Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

I love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you are both bad

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the clown cries for thee

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

JiveHonky posted:

what is that link to.

i am not clicking that

It's all the episodes of Candle Cove.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

goddamnit

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I always thought it was a movie written by and about Oscar Wilde called "The Gay the Crown Tried" because it all rhymes.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Serious Frolicking posted:

wait, jerry lewis is still alive?

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Yeah, Dick van Dyke too

holy poo poo

on both counts

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

:yikes:

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

jerry lewis has never been funny

The Errand Boy is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4v8UdkTx30

and you can watch it for free on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pED5BQKb8ww

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

I thought TDTCC was supposed to be an abortive mismatch of comedy and tragedy. That just looked like a dull holocaust drama.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Harry Shearer's description of it makes me sort of want to see it:

quote:

When Shearer was interviewed for a famous Spy magazine article about the film in 1992, he described it as like “if you flew down to Tijuana and suddenly saw a painting on black velvet of Auschwitz. You’d just think ‘My God, wait a minute! It’s not funny, and it’s not good, and somebody’s trying too hard in the wrong direction to convey this strongly-held feeling.” He also said “With most of these kinds of things, you find that the anticipation, or the concept, is better than the thing itself. But seeing this film was really awe-inspiring, in that you are rarely in the presence of a perfect object. This was a perfect object. This movie is so drastically wrong, its pathos and its comedy are so wildly misplaced, that you could not, in your fantasy of what it might be like, improve on what it really is. ‘Oh My God!’ – that’s all you can say.”
I kind of want to know what this perfectly-wrong thing looks like. My curiosity is piqued.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Wasnt he on svu at some point

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

Speaking of 'bummer dead kid movies', there was one about Sonderkommandos at Auschwitz and they find a baby (I think it somehow survived the gas chamber and they found it while clearing the bodies?). They take it and try to hide it from the SS in the camp. I think David Arquette was in it? Anybody have any clue what movie I'm thinking of?

It was a young girl, not a baby, but you're probably thinking of The Grey Zone.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!
This movie was accompanied by extensive shenanigans while in production, which just adds to the legend behind it.

quote:

Principal photography began in Sweden during April 1972, but the shoot was beset by numerous problems. In an article published online on October 30, 2010 at mondo-video.com, cast members working on the film with Lewis reported his on-set personality as "distracted, nervous and preoccupied with money". Film equipment was either lost or delivered late, and the necessary money was nowhere in sight. Lewis was repeatedly assured that money was forthcoming by Wachsberger, who did not appear at all on set.

Wachsberger not only ran out of money before completing the film, but his option to produce the film expired before filming began. He had paid O'Brien the initial $5,000 fee, but failed to send her the additional $50,000 due her prior to production. Lewis eventually ended up paying production costs with his own money to finish shooting the film, but the parties involved in its production were never able to come to terms that would allow the film to be released. O'Brien was shown a rough cut of the film in an attempt to acquire the necessary rights to release the film, but after viewing the product decided that it was not fit for release and, therefore, did not enter into an agreement with the producers or Lewis for the unauthorized, derivative work. After shooting wrapped, Lewis announced to the press that Wachsberger had failed to make good on his financial obligations or even commit to producing. Wachsberger retaliated by threatening to file a lawsuit of breach of contract and stated that he had enough to finish and release the film without Lewis. Wanting to ensure the film would not be lost, Lewis took a rough cut of the film, while the studio retained the entire film negative. In January 1973, Lewis stated publicly that the film was in final production, it had been invited to the Cannes Film Festival in May, and it would be released in America after that.[4] In fact, the film was never released and remains unreleasable due to the failure to secure the underlying rights from O'Brien.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Remake it with a female cast.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LadyPictureShow posted:

Speaking of 'bummer dead kid movies', there was one about Sonderkommandos at Auschwitz and they find a baby (I think it somehow survived the gas chamber and they found it while clearing the bodies?). They take it and try to hide it from the SS in the camp. I think David Arquette was in it? Anybody have any clue what movie I'm thinking of?

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

It was a young girl, not a baby, but you're probably thinking of The Grey Zone.

nope, it was a baby and hes thinking of Escape from Sobibor (the much sadder cousin to The Great Escape):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092978/

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Rutibex posted:

nope, it was a baby and hes thinking of Escape from Sobibor (the much sadder cousin to The Great Escape):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092978/

I'm a she, was probably thinking of that Gray Areas one, but I'll give this a watch too!

Revenants Return
Mar 28, 2016

by Shine

papa_november posted:

Harry Shearer's description of it makes me sort of want to see it:

I kind of want to know what this perfectly-wrong thing looks like. My curiosity is piqued.

Harvey Shearer thought it was too hosed up for fyad back in '92.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Long live the king

• Locked thread