Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I have a hyperthyroidic cat who lives with my mother who is terrified of radiation. He is also about 17 now and has been on pills for the past year and a half. So long as he gets them regularly he is perfectly fine and maintains a healthy weight. They are also extremely easy to administer as he will just eat them with his wet food. I would prefer to get him radio therapy as it should still be safe but my mother won't hear of it. So my advice is don't worry, even if you end up needing to get pills for the rest of the cats life they are cheap (under a dollar a day for my cats treatment. which makes it about 1/3rd of the price of the food he eats daily as my mother gets the real expensive all natural holistic-organic-etc food) and provide a high quality of life for the cat (he enjoys going outside on my mothers farm and napping in various spots like the warm brick or under the bushes) A big thing to deal with until you get the surgery is going to be the nails, they will grow like a motherfuck if the cat isn't getting treated properly, trim those or they can grow all the way around and dig into the cats paws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

My mother's 16 year old cat is doing very well on his pills and has gained significant amounts of weight and energy. I would personally have the therapy done but she is afraid of atoms.

• Locked thread