Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mimingless
Nov 23, 2007
Oh no, I have a self-esteem issue

namad posted:

The audio doesn't seem that bad to me, but maybe you already adjusted it?

I might actually suggest turning up the brightness or contrast in game.
Something a lot of dark soul's streamers/let's players did was turn up their brightness (or maybe I actually mean contrast?) in game to improve their recording.
Yes it might look really awesome while you play but when you take dim mood lighting and throw youtube encoding on top of it sometimes all you get back is swathes of blackness.

I haven't played the game though, maybe some of those cave walls are just plain blackness, but I'd like to imagine at a higher game brightness setting there would be be grey shadows.

Your video is still more professional than anything I've ever done though. I really enjoyed episode two a lot. It had progression, learning, silly deaths, surprises, fire and lightning. I think the 2d nature of the game actually makes it quite watchable because there's no rapid FPS camera movement to give youtube's bitrate fits.

Here's a picture of your video and how black youtube has made this particular section of cave (other caves in previous videos were much more detailed to my eye, but maybe the game is lazy in this spot?)

Pretty sure that it's just actually that dark. S&S actually goes through with what Dark Souls 2 talked about doing but didn't - it really really wants you to use the torch, or make using/not using the torch a decision with actual consequences. There are a ton of dark areas in the game, with a decent number of places being actual total blackness if you aren't using the torch or some alternative source of light. If I recall correctly, that area isn't quite in the pitch blackness category but you won't be seeing detail without a torch, lantern charm, etc on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimingless
Nov 23, 2007
Oh no, I have a self-esteem issue
As someone who played a wand-mage my first time through(Though, 1h/wand, 2h, rather than having a shield :v:), it's also fairly easy to balance with a spell of one element and an incantation of the other, once you get some of the more flexible incantations.

Though yeah, staff-mage is actually kind of disgustingly powerful and the easy ability to alternate fire/lightning is part of the reason why. I still find sword/wand to be more fun to play though.

• Locked thread