Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Killzone 2 and 3 are the best Killzones, can't wait to see the analysis for this one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

Yeah, I've always enjoyed the gun sound design in this series. It's something that they've gotten consistently right since even Killzone 1--it's only gotten better as it's gone on.

Also, next update is gonna have some proper shooting badguys gameplay, so I wanted to preempt it by announcing the thread's contest.

That's right, I'm bringing it back. The thread death contest has returned, and this time I'm confident we'll actually get to the end of the game to declare a winner! Basically, crow and I are going to play the game in about equal parts. Don't worry, the entire LP won't be co-op--we just wanted to show it off a bit in the beginning. For the most part, it'll be played straight through as single-player, though we're going to take turns on different levels.

For the contest, you only have to guess two numbers: how many times I die and how many times nine-gear crow dies.

Once you've guessed, you cannot change your numbers. The person whose two numbers are the closest to being correct wins--we play by Price is Right rules, so it's the closest guesses without going over. Also, guesses cannot be identical, though you can guess the same number for one person.

That is to say, this is a legitimate guess:

And this is a legitimate guess:

But this is NO LONGER a legitimate guess:

As "Example Goon 1" had already made that guess. Too slow, "Example Goon 3"!

Winner gets an avatar lovingly purchased for them by nine-gear crow.

Blind Sally: 7; nine-gear-crow: 23

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Being knocked down isn't a death. :rant:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazy Bear posted:

Maybe it's me, but bullpup rifles always seem like they'd be really awkward to handle. I mean, I understand the theoretical benefits, but... I dunno, magazine out front just looks more right.

Its not awkward at all, since you don't grip the magazine anyways.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

So we just recorded the alternate Single Player commentary for the first third of the game. So Missions 1 and 2 should be up either later tonight or tomorrow, so soon you too can experience the wonder that is "a solid minute of Jobbo and Argate belching before we start the video" :barf:

I regret nothing!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Marshal Radisic posted:

Two things struck me in that little scene with the senate. First, let's get another look at these guys.

"Old men, running the world...a new age!"

To me, Jorhan Stahl, despite being well into his fifties, still comes off as the "young firebrand" with a head full of "dangerous ideas" when compared to these Nazi skeletors.

Secondly, his plan of promising the ISA troops "whatever" (cease fire, safe place to disembark), luring them all to one place, then killing them, is a little unsettling. While Orlock is looking at this situation as a battle to win, Stahl seems to be reading it in terms of an act of extermination. I might be reading way too much into it, but I'm getting the impression that Stahl is the sort of guy who thinks shooting down Red Cross planes is a sound tactical decision (and hilarious to watch as well).

Orlock sees the ISA as an adversary, and the campaign against them as a military endeavour.

Stahl looks at the ISA and sees bugs, only deserving death. Whatever Orlock's plans are, Stahl plans to go one step further. He doesn't see the war as one that will end with a side surrendering. He sees is as one side exterminating the other.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

Orlock is the leader the Helghast need. Stahl is the leader they deserve. :smith:

Stahl is the Joker, but does that mean Sev is the Batman?

Orlock is the Penguin, of course.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

VKing posted:

So, why'd those cruisers not blow the hell out of that MAWLR?
Sure it's stupid huge as gently caress but it's not space cruiser huge. Where's all the firepower from the Killzone 2 intro gone? Was Templar the only person who knew how the guns worked? Job security reasons, perhaps?

Also, those loving Intruders. Who thought those was a good idea (both in-universe and out)?

What kind of weaponry do the cruisers even have, and could they put a dent in those MAWLRs? The way they are described in wikia(s) seem to indicate that its main weapon is the same as what powers the engines? It also states that it can go from combat operations in space to a support role in atmosphere.

I would imagine that, given its support role, it doesn't have much in the way of offensive firepower in that mode.

:shrug:

As for the intruders, those are just worse LCA (Landing Craft, Assault) ships. They aren't stepped in any way, and the railing provides little more than something to hold on to while your vessel performs all kinds of maneuvers.

And its not so much that LCAs and Intruders are both flimsy and vulnerable, but rather that the Intruder offers absolutely no protection to its crew or passengers whether its from the planet or its inhabitants.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

VKing posted:

Yea at least those couldn't do barrel rolls and loops.

They have these giant batteries of high-g, space-battle range missiles, for one.
https://youtu.be/zGy6SEEXcJA?t=119
https://youtu.be/QbZwebZSfYI?t=223
Sure they might be out of missiles at this point, but it still feels absurd that they'd just sit there taking shots. No CIWS guns? No kinds of cannon, nothing that can mess up the lightning projector or its targeting systems or anything?

If they are out of heavy munitions (Or whatever they need for the main weaponry) its doubtful that any secondary weapons would be able to accurately hit anything from the distances between the cruisers and the Helghast weapons.

I can't remember if its sometime in KZ2 or this game but the cruisers do have turrets in order to shoot down/fight back against enemy fighters/small vessels, but none of them are or would be of a large enough caliber to mess with those lightning projectors.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

FoolyCharged posted:

Like the fact that Rico is :airquote:On their side:airquote:?

The next chapter might actually provide video and photographic evidence of Rico betraying us as he takes one of our team's members out. Or... wait, not the next chapter. But its coming...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"If I LP'ed It: The True Blind Sally Story"

also, my audio is like... 2 seconds in advance and I talk over Crow a few times as a result :(

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Aug 5, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

Jobbo_Fett: The Worst at Audio

But... but I'm not the one editing anything :confused:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

Are you sure? The audio tracks lined up great on my end and I spent a lot of time on that audio. We were three assholes yapping over a video game, we honestly just naturally talked over each other at times. (I mean, if it is out of sync a couple of times, I didn't notice it so I'm not going to sweat it).

22:51 i say the mediocre gif thing and there's about 4 seconds between it ending and you laughing.

24:58 I make a sergeant at arms reference and 4 seconds later you ask, who?

I'm sorry :(

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blind Sally posted:

hey, here's the next update. some fun things happened in it. i stayed up too late editing it and now i'm too tired to write-up the post that goes along with it. i'll work on that later, but it's been a few weeks since the last video, so please enjoy crow's meltdown while you wait!

oh, and there were some technical problems in the recording of this video. uh. you'll see what i mean.

The video was awesome to record because of the technical problems :allears:

For the record, Blind Sally's mic randomly started to fade out about half-way through the video.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 28, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAGVw5UIyxk&t=155s

Yes, its KZ2 but they polished that work for KZ3

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fish Noise posted:

Hold on, so you basically inadvertently Off-World Interceptor Extreme'd your own LP?

Basically, yes. And then he died 3/4's of the way into the video.

RIP his soul

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
W.A.S.P.
Winter Approaches Silent Protagonist
Weaponized Anger Sent Posthaste
Wagner's Avant-garde Silent Performance (Silent but Deadly)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You know, putting Haka in the top 5 isn't too hard when there are only 9 or so characters in the entire series.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
No Radec?

Voted 1

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*Eagerly waiting for Crow to ask me if I'd like to supersize that*

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You lost 5 Guys in that cutscene, now where will you get delicious burgers at low prices?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

:golfclap:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

Congratulations to Nuramor on winning the WASP acronym contest. Enjoy your new avatar to replace that ugly baby one car of Jobbo_Fett!

Too late! The offer expired yesterday :grin:

Nuramor doesn't have Plat. Lame.

Crow never goes through with these, what a jerk!

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Nuramor should get in touch with me on Twitter or Steam[Jobbo_Fett] or something...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So if those containers were filled with Killzone games and they were exploding and such, would that mean they were Volatile Games?

• Locked thread