Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am so pumped for this :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Blind Sally: 69
Nine-Gear Crow: 420

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

To be honest, neither crow or I kept track of our numerous deaths, so I'm interested to see which way the curve goes.

It does not matter, for you see, no matter who loses, you both win

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

It's a good write-up, if I do say so myself. Only problem is, the guy in that picture isn't Hooper. Yeah, Hooper is a generic looking ISA space marine guy and it's easy to confuse them, but he's not that generic looking ISA space marine guy in particular. So crow and I quickly went to task getting different screen grabs of Hooper for a new, more accurate, portrait. Unfortunately, they're both hilariously awkward and I love them both and can't decide on which one to keep in the post. Instead, we figured to let the thread decide. Which does everyone prefer:

Catching-flies-in-his-mouth Hooper?

or Sad-meme-face Hooper?

Sad meme face Hooper for sure. It's only appropriate for a game whose world is now so thoroughly, uh, hooped.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
YES LET'S DO IT I'M DOWN FOR IT

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I like that Rico thinks he and Sev are still friends after what he did to Visari, it's cute and kind of sad in a way

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love rifles where all the grabby holdy bits are in front of the magazine, they feel very ~futuristic~ design-wise

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm suddenly glad I was too ill to record with you guys!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

he's not the smartest tool in the shed (what the gently caress is a Shakespeare?) but he's not stupid.

I would like to contest this, I have video evidence of the contrary

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think it is, based on the blurb from the first post about it:

quote:

Basically, crow and I are going to play the game in about equal parts. Don't worry, the entire LP won't be co-op--we just wanted to show it off a bit in the beginning. For the most part, it'll be played straight through as single-player, though we're going to take turns on different levels.

I'm assuming how it'll work after the co-op vids are finished is that deaths while crow is playing count for him and likewise for blind sally.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You will be able to get that much closer to my entirely accurate guess :getin:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Go big or go home, man. And going home is sort of becoming an issue for the helghast at this point! Ergo, bigger-than-giant giant fuckoff war machine.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno about Rico, but there sure has been a lot of friendly fire from Natko in this one so far!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mods please change my name to Senator Hitler Vape

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Fighting a losing battle" is pretty much Killzone's MO plot-wise. Personally I kinda like that, because the games so far haven't really ever had the characters give in to the futility of it all (well except for Sevchenko at the end of 2 but that's mostly because of Rico's actions). Our boys are soldiers, and so they keep fighting, even if they pretty much can't win the war against the higs at this point.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Da_Higg posted:

They must have known Rico's team was coming as their new weapon is inspired by him "What A Stupid Plan"

Ding ding ding we have a winner

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am a very big fan of the Gun Of Blowing People Up +10. Also, the idea that they were gonna use it on Narville on live TV. Was there, like, a Mythbusters-style splatter shield just off camera that we didn't get to see?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's Corporal Billinghurst to you!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He's stammering out his rank and identification in heaven now ;__;7

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Crow and I are talking about how Rico is the 'face' of the series, even though all the box arts feature random Helghast people staring angrily into the camera. I find this to be pretty humorous because the scale makes it look like they are titans from Attack on Titan.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Will my ridiculous wager somehow win me the death contest?? :eyepop:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As I assume AC means Ace Combat, yes I do think Tyty should do LPs of all the Ace Combat games.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blind Sally posted:

It was mentioned before that Narville doesn't have the full picture of the battlefield as he didn't see Stahl's invasion plans for Earth. I've decided that I'm not entirely convinced. Having been a prisoner of Stahl's, I'm confident that Narville is perfectly aware of what the man is capable of. Not only that, but Narville has fought his way through his factories--he also knows exactly what Stahl is armed with. Furthermore, I'm confident that Narville believed Sev and Rico when they said Stahl was going to invade Earth. It's great that Sev is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect Earth, as the commanding officer, that means Narville is responsible for making that decision for every single ISA soldier under his command. It's not an easy decision and Narville isn't taking it lightly; you can see the indecision, the conflict, written all over his face.

This is like the best representation of someone thinking "fuckin god dammit poo poo piss harumph" ever.

:hellyeah:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:eyepop:

edit:

Killzone 3:

edit again: The filename :pusheen:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fish Noise posted:

Nah, you gotta maintain your theme.

THE FILENAME :pusheen:

THE EVERYTHING :pusheen::pusheen:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am happy to have been a part of this crazy, wonderful journey. Shine on you crazy diamonds. :patriot:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I loving WON THE DEATH CONTEST??? WHAT?!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The other hitlers were probably doing the same thing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HardDiskD posted:

In the end, Sev discovered he was Rico all along.

Also, if not it's not that much hassle, can you guys give the Shakespeare treatment to Orlock and Stahl's dialogue at the end? :allears:

I've got you covered.

"Oh, that this too, too solid head would melt, thaw, and resolve itself into a pile of goop!"
\

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cooked Auto posted:

While shrieking madly like a gi-
No wait, that's just CJacobs.

I saw someone trash talking our lady peace elsewhere on SA and for a moment I was about to be like HEY DON'T YOU poo poo TALK OUR LADY PEACE THEIR SONG IS SPECIAL TO ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li9eSIGqNpE&t=194s

:patriot: :patriot:

Yes, tovarich! Very good!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Scaramouche posted:

What not even a good song of theirs like One More Astronaut or Superman's Dead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFmjFgqUMFo

It's special to meeeeee

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well you fooled me! I do not know much about canadian rock bands except that they are great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeeeeesssssssssssssssssss this is the best way to end the lp

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well poo poo, you've figured out the secret. Killzone is actually a soap opera. Rico Ricardo doesn't get paid enough to take a real punch, even from an actor!

edit: It is a strange place to cut to another angle though. I assume the reason it doesn't look like he really got punched is because the mocap actor didn't want to actually hit the other guy (and/or wasn't allowed to cuz it might knock the mocap suit lightbulb things off of him).

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 20, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Scaramouche posted:

Dude it's so the stuntman can react to the punch without getting him face broke, cut them some slack

Well yeah but they could have made it look slightly more real in editing. Maybe they did, and the source motion capture looked even faker! Maybe whoever did the mocap for Rico has never even felt the air of a punch going by!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Old men, mocapping the world. Warning. Warning.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holy poo poo Blind Sally is a mod. Congrats/I'm so sorry, man!

edit:

Jim's Now a Let's Play Moderator!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It was a bold approach from Sevchenko and Rico at the end there. Narville can't very well have them court martialed for the death of Visari if everybody is dead, now can he? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

White Coke posted:

Hooper of course became president.

VICE president. Space President Ke$ha's service term has infinite length thanks to the constitutional Act Of Awww Hellllla Yeah in 2033.

• Locked thread