Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
Wasteful Ammunition [is proof of] Stahl's Prickishness :effort:

I mean seriously, way to tease us with that 27 micro missile magazine. I like to think Stahl intentionally made it vomit all the missiles at once just to frustrate any would-be ISA users. I know "prickishness" (probably) isn't a real word but I needed something that could stand in for "dickishness". :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
There's something about the delivery of Stahl's "You?!" line in the last video that I find funny. It's like he's not really dismayed and anticipating an asskicking, but rather expressing his frustration that this random bunch of assholes is going to gently caress everything up for him. Again. Also this probably falls into "No poo poo, Sherlock" territory but I like how the "What planet do you think you're on?" line works on multiple levels - aside from the obvious metaphorical meaning, there's also the literal meaning (i.e. we are on Helghan and things are much more brutal and war crimes-y here). Lastly, I get the feeling that Stahl's been used to getting what he wants all his life. So the one time he doesn't, he just absolutely flips his poo poo and throws his toys out of the pram. There's also something else that occurred to me but it feels a bit :spergin: (and is probably incorrect to boot but that's because I never finished watching the Killzone 1 LP).

Those were my Big Important Thoughts about a series where one of our protagonists doesn't know what a Shakespeare is. :v:

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
Here goes nothing - admittedly it isn't a mindblowing insight (in fact I think it's downright simplistic if any of it rings true), just something I find rather interesting.

Specifically, I noticed that although we fight various representatives of the military (soldiers, generals, etc.) the overarching villain is not a member of the military itself - we have Visari in Killzones 1 & 2 and now Stahl in Killzone 3. Going full :spergin:, I'd argue that Visari is almost meant to represent the (Helghan) political (i.e. civil) leadership as a whole, whilst Stahl symbolises the (Helghan) military-industrial complex. I'm sure you could probably make interesting inferences from that, but my brain is failing to cooperate and I'm half convinced I'm seeing ~symbolism~ where there actually isn't any. :eng99:

• Locked thread