Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

You know, the Helghast really make Zeon look appealing.

I mean, yes. Technically you're a soldier for an omnicidal dictatorship whose leader takes "You're worse than Hitler!" as a compliment. And okay, you're probably going to get killed by Amuro "THE WHITE DEVIL!" Ray. And if you insist on bringing up awkward details, you might get killed by your own leadership when Gihren fires the solar ray.

But at least with Zeon, there's a few officers like Hardy and Ral who are genuinely decent people trying to play out a poo poo hand as best they can, you don't have to live on a lovely planet where the elites live in opulence while you don't even get air, and after the first Zeon war is over, assuming you survived, you can just move back home to Side 3, tell whoever's recruiting for the latest Neo Zeon to gently caress right off, and get on with your life. And, you know, there's no shame in being killed by Amuro. Happens to a lot of guys.

With the Helghast, you might get killed by Rico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

GUNDAM ANIME bullshit. :spergin:

As opposed to the Illuminati (Gundam bullshit, but not anime bullshit), Saiyans (anime bullshit, but not Gundam bullshit) or the Rail Tracer (not actually bullshit at all).

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blind Sally: 39
Nine-Gear Crow: 50

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

MAWLR

It's 280 metres tall.

Like, seriously.

MAWLR stands for Mounted Artillery Walker/Long Range. Somewhat contrived, but it makes for a cool acronym. It's basically a walking battleship. Anyways, its primary weapon is the massive arc cannon we saw blow the Dauntless into smithereens. It also has dozens of missile batteries and auto-cannons place all over its exterior, as well as machine guns and mortars. Literally. This thing can attack in all directions with its armaments. It's slow, yes, but literally covered in guns. Such is Stahl's madness.

They're also pretty mobile. It's Killzone canon that these things are able to scale vertical surfaces. True story.

Have the Helghast even heard of the square cube law?

That's nearly 28 times the size of the loving Ratte! 14 times the size of an AT-AT. More than twice as big as the Neo Zeong, which was a giant robot so big a smaller giant robot was the only way to pilot it, and that would fall apart instantly under Earth's gravity.

It's not even a one-off prototype! They are mass producing these stupid things! They are making hundreds of them, on their planet, where they already wiped out most of the ISA troops before the MAWLRs saw service, and I'm sorry, even with videogame logic, they are not going to be able to get them offworld. You are investing enough resources to... I can't even say all the better things you could do with that. But no. Build giant robots to mop up the last few ISA troops. Bra-vo.

I get that they're Space Nazis, but wow. I'd say someone was compensating for something, but not even Helghans have dicks that small.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Apep727 posted:

Wow, I totally missed that. Huh.

As for the second thing, didn't we push that way, way back at the beginning of the first game? I mean, has there ever been any doubt that the general plot-outline of Killzone has always been "World War II IN SPACE"?

Only the Allies are massively incompetent jackasses, yes.

It's impressive that the Hellghast haven't had anyone come up with the actual winning strategy, of course.

Do Stahl's plan... only without the murder.

Now you have several thousand POWs you can use as leverage to get whatever you want from Earth and Vekta. Kill them all, and you're going to keep getting "special deliveries" right on your doorstop, because you are obviously psycho fuckwads who can't be trusted with a stick of gum, let alone a planet. Next time, you'll probably just get hammered by rods from the gods, since you're doing such a good job of showing that you aren't really people, pre-emptively justifying whatever atrocities your enemies want to inflict on you.

Meanwhile, you take hostages, you're going to be able to sell Poor Wronged Helghan. Tell Earth you were cleaning up your act, honest, but those Vektans, boy, they just wanted revenge, sending these poor ignorant souls to die for it. You put on a good face, you play nice for a few years...

And then you try to murder everyone again, because you're Space Nazis, and that's what you do. But this time you at least get some breathing room to get something together after, you know, nuking your own population centers and heavily damaging your army, which is centered around stupidly giant robots that can only be used on planet.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Also, at 52 deaths from crow, the following people have been ranked out of the death contest:

• White Coke - Blind Sally: 41; nine-gear crow: 51
  • Kinfolk910 - Blind Sally: 40; nine-gear crow: 50
  • chiasaur11 - Blind Sally: 39; nine-gear crow: 50
  • Lotish - Blind Sally: 30; nine-gear crow: 48

My one regret is Crow sucking so much.

(I'm neutral on the subject of Boneitus)

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/Tyty210/status/795862985298186240

I have been asked by Tyty (who ruined Metroid Prime 2 and hates Killzone) to post a poll in this thread. Please vote in it.

No, you will not get any further context than that.

Thank you.

A.C...

After Colony! Restart, in this context, of course means to restart civilization. Tyty's planning to set off a colony drop, wiping out civilization and probably dooming humanity! There's no other logical way to interpret any of this.

So, yeah. I vote yes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

And Sevchenko wept, for there were no more zones to kill.

Or were there?

I guess the real killing zone... was our hearts.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Old men, mocapping the world. Warning. Warning.

Get the hell out of here, Velasquez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

malkav11 posted:

There is no conceivable universe in which "stick the people who hate each other together in a confined space" fixes the situation. Unless you're angling for a solution where they kill each other to the last man, I guess.

Look, either they learn to get along, one of them kills the other, or they all die.

That's a win win win for Earth.

• Locked thread