Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was the biggest war criminal of Killzone 2?
Rico
Sev
Visari
Blind Sally
Killzone 1
Crow, update PoP2008
View Results

• Locked thread
Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
Just want to say, I love that one or two of the guys on the Helghast senate have the giant muttonchops/mustache look going on. I can't for the life of me remember what that's called, but I just love it. That, and the one guy with the oxygen-tank nose plug.

Also, who the heck was that one guy Stahl was making eyes at at the end of that cut scene? I assume he'll be important later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

But good on you for catching that, it's gonna be important to an extent in the relative future.

I wouldn't exactly call it an impressive deduction. I mean, the camera lingered on the guy for a few seconds - way too long to just be "reaction from random senator."

RE: Orlock v. Stahl on tactics

I want to say that Orlock might be more in the mold of "officer and a gentleman" - there's a proper way to fight a war, and that's head-on, in the open, with both parties fully aware of the other. As much as he intends to wipe out the ISA, he wants to give them a chance to die with some dignity.

Stahl, on the other hand, is all about results. Doesn't matter what methods you use - lies, tricks, nuclear/chemical/bio-weapons - as long as it leads to victory, it's acceptable.

Orlock is the kind of guy who'd punch you in the face if you insult him at a bar; Stahl's the kind who'll follow you into the restroom and bash your head against the wall while your fly's down.

But this is all just based on what we've seen so far, so I could be totally wrong.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

JamieTheD posted:

I think what we're looking at here, with Orlock, is Prussian. He has a duelling scar, and is somewhat proud of it (a "Schmisse".) He is very much a fan of conventional tactics, traditional values, and likes his victories certain. Meanwhile, Stahl is... More pragmatic. One might say "Ahead of the times."

...Or, y'know, we could just get the :godwin: out the way right god-drat now.

Wow, I totally missed that. Huh.

As for the second thing, didn't we push that way, way back at the beginning of the first game? I mean, has there ever been any doubt that the general plot-outline of Killzone has always been "World War II IN SPACE"?

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
First, a quick and minor correction:

It's five months and change, Sally, not six. If it were a little over six months, we'd be past the beginning of the game.

Back to the game. I think I have a new Most Interesting Senator. Forget Sen.s Creepy Pedo and Hitler-Vape, I want to know more about the random guy with the actual Hitler-stache. I mean, how ballsy is this guy? Every other Helghast is tip-toeing around the Nazi imagery, but this guys just says "gently caress it" and goes all-in.

Also, I kinda love how this series has now gone from "WWII IN SPACE" (the invasion of Vekta could be viewed as the invasion of France, with the arrival of the Earth forces being like D-Day) to "Vietnam IN SPACE." We have the sneaking through the jungle, the terrible morale, and to top it off, the people in charge back home deciding to give up on the whole war effort. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but if so, good work, Guerrilla.

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

gyrobot posted:

Meanwhile Helghast is united enough to not sell each other out. So why did Vekta's elite sold their own out? Is it proof that Vekta never could win the war in the first place?

I think it's proof that Vekta isn't as pure and noble as would be expected from the player-faction in a game like this. The Helghast are just as corrupt, but their society is set up in such a way that corruption is encouraged - how else do you explain a guy like Stahl (who is not an elected official, but a businessman) being so involved with the senate?

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
Okay, so if Stahl is Trump, Orlock is Hillary, and random Stahl officer is Pence (and Sen. Hitler-vape is probably Kaine), who is Bernie in this analogy?

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, wouldn't Sen. Pedophile be Stahl's Pence? Maybe I'm putting too much thought into this.

Apep727 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 17, 2016

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016
Well, that certainly was a... thing. I mean holy poo poo, what a way to end a game.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone else imagine that, rather than doing whatever their assigned task was, Hooper and Jammer were just off having "we're probably about to die" sex in some broom closet on the space station? Because that's totally what I'm imagining they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apep727
Jun 18, 2016

mandatory lesbian posted:

i dont imagine videogame characters having sex, cause i'm normal

I'm not imagining them having sex, just that that's what they were doing while Sev, Rico, and Narville were off doing the whole "save the world" thing.

I mean, we've pretty much established that Hooper is probably the biggest unsung hero of the whole series thus far. He's the Wedge of the franchise - not important enough to be a main character, but he's still in the periphery whenever stuff's going on. And he's managed to survive all this stuff without the protection of MC shields. If anyone's the real hero here, it's him.

• Locked thread