Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Definitely sad Hooper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

There's been some posts in the past about how some of the Killzone weapons are based on real ones, but I was looking at the HS Produkt VHS-2 assault rifle out of Croatia and it looks pretty Helghan itself:

Even better, this rifle was made after Killzone 3.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lazy Bear posted:

Maybe it's me, but bullpup rifles always seem like they'd be really awkward to handle. I mean, I understand the theoretical benefits, but... I dunno, magazine out front just looks more right.

There are pluses and minuses. The big reason they were created is that having the barrel go so far back into the gun allows for you to get a really long barrel length (meaning better accuracy and power) with a shorter external barrel length, basically a carbine with the power and accuracy of a full-size rifle. That's about the only positive, though. They're back-heavy, obviously, and more awkward to reload without a lot of practice. Only a few bullpups are left-hand friendly because you need to design the gun from the ground up to be ambidextrous, as traditional rifles can easily be shot left-handed with only minor problems but a bullpup will spit hot casings directly into your face if you try that; a good example of an ambidextrous Bullpup is the FN F2000, which pushes the casings down a chute so they fall out the front of the rifle and has a dial-like fire selector near the trigger.

In the list of Killzone guns based on real ones, the ISA assault rifle looks a lot like a British L85:

The shotgun is a SPAS-12:

The Helghast SMG is a Soviet PP-19 Bizon:

The ISA light machine gun is an FN Minimi, famously used as the M249 SAW in the United States:

And in keeping with the Nazi-esque imagery, the Helghast machine gun is a nearly unmodified MG 42:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

White Coke posted:

Wait a second, Trump hasn't won yet.

Oh really?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

White Coke posted:

In retrospect Stahl never had a chance of becoming Autarch of Craftworld Helgan. He was trapped of the Path of Corporate Douchebaggery while Orlock had clearly mastered several War Aspects and was thus much more suited to take up the Path of Command.

I dunno, last time someone took the Path of Corporate Douchebaggery they became president.

• Locked thread