Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

From his review of Atlas Shrugged:

"There is also a love scene, which is shown not merely from the waist up but from the ears up. The man keeps his shirt on. This may be disappointing for libertarians, who I believe enjoy rumpy-pumpy as much as anyone."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ebert would usually go easy on a movie if it had a lot of tits and wasn't outright awful.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Can't hate that I guess.

Pink Flamingos is a loving masterpiece though.

I'm waiting on it from Netflix. I'm a John Waters virgin.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

a retard posted:

he also wrote a book about crockpots for some reason

Rice cookers. It's actually a nice little book. I use the hell out of mine now.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Clifford is a terrible movie. At least Freddie Got Fingered has the Dadaist aspect going for it.

HALLOWEEN CINE D

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ebert championed a lot of great overlooked movies like The Fall, Dark City, and Herzog's Bad Lieutenant.

fyodor posted:

Clifford is so obviously great what the hell man. He didn't like that Kubrick vietnam movie none neither lol.

2 1/2 stars isn't bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Ebert was often lenient on indie stuff while harder on studio garbage like Armageddon.

• Locked thread