Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I'm looking at this poll, and... the CJacobs option. Where is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

The more I hear that Helghan accent, the more I sense a joke about current events ready to go off at any moment.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Also Sev wasn't there for that. Would he even be surprised if someone told him, at this point?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

You should've used the burps as the censor beeps.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Apep727 posted:

I wouldn't exactly call it an impressive deduction. I mean, the camera lingered on the guy for a few seconds - way too long to just be "reaction from random senator."

RE: Orlock v. Stahl on tactics

I want to say that Orlock might be more in the mold of "officer and a gentleman" - there's a proper way to fight a war, and that's head-on, in the open, with both parties fully aware of the other. As much as he intends to wipe out the ISA, he wants to give them a chance to die with some dignity.

Stahl, on the other hand, is all about results. Doesn't matter what methods you use - lies, tricks, nuclear/chemical/bio-weapons - as long as it leads to victory, it's acceptable.

Orlock is the kind of guy who'd punch you in the face if you insult him at a bar; Stahl's the kind who'll follow you into the restroom and bash your head against the wall while your fly's down.

But this is all just based on what we've seen so far, so I could be totally wrong.

I get a similar read. They both want the extermination of the ISA in this current situation, but Orlock wants it done in a mostly conventional manner with overwhelming force, and absolutely no negotiation, which sends a certain public image message to everyone. Stahl overtly wants this song and dance over with, efficiently, who gives a poo poo what anyone thinks of it, let's be done and move on to the next stage. But at the same time, the shared smile with the one senator suggests to me that he is already on the next stage of his agenda, the specific handling of the current situation doesn't actually matter to him, and he knows Orlock isn't going to listen so goading Orlock into doubling down may actually be advantageous to whatever's being cooked up next.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I think it really says something about Stahl that he can just have two of those walking-stealth-fighter-looking motherfuckers right there at the big table with him, looming over everyone. Not even being formal, either. They're fidgeting and looking back and forth during the yelling and staring and tilting their heads forward to make their goggles look ominously angry. Like turn it down a notch dude, making Orlock eat crow on negotiations was good but this other poo poo is working against you.

So, as the person behind the controls, how would you compare this stealth segment to the... other stealth segment?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Blind Sally posted:

I'm confused. There are no other stealth segments in Killzone 3???
Exactly. I refer to your other ongoing LP.

Speaking as just a viewer, this side looked a little basic, but ultimately competent. Timing, noise, hit locations, line of sight, they all seemed to be working reasonably for videogame stealth. The shadows and tall grass were perhaps a little thin but I can accept that, there wasn't anything glaringly bad.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Hold on, so you basically inadvertently Off-World Interceptor Extreme'd your own LP?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I think you'll find that what happened at 8:45 is called being Isaac Clarke'd. Unfortunately, Sev has not experienced sufficient LP Convergence to survive and continue fighting in such a condition.

nine-gear crow posted:

Again, I think this is meant to show off how much Rico has grown as a person and a commander in the six months we’ve missed, but it still comes across as Guerrilla desperately trying to reel his characterization back in from “murderous, hair-trigger psychopath” and somewhat wildly overcorrecting to the point where just having him act like a normal human being all of the sudden comes across as incredibly jarring.
It could have been worse. And I don't mean this in an excusing or defensive manner, but rather in a "now imagine this" manner.

Now imagine this: Sad Dad Rico.
Sev has so many questions

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Blind Sally posted:

Concept art of the scientists in Stahl Arms.
Are those gas masks under their already-gas-mask-equipped e-suit hoods? Are these scientists literally doubling down on their essential Helghast-ness?

CJacobs posted:

I am a very big fan of the Gun Of Blowing People Up +10.
Some thousands of years after the robot uprising that cuts the solar system off from the rest of the universe, some merchant cult maniacs develop this fucker.

Fits on any big continuous beam weapon. Lightning guns? Cutting lasers? Ice beam? Flamethrower? All good. 15 meter attenuating splash.
Explosion from first dude kills second dude? Second dude explodes too. Platoons of 30 spacemen turning into a cartoon fuse of explosions.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 17, 2016

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

I'm certain now. There's plenty of good character conflicts in this, but the absolute best is between crow and grenades.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Fish Noise posted:

There's plenty of good character conflicts in this, but the absolute best is between crow and grenades.
Now with extra Rico-blaming.

nine-gear crow posted:

And really, at this point? I think the MAWLR is a better conversation partner for Sev than Narville and Rico

Blind Sally posted:

He realizes that he is an FPS protagonist in a video game.
C'mere, Helghast! Sev's got somethin' to say!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

nine-gear crow posted:

I might actually get the first one as an avatar one day. :allears:
Nah, you gotta maintain your theme.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

spbwf7 posted:

Given that this is the end of the trilogy, are there any new insights into the series' driving question, "What the gently caress is a Shakespeare?"
This is a Shakespeare.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

chiasaur11 posted:

Get the hell out of here, Velasquez.
The ISA may not go as quietly. Intelligence indicates they're behind the problems on Helghan.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Blind Sally posted:

Also, Yahtzee liked Killzone 3 less than I did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPDRSVcfJo
How well do complaints about British villains hold up now, do you think?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

When is Autarch Visally's inauguration address?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Earthgov's gone from "you idiots!" at the Helghast, to "you bigger idiots!" at the Vektans, and is now somewhere in the territory of speechless fury. Earthgov's hatred for both Helghan and Vekta exceeds their combined hatred for each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

SpookyLizard posted:

Natko. Savage.
Quit screwing around!

• Locked thread