Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Welcome to hell, where you have to act in costume as one of your movie characters forever.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

chaosbreather posted:

Welcome to hell, where you have to act in costume as one of your movie characters forever.

Even worse for James Doohan, he has to wear those stupid rear end uniforms from the first movie.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

It's weird because I was in the car with my mother who was listening to the audio book of Odd Thomas when I found out he had died, kinda weird how these things work!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Butyraceous posted:

It's weird because I was in the car with my mother who was listening to the audio book of Odd Thomas when I found out he had died, kinda weird how these things work!

Not weird, odd

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
O'Brien strikes again.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
He didn't get to watch the Battle of the Bastards. :sad:

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
So had his car been fixed before this?

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Butyraceous posted:

Odd Thomas...

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

http://jalopnik.com/anton-yelchins-jeep-was-included-in-rollaway-recall-lin-1782277820

quote:

The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that the car that rolled into and killed Star Trek actor Anton Yelchin was a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee, a model that Fiat Chrysler recently recalled after its unconventional gear shifter led to several documented rollaway accidents.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/20/anton-yelchin-recall-repair-not-done/

quote:

Anton Yelchin's Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo never got the fix that very likely could have saved his life ... TMZ has learned.

According to NHTSA docs, obtained by TMZ, the recall on Yelchin's SUV had not been addressed -- meaning he was susceptible to the PARK problem with the shifter.

Oh dear.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

zenintrude posted:

Not weird, odd

gently caress I missed a golden opportunity right there

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax
Outraged natives, fearing they'll feel the backlash, call for the namechange - Jeep Grand Cowboy.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bill Barber posted:

cool fake story. any regular human being can easily move a car in neutral.
incline bro

poo poo here ain't flat like those god awful flyover states or urban hellscapes

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Apparently the car had a recall out because when you put it in park it would actually still be in neutral and that particular Jeep hadn't gotten serviced yet.

Dunno if that is what happened but you know he was run over by his own car.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

quote:

meaning he was susceptible to the PARK problem with the shifter.
The recall notice went out on May 14, 2016 ... and says, "Drivers may inadvertently fail to achieve the PARK position before exiting."

Why did they capitalize "park"? This makes me unreasonably angry. Do these people THINK park is an acronym or are they JUST stupid like people who write PERL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Murdered by a Chrysler product.

That's the way I want to go.

• Locked thread