Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GT Special posted:

Update time! So with the entire front end out of the car, I had no excuse to not clean up the wheel wells. The factory undercoating was peeling off and the seam seal was coming off in chunks. So armed with a grinder, and a pack of wire wheels, I went to work. They started off looking like this

After at least a few hours they cleaned up to this

Wire wheel on a grinder worked really well I found. For the tough to reach spots I used a grinder with a small wire wheel. Worked great. I brought the seams down to bare metal, everywhere else I stripped down to factory paint. A heads up to anyone thinking of doing this, it is not a fun job, nor a clean one

And that was only 20 minutes in. Face shield/dust mask/safety glasses a definite must doing a job like this. At the end I was covered in black dust and had pieces of wire wheel stuck all over my body. After giving everything a thorough cleaning and a final wipe with acetone, I applied fresh seam sealer on all the seams. Let it cure for a couple days then hit it all with undercoat.

I'm really happy with how it turned out. I didn't bother stripping/cleaning/painting the parts covered by the wheel well liner cause it was all still intact and in good shape, and well, I'll never see it. It always bugged me how lovely the wheel wells looked on the car whenever it was all cleaned up. This will really make a difference I think.

COMING UP NEXT

Parts will start going back on the car! Rusty brake components will be replaced with shiny new pieces! And I'll fix my completely botched, lovely, surprised-it-hasn't-made-the-car-burn-to-the-ground-yet fuel system!

Did the same exact thing on my Nova. Messy as all gently caress but it looks great once you get the paint on. I totally forgot about this thread. I'll have to go catch up :toot:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread