Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlueCat
Nov 3, 2005
I Demand Satisfaction!
My elder cat had the radioiodine a couple of years back, and she's been perfectly fine ever since, no longer needing the treatment she was on (which was some daily gel we applied to her ear).

She was around 11 years old at the time of the treatment. We had to try and not spend lots of time giving her love and snugs when she returned home for the first couple of weeks, and would have had to take extra precautions if there was any pregnancy / chance of it in the house.

She's now back to happily perching herself in inappropriate place for cats.

My mother's cat was diagnosed around the same timeframe, and she opted to give him the pills, as she couldn't afford the radiation. The little shithead refused to take them properly, no matter what food they were hidden in, and she didn't want to force feed him them either. He was put down last year a skinny wee man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueCat
Nov 3, 2005
I Demand Satisfaction!

AtomikKrab posted:

My mother's 16 year old cat is doing very well on his pills and has gained significant amounts of weight and energy. I would personally have the therapy done but she is afraid of atoms.

I was actually quite excited to have a radioactive cat. Or at least be able to tell people she had a run-in with radioactive substances and is now.. SPIDERCAT!

• Locked thread