Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Love the little Ace Combat reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Wait, what? Where? That's just straight up pulled from the concept artist's website.

nine-gear crow posted:

It's done up a one-sheet style that a few artists on DeviantArt and the like have used for depictions of planes from Ace Combat and other similar things.

Well,now I want a game about Cormorant Squadron's warcrimes adventures on Planet Notspain or whatever.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Then Resistance 3 comes along and ruins the best character in the series. gently caress you, Resistance 3 :argh:

Mind explaining how? I never really payed too much attention to the story in those games. But I thought 3 at least had good gameplay?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I'll admit,I loved the fakeout. My friend,a Helghast fanboy,got really salty and almost threw his PS Move controller at the TV in frustration. And yes,he also thinks the Zeons are the good guys in Gundam,before anyone asks. It makes me wonder whether the Devs put that in on purpose to troll the "Sieg Helghan" guys.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Honestly,I hated Narville the first time through,I kept hoping that a Hig would shoot him and then got disappointed when one never did . But looking at it again,and seeing what giant fuckups both Rico and Sev (to a lesser extent) are,I actually like the guy. I honestly get South Burning vibes from the dude-a grouchy old officer trying to keep a bunch of dumbass,chest-bumping meatheads from killing themselves/each other. Except he doesn't die .

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Ha, are you sure it didn't just take me 4 seconds to get your jokes?

Speaking of mediocre, here's everything smiley-related that came out of the Fury Road thread for referenece:

Original image:

The actual smiley: :mediocre:

A better version of the smiley, or at least I prefer it, but somebody already bought the slower one:

The other Fury Road smiley: :perfect:

The less popular, :lovely::

Max smiley:

The fact that there isn't a "WITNESS" smiley is a goddamn tragedy.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

^^^^
you could be the poster to rectify this problem!

I would,if I knew anything about that kinda stuff.

SelenicMartian posted:

You can backstab the final boss, too.

Wait,really? Is it a glitch,like this? Or is it actually intended by the devs?

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 8, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Nah, it's a gameplay mechanic. Mercenary has some pretty awesome alternate objectives and challenges implemented into the game, kinda like Perfect Dark or Goldeneye 64. Just hitting Benoit from behind nets you a trophy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f7WXJ1mBpM (it's an easy one to get since when Benoit uses his shield he moves really slow)

But if you take the time to wound rather than kill Benoit (which requires you to play a little more carefully), you do the "Interrogation" mechanic which is just an amped version of Killzone 3's brutal melee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLizWpBbHk&t=1525s

That's...actually pretty sweet. Shame I never got around to playing this due to my (possibly unfounded) hatred of the Vita.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

At least Stahl is also cunning and (fairly) intelligent as opposed to some dumbass who just spews whatever nonsense it takes to get idiots people to vote for him.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

White Coke posted:

They won't be a problem much longer, it's going to be nothing but Trump impressions for video game villains now.

Metal Gear Rising is way ahead of you.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

White Coke posted:

Rico ended up going down in blaze of "glory" that wiped out two city blocks.

I'm imagining that playing out like an inept,bumbling version of this,and I can't stop laughing for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Also2: Horizon: Zero Dawn comes out next week (February 28th!) and if you have a PS4, you should probably look into getting it because it's really pretty goddamn good. And Guerrilla's said that if Horizon sells well they're gonna start working on Killzone 5, so if you really liked our LPs of the Killzone games you should probably give Horizon a look.

Don't gush too loudly,or Lumpy the Cook will come barging in to tell us that it's the worst game EVER because he saw a guy stream it for like,20 minutes.

• Locked thread