Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
I was talking to my roommate's mum about her hyperthyroid cat recently (the roommate's a cat whisperer and the rest of his family are close behind).

This is all entirely anecdotal, of course, but the cat ended up being intolerant of the anti-hyperthyroid medication. Not quite allergic, but it caused her digestive system to partially shut down, causing blockages with the associated vomiting. They only got to the bottom of it when they had to discontinue all medication for another reason, and the cat started pooping again. But once they figured it out, they got on a new medication that didn't have as many issues.

And then I learnt about specialty cat food for hyperthyroid cats that's just normal food with very very low iodine. Basically undetectable levels of iodine. No idea if it's the best choice, and, speaking as someone who has at least a little experience with iodine in food, its just gotta be expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread