Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
The italian guy who made the concentration camp comedy that got all the Oscars, was that the same script, or different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
would make a good episodic sitcom if they didnt kill him off in the first episode

anyways im not shocked that this did nazi a release

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

LadyPictureShow posted:

Different, this one he's a washed-up clown that finds an audience/purpose by clowning for Jewish children on the other side of the prison fence. He stays to entertain them before they're shipped to Auschwitz , but accidentally gets locked in with them. The Nazis ask to lead the kids to the gas chamber so they won't make a fuss, since they like him and trust him. He does so, but at the last second, decides he can't abandon 'his' kids and goes in with them.

Life Is Beautiful has a man and his son in the camps, and he sets it all up as a game so his son won't be scared, like hiding and being quiet gets more points, but not doing work gets you less. He makes excuses like childrens' numbers in the camp dwindling because 'oh they're hiding, because they want to beat your score!' and they can't leave because 'they almost have enough points to win!' and the guards are nasty because 'they're jealous and want the prize'. His son sees him as he's being taken away for execution, so he starts dancing/goofing off as he's led out of view to keep the illusion up.

So aside from 'pretend like everything's fine to little kids in a certain death situation', they don't really have much in common.

thanks for the summary, I really didn't want to have to watch two bummer dead kid movies to learn that

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Serious Frolicking posted:

wait, jerry lewis is still alive?

yep he's 90

the simpsons should parody this movie with professor frink, that's a good enough episode idea

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
When I was maybe 6 I saw the original nutty professor and thought Jerry Lewis was funny

So then I rented King of Comedy at the movie store because I figured it was going to be really super hilarious. It's got Jerry Lewis and the movie is called King of Comedy, after all.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Egbert Souse posted:

The King of Comedy is awesome. It's basically Taxi Driver 2 except it's a dark comedy.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I always thought it was a movie written by and about Oscar Wilde called "The Gay the Crown Tried" because it all rhymes.

• Locked thread