Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
:siren:Welcome back to SAS NFL Dynasty League!:siren:
For a history of the SAS Dynasty League, check the Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

League Page: http://www59.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/34155

Owners and Rankings from Last Year:
1 - Beer4TheBeerGod - Brutally Kunnin' Brutality 2015 Champion - Paid
2 - NineK11 - Big Picture BFC Champion - Paid
3 - JTinsdale - Flint Tropics AFC Champion - Paid
4 - Alucard - Cardiac Cats NFC Champion - Paid
5 - Forever_Peace - The Soulful Power Ballads - Paid
6 - jabro - Vick Concussion Unit - Out - Replaced with FuneralDinosaur - Paid
7 - ffoecaf - Windy City Blowers - Out - Replaced with Veritek - Paid
8 - spacejung - The Brownies are Rebuilding
9 - Andio - The Yickers - Back in
10- Mayfly - Casey Ryback - Back in
11- backno - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - Paid
12- oldskool - Selentic Rockets - Out - Replaced by OnSnapGangsta - Paid

This Year's Schedule of Events:
FA Extensions / Franchise Players: Early July (This will let us know who will be available as Free Agents)
Rookie Draft: Starts July 8th @ 12PM EST
Free Agent Draft: July 27th @ 12PM EST
First come first serve free agent pool (locked players): August 16th
Roster Size Shrinks to 24: August 19th
Free agent pool locked: August 23rd
Unassigned Contracts Submitted: August 23rd
Waivers, FCFS Free Agency (no locked players): August 28-Kickoff Week 1 (September 8)
After this period, normal season waiver / free agent rules apply

Draft and Contracts:
3 lengths of contracts exist:
5 years / 3 years / 1 years
All contract statuses will be listed in the contract status line for a player, and will be designated in quotes for this explanation (e.g. "Signed")

Rookie Draft (3 rounds): All draftees will be given a 5 year "Rookie Contract" which does not count towards any FA draft restrictions. Draft will take place in typical NFL draft style (1.1 also gets 2.1 unless trades occur), and be conducted via this thread.

Draft clock is 12 hours after being notified of your pick being up ("on the clock" time will be noted on the thread as well). You can pick any time after the last pick has been made, but your 12 hour window starts when you are notified. if you miss this window:

Your pick is not lost - you still have the opportunity to pick the player you want, however,
Your pick can be poached - If the next person in the draft makes a selection before you, their selection takes precedence over yours

FA Draft (10-12 rounds): All picks from this draft will be distributed into 1, 3, and 5 year contracts (e.g. if I pick up 8 players, I choose 3 as 5 year, 3 as 3 year, and 2 as 1 years). These contracts will all show up as "Signed."

If, within 1 hour of the FA draft beginning, you have more available picks than you do roster spots, we will eliminate the worst picks such that you cannot exceed your maximum roster size during the draft.

The Season 6 FA draft will be a slow draft with the same rules as the Rookie Draft - MFL will be the location of the draft, and a 12 hour clock will be in place. I will check on whether you can still pick someone after you missed your window, or if MFL typically causes people to lose picks if you don't choose in time.

All players who are not on a roster after the FA draft will have a "Free Agent" status. You can pick up any one of these players over the course of the year.

If you drop a player, his contract status and number of years does not change. Anyone picking up this player from waivers assumes the contract of that player as it stands.

At the end of the year, you are allowed to give 2 players with "Free Agent" status a contract extension for 2 years (effectively turning a free agent's 1 year contract into a 3 year contract). They will be listed as having a "FA Extension" after this point. You may also designate one player to use a "Franchise Player" status on, which is a one year contract for the following year. Franchise Tags are not contract extensions, they are new contracts that last only one year (Do not apply the franchise tag to a player with years remaining on his contract).

All players on the waiver wire, and players whose contracts have expired (unless extensions or franchise tags are applied) will then go to the Free Agent pool at the end of the year, whereupon their contract status is reset to "Free Agent"

Alucard fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Trade Review Process
The three Commissioners will review every trade and vote to approve or reject it. If you feel the wrong decision was made I'd be open to hearing your reasons in the event we've missed something. The final decision lies with the Commissioners.

Trading Draft Picks
Draft picks can be traded. Use the MFL Draft picks for Free Agent draft pick trades. Any Rookie Draft pick trades must be stated in this thread and approved as part of an overall trade.

Waivers and Free Agency
All players who are dropped are available on waivers after 2 days. If nobody claims the player, they become a free agent.
From kickoff of the first game of the week until 11:30 PM EST on Wednesday after games are over, all available players are on waivers. If they are not claimed, they return to free agency.

Players who are free agents can be picked up without any change in your waiver order.

That's all well and good, but how the gently caress do Waivers work?
When a player is eligible for a waiver claim and you want him, you submit a waiver request. When the claim period is over, people are given waiver requests based on their waiver priority and a few other rules.

Waiver priority is "Worst to First" as it stands when waivers are processed. That means that if you put in a request on Sunday after kickoff as the worst team in the league, and someone is worse than you at the end of the week's games, You no longer have top waiver priority

You may submit multiple players for each "round" of waiver requests (we allow 3 rounds of waiver requests). The Waiver Request Guide on MFL gives more in-depth explanation as to what a "round" of waiver requesting entails. From my understanding, each round corresponds to one dropped player, and 3 possible picked up players (in priority of importance). I don't believe the picked up players have to be the same position. Waiver order is reversed on each round, so in round 2 of waivers, it is "First to Worst" and round 3 is back to "Worst to First"

Roster Size & Starting Line-Up
The roster size for each team will be 24 and the starting line-up will be:

QB RB RB WR WR WR TE K DEF

There are two IR spots that can be used only for players that are designated as IR (I), whether it be designated for return or a full-year IR departure.

During the offseason, we will be turning off free agent acquisitions and waiver moves, but you will still be allowed to drop players. To accommodate extra players during rookie, FA draft, and preseason, the roster limit will be capped at 32 instead.

Scoring
Below you can see the scoring rules for the league:

RULES FOR QB, RB, WR, TE, PK
Passing TDs - 4pts per TD
Passing Yards - 1pt per 25yds
Pass Interceptions Thrown - -2pts
QB Sacked - -1pt
Passing 2 Pointers - 2pts
Rushing TDs - 6pts per TD
Rushing Yards - 1pt per 10yds
Rushing 2 Pointers - 2pts
Receiving TDs - 6pts per TD
Receiving Yards - 1pt per 10yds
Receiving 2 Pointers - 1pt
Length of Field Goal Made - 0-39yds - 3pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 40-49yds - 4pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 50-59yds - 5pts
Length of Field Goal Made - 60-99yds - 6pts
Extra Points - 1pt
Fumbles Lost (to Opponent) - -2pts

RULES FOR DEF
Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) - 2pts
Interceptions Caught - 2pts
Sacked a QB - 1p per Sack
Safeties - 2pts
Total Points Allowed - 0-0 - 24pts
Total Points Allowed - 1-6 - 18pts
Total Points Allowed - 7-14 - 12pts
Total Points Allowed - 15-20 - 6pts
Total Points Allowed - 21-26 - 0pts
Total Points Allowed - 27-34 - -6pts
Total Points Allowed - 35-99 - -12pts
Defensive & Special Teams TDs - 6pts per TD

Schedule and Playoffs

The Schedule is very simple. We will have a 14 week regular season schedule. Every team will face their division rivals 2 times during the season, and all other rivals one time during the season.

Playoffs consist of 4 teams: 3 division leaders and 1 wild card (the team not in a division lead with the best overall record, tiebreakers are stipulated in the bylaws)

Playoffs Occur weeks 15 and 16.

Future rookie draft trades as of 12/12/2016
Flint Tropics gives 2017 Rookie Round 1 pick to The Yickers
Flint Tropics gives 2017 Rookie Round 2 pick to the Soulful Power Ballads
Soulful Power Ballads gives 2017 Rookie Round 2 pick (own) to Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz
Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz gives 2017 Rookie Round 3 pick to Soulful Power Ballads

Alucard fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 13, 2016

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
:siren::siren:ROOKIE DRAFT BOARD:siren::siren:

1.01 - Ice Up - Ezekiel Elliot - RB - DAL
1.02 - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - Sterling Shepard - WR - NYG
1.03 - Casey Ryback - Corey Coleman - WR - CLE
1.04 - Flint Tropics (from The Yickers) - Laquon Treadwell - WR - MIN
1.05 - The Brownies are Rebuilding - Michael Thomas - WR - NOS
1.06 - River City Cryptkeepers - Josh Doctson - WR - WAS
1.07 - The Soulful Power Ballads (from Manchester Rioters) - Kenneth Dixon - RB - BAL
1.08 - The Soulful Power Ballads - Derrick Henry - RB - TEN
1.09 - The Soulful Power Ballads (from Cardiac Cats) - C.J. Prosise - RB - SEA
1.10 - Flint Tropics - Will Fuller - WR - HOU
1.11 - The Brownies are Rebuilding (from Big Picture) - Hunter Henry - TE - SDC
1.12 - Brutally Kunnin' Brutality - Tyler Boyd - WR - CIN
2.01 - Ice Up - Devontae Booker - RB - DEN
2.02 - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - Jordan Howard - RB - CHI
2.03 - Casey Ryback - Kenyan Drake - RB - MIA
2.04 - The Yickers - Leonte Carroo - WR - MIA
2.05 - The Brownies are Rebuilding - Jared Goff - QB - LAR
2.06 - River City Cryptkeepers - DeAndre Washington - RB - OAK
2.07 - Manchester Rioters - Paul Perkins - RB - NYG
2.08 - Cardiac Cats (from The Soulful Power Ballads) - Malcolm Mitchell - WR - NE
2.09 - Cardiac Cats - Carson Wentz - QB - PHI
2.10 - The Yickers (from Flint Tropics) - Alex Collins - RB - SEA
2.11 - Big Picture - Jonathan Williams - RB - BUF
2.12 - Brutally Kunnin' Brutality - Tajae Sharpe - WR - TEN
3.01 - Ice Up - Pharoh Cooper - WR - LAR
3.02 - Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz - Braxton Miller - WR - HOU
3.03 - Casey Ryback - Paxton Lynch - QB - DEN
3.04 - The Yickers - Rashard Higgins - WR - CLE
3.05 - The Brownies are Rebuilding - Wendell Smallwood - RB - PHI
3.06 - River City Cryptkeepers - Josh Ferguson - RB - IND
3.07 - Manchester Rioters - Keith Marshall - RB - WAS
3.08 - Ice Up (from The Soulful Power Ballads) - Cardale Jones - QB - BUF
3.09 - Cardiac Cats - Mike Thomas - WR - LAR
3.10 - Flint Tropics - Austin Hooper - TE - ATL
3.11 - Big Picture - Daniel Braverman - WR - CHI
3.12 - Brutally Kunnin' Brutality - Roberto Aguayo - K - TBB

Alucard fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 19, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
For the Soulful Power Ballads.

FA Extensions:
- Willie Snead, WR
- Gary Barnidge, TE

Franchise Player:
- Antonio Brown, WR

Players that are out of contract and will become FAs:
- Matt Stafford, Ted Ginn, Antonio Gates, Crockette Gillmore

FA picks look good for me on the site. If you didn't do them, perhaps they ported over automagically?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Welcome back suckas.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
It seems I can't login and my email address isn't registered to reset my password.

Is there any way for you to confirm my username/password Alucard?

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
If you guys still need a replacement, I'd be interested.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I don't have internet at home (yay moving, boo divorce) so I'm out.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
For Big Picture

FA extensions for Bengals DST & Chandler Catanzaro

Franchise contract for Julio Jones

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
I'm back to defend my AFC crown! If we need a replacement player I have a friend who would be a great addition!

Can I just say in advance I'm back every year? Just lock me in.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Andio, I'll see if I can take care of it for you tonight. They changed the system this year so you may have to create a new mfl account then link the team with your old password.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We have two teams available and need some fresh meat (erm, blood). I think that JTinsdale has someone in mind, so when he chimes in, he can have pick between oldskool and jabro's teams.

Sorry to hear about the circumstances of your departure oldskool, hopefully things will resolve favorably in the not too distant future. If we ever have an extra slot in the future I'll keep you in mind.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
as mentioned above- I'd be interested in taking a team

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Veritek, choose a team to take over

I've updated traded FA draft picks - I'm going to make a Rookie draft board tonight. We're still down a few respondents, so I gotta pester again.

My extensions:
Franchise Tag - Dez Bryant
FA Extension - Karlos Williams

Everyone else is getting the axe, including:
Mark Ingram
Jonathan Stewart
Tony Romo
Panthers D
Brandon Bolden
Fozzy Whittaker (Wakka Wakka)
Doug Baldwin
Corey Brown
James Jones
Chris Boswell

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
I am also out. It's been fun but I just don't have the time to keep up with as many leagues anymore.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
My transactions:

Franchise Player: Aaron Rodgers
FA Extension: Thomas Rawls, Kamar Aiken

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

I'll claim Vick Concussion Unit. Should I just PM you my MFL email address?

I'll have my transactions in in the next couple days.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Works for me.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
I'm interested. How much is the league?

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
Franchise Tag - Rob Gronkowski

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Hope you got :10bux:

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Alucard posted:

Hope you got :10bux:

PM me your paypal info. Can I dibs Selentic Rockets? I want to go from rags to riches.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I was still linked as an owner of VCU along with Veritek83. I was going to change the team name but couldn't think of something witty so just unlinked from the franchise.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

jabro posted:

I was still linked as an owner of VCU along with Veritek83. I was going to change the team name but couldn't think of something witty so just unlinked from the franchise.

Yeah, my two big tasks this weekend are figuring out a new team name and deciding on FA extentions and the franchise tag. Though really, Veritek Concussion Unit kinda works, since I live a couple of miles from the VCU campus.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Fyi all British participants, pay me now so I can get your money before it is worth nothing.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

edited pending resolution of the ownership question.

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 29, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
F_P PMed me to see if I wanted in. Sorry goons I'm a negligent dynasty owner so I don't want to inflict that on you guys :)

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Alucard posted:

Fyi all British participants, pay me now so I can get your money before it is worth nothing.

Send cigarettes and food! Also, I have a wheelbarrow full of worthless notes. Anyone have a loaf of bread?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ninek11 posted:

Send cigarettes and food! Also, I have a wheelbarrow full of worthless notes. Anyone have a loaf of bread?

Burn the notes for warmth, or roll them tightly to make an improvised armor for the coming End of Days.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

So I'm actually taking over the Windy City Blowers.

Franchise tag: Matt Forte
FA extension: Kirk Cousins

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

How many times can you franchise tag a player?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
The Brownies Are Rebuilding

Franchise Tag: DeMarco Murray

FA Extensions: Danny Woodhead, Cairo Santos

Also, Eric Decker to the trading block. Needs are manifold.

spacejung fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 29, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhSnapGangsta posted:

How many times can you franchise tag a player?

To my knowledge no limit was specified, which makes sense since there's only one tag to use.

spacejung posted:

The Brownies Are Rebuilding

Franchise Tag: DeMarco Murray

FA Extensions: Danny Woodhead, Cairo Santos

Also, Eric Decker to the trading block. Needs are manifold.

I am definitely interested.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
You can franchise the same person until you are blue in the face.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Franchise - Adrian Peterson

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Franchise: Cam Newton

FuneralDinosaur
Jun 21, 2016
My presence should now be felt 🙂

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
Is everyone accounted for? Draft tomorrow. Just confirming to begin discussing trading draft picks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

JTinsdale posted:

Is everyone accounted for? Draft tomorrow. Just confirming to begin discussing trading draft picks.

Draft starts July 8.

Also I am always down for trading picks and players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
Ok ace, is it possible to get the draft order? I want to know who owns the top rookie draft pick?

• Locked thread