will again flourish. Severson will receive the bump of all bumps.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Very good playing with Drew Doughties

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm gonna go with Nick Foligno and Mikko Rantanen.

Foligno had a down year obviously but his possession stats were still really good and he's still of the age where I think he has a few 50ish point seasons in front of him.

Rantanen was the AHL rookie of the year as an 18 year old last year will definitely be up with Colorado next year. I thought about a vet instead but he has a ton of upside.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think with Giroux/Toews he would bounce back and have a solid season. His fancies really are quite good.

Rantanen should see time with Duchene or MacKinnon this year, he's huge and talented: AHL rookie of the year as an 18 year old and over a PPG. I need another good vet winger but 60 picks later I'm skeptical I can find a good one.

Foligno-Toews-Rantanen
Connor-Giroux-?

Spurgeon-Demers
Krug-Provorov

Rask

Too young probably after taking Giroux/Toews but still a solid team I think. Rantanen/Connor/Provorov figure to play next year, we'll see how well they do.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

e: also gently caress the guy who took Mikko Rantanen, thought he'd be safe til my next pick because I needed D.

never trust me around children

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think I've taken Murphy like twice in the past 3 drafts. I wonder if he'll put it together.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
There are also a few people who are going to have take some dumb dumb contracts to hit the floor.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

i am the bird posted:

poo poo, didn't realize it came back around. I'll take Radek Faksa

son of a loving bitch

great pick, he's a monster -- could win a Selke someday if he can add a little more production

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If Boston keeps missing the playoffs Bergeron isn't going to win poo poo.

((they'll make it this year))

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
They resigned Schultz he might not. He has great puck skill/vision but his skating is questionable for a guy that small. He may be heading towards Thomas Hickey territory.

e: I mean ideally the Pens should play them both but I'm not sure they have the balls to. Ian Cole will get 60 games at least I bet.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 24, 2016

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I'd also like to believe that between skating and vision, the former should be easier to improve than the latter so I'll take my chances I suppose

Larsson sighed and put on his Oilers jersey

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I am bored shitless at my desk and would like to select a child

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I was gonna take Pouliot and Namestnikov but now I am nothing

e: gently caress and Beleskey? There goes the universe

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
His contract is poo poo but I still rate him as a very solid two way NHL center. I'm gonna homer it up with Travis Zajac -- he can play good hard minutes and he'll free up Giroux/Toews to do what they need do.

Still debating on my next one, I'll post it soon.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ok -- while there are still prospects around that I like I don't think I can pass up Patrik Berglund here -- he played some good hockey at wing this year and that's where he'll end up on this team, either with Zajac or going into the corners for Giroux and Connor.

Foligno-Toews-Rantanen
Connor-Giroux-?
Berglund-Zajac-?

Spurgeon-Demers
Krug-Provorov

Rask

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 26, 2016

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Aye Doc posted:

I propose that we skip someone if they have to make 2 picks and only post 1

I'm the fastest drafter in the league, do you understand rookie, in the league

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Veskit posted:

Wtf we're supposed to hire coaches?

Ron Wilson should make it back to you

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

eXXon posted:

Ok I'll take Thomas Hickey again because he has decent fancy stats and high P/60 even away from Tavares. Sure he's only a third pair D behind Leddy and de Haan, but nothing suggests he can't take more minutes until Theodore is ready besides T-Bone's snide comments about his lack of size and speed or whatever. I'm interested in facts, not feelings.

Anyway let's look at this stupid garbage team lineup now:

Schwartz-Barkov-Hornqvist
Pouliot-Little-Jansen
Reinhart

DeKeyser-Faulk
Hickey-Larsson
Theodore

If Barkov turns into peak Kopitar and Reinhart follows close behind, it could be good. Otherwise, it will be exceptionally average since I drafted mostly two-way forwards without a goalie or great D.

hey I like Thomas Hickey he just isn't a guy who should have went #4 overall.

But hey neither is Adam Larsson!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Technetium posted:

Give me Sebastian Aho. He's set to come over and make the Hurricanes roster next year and at only 18 was a point per game player in the SM-Liiga and was 2nd place to league MVP. He excelled in the playoffs and every tournament he's been at and is poised to become an effective NHLer.

I considered him with my last pick. Looks like a solid bet to play some meaningful minutes this year.

i am the bird posted:

Does the head coach have to be working in the NHL?

No.

• Locked thread