Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I pretty much hate everyone at the premiere. Everyone is amped up and your only exposure to them is in the DR when they have their "characters" on and in the Day 1 gaming which is always really stupid and has literally only worked out once. It just highlights the people who come into the house thinking they're masterminds or stars or just the people desperately trying not to drown.

Over time they chill out and their characters give way to who they are. They can put on a show in the DR but most of them turn into semi normal people the rest of the time.

Like, Glenn seemed affable and even tempered but that end kind of suggested he's holding back his inner Bronx rear end in a top hat and I have the feeling he's gonna quickly rub people wrong.
Bronte seemed terrible on first pass but she seemed to mellow and blend better as the episode went on and I get the feeling she'll be fine.
Paulie has the same obnoxious DR character as his brother but if the Cody similarities continue he'll be charming and well liked in the house.
Paul seems like he's just way too "on". If he can chill he might be fine but he seems to be having too much fun imagining himself as the big gamer so I think he's already too far gone.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like you won't be able to watch the show on the CBS website, as you have in years past. Or are the episodes just not up yet?

I tried to watch, and it said I had to be a member of CBS all access, whatever that is.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The episode will go up within the next 6-8 hours or so. Not sure if it'll require CBS All Access or not, which is their $6 per month streaming service.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
No matter what I will always hate Bronte based on her stupid loving name.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I pretty much dislike Paul and his whole team. Paul seems to be having an internal competition on how many things you can say that get back to the HoH.

Victor is trying so hard that it will be rewarding if the women shut him down.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

No matter what I will always hate Bronte based on her stupid loving name.

well its not like she got to pick it

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Paul is a douche and Mama J is kinda stuck with him at the moment. I really hope she starts a coup within the other teams to bounce him. That said, Mama J is in no good position either if she can't hold the :nono: fireworks together for longer than 10 days.

I cannot have a cutie patootie like Nicole get bounced this early but she still has a defeatist attitude when she loses :( Cory is a meathead and the dog groomer is an old slug but he was right about the sandcastle puzzle however no one wanted to own any authoritative position and that's a weakness in Nicole to step up and be a confident figure and rally her team.

Outside of James and Frank, the returns are on the weak side and each have teammates more than willing to send their poo poo packing even as a detriment although Frank only has to worry about that right now.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jun 23, 2016

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Stupid double post...

The audience was kind of coached to vaudeville "ooooo" and "ahhhhh" Julie's lines weren't they?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I dunno who might showmance... but I think Victor's "Rico Suave" routine will fall upon many deaf female ears and be met with CBS added 'record scratch' sound cues.

I predict Tiffani's non disclosure about being Vanessa 2.0 will haunt her while Cody 2.0 will be a benefit. Tiff missed an opportunity to come clean there and it's not like the other hamsters aren't on that trail. Mama J sniffed out the twins almost immediately and she dialed in on the Russo Ruse too.

I'm kinda rooting of the middle of the pack peeps. I like the bubbly traveling nurse but she could be just another "too soon" Helen. I also like the Nicole doppelganger... Michelle? (I'm gonna screw up names for at least another week).

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Robnoxious posted:

Mama J

[...]

(I'm gonna screw up names for at least another week).

Da'Vonne has very few Js also.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SweetJahasus posted:

Da'Vonne has very few Js also.
Isn't that what they nicknamed her last season?
Or have they been saying Mama Day for two loving years?

Sounded like J to me (like via her last name?)
Again, it could be a 'Q' for all I know.

I'm still trying to remember who Nicole was all fixated on her season.
Some surfer putz that might as well have been Frank but wasn't.

No one pays a lick of attention to what I post anyways so it really doesn't matter.
I'm West Coast and the dust and chimes have far been settled before my 2 cents appear.
Let's move on.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 23, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Robnoxious posted:

Stupid double post...

The audience was kind of coached to vaudeville "ooooo" and "ahhhhh" Julie's lines weren't they?

The audience is usually CBS employees when it's not aired live, so yes, they were coached.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Robnoxious posted:

I'm still trying to remember who Nicole was all fixated on her season.
Some surfer putz that might as well have been Frank but wasn't.

Hayden, and they were together for quite a while outside of the house, after the show, as well. One of the few showmances (ugh) that I was kinda rooting for.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's Mama Da'.

I don't pay attention to these people between seasons but I thought I saw Nicole and Hayden were still together until very recently. I guess you can't knock a year and a half for a showmance.

I'm not prepared to cal Da' a genius for spotting Tiffany. Like, I imagine they crossed paths before at a wrap party or something. That's why it seemed so weird that Tiffany wouldn't say anything. Besides the fact that you couldn't be more like your sister if you died your hair and put on a beanie there's theres two people there who have spent time with your sister, ran in the same circles, looked at family photos or on Twitter. I assume that's why Paulie gave himself up so quickly after realzing Nicole was there. Da's is smart but I'm less impressed she realized than questioning why James didn't.

I don't really question why James didn't. It's James, the guy who was still listening to Aubry last season.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I was hoping Da'vonne was going to be the first one evicted. Her lack of social skills was a huge flaw the first time around, and it seems like she hasn't learned much since. She is worse than Lawon at this game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
How can anyone not love Da'vonne, she overplays so hard, and is so smug, she makes for great TV and interesting feeds.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hey don't be mean to my boy James, he almost got to 3rd base on the very first episode.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Wait. I missed the premiere episode but looking at the cast list online it looks like all new players. What am I missing here?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tide posted:

Wait. I missed the premiere episode but looking at the cast list online it looks like all new players. What am I missing here?

James the asian cowboy
Momma Da'vonne
Nicole with the glasses
and Sid Vicious' son Frank

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I feel like it's gonna be real awkward when you are the Category Four team when you end up with 3 people in the team.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Are any big brother couples still together?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Brendan and Rachel, they just had a young 'un earlier this year.

Jeff and Jordan, who are engaged and will probably shill their wedding through CBS.

There's another, Evel Dick's daughter, maybe?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brendan and Rachel just had a kid. Jeff and Jordan are married and expecting. Danielle Donato and Dominic have been married for a couple of years. I think that's it. I think Liz/Austin and Hayden/Nicole were together until recently but really don't know for sure.

I hate myself for knowing this much.

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008
For the record, Bronte does not represent how mathematicians talk. Not her voice or anything like that -- but the constant references to math in the real world :rolleyes:

Also, SQUEEEEE it's back on you guys!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm a mathematician, I can totally count to 12 and know there should be more players because I do MATH

SharpenedSpoonv2
Aug 28, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm a mathematician, I can totally count to 12 and know there should be more players because I do MATH
I see 12 people sitting around and I compute the prime numbers, take the derivative, and realize we're missing 4!

:psyduck:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Wait...wait...yes, 16 people in the house.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 23, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

Brendan and Rachel just had a kid.

Adora Borealis.

Adora Borealis.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

violetdragon posted:

He'll be good the way Caleb was good.

Edit: Do they vet these people at all? http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/06/big-brother-corey-brooks-gay-slurs/

I dunno. Obviously it's lovely things to say. But I hardly would call it as a "gay slur."

At least nothing is really homophobic or anti gay. It's just like, "hey this is something a gay would do."

Also, we have come A LONG way on what is not okay to say in 4 years as far as being politically correct.

I don't see him being an interesting player really, but not going to completely destroy the guy for those tweets.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm on the fence about investing the time to watch BB this year. How was the premiere?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

blue squares posted:

I'm on the fence about investing the time to watch BB this year. How was the premiere?

I liked it. I think the format twist is interesting and novel, although the evictee/HoH twist, I'm not so sure about. Still, it's a hell of a step up from BotB and there are only two or three cast members I want to see die in a fire.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

Too early too tell for me, I think tonights episode will determine the answer for me...

lol jk im gonna watch the poo poo out of this and follow hamsterwatch/Jokersupdate/STACgoat all summer no matter how poo poo it is

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I dunno. Obviously it's lovely things to say. But I hardly would call it as a "gay slur."

At least nothing is really homophobic or anti gay. It's just like, "hey this is something a gay would do."

Also, we have come A LONG way on what is not okay to say in 4 years as far as being politically correct.

I don't see him being an interesting player really, but not going to completely destroy the guy for those tweets.

I think its safe to say that "f*ggot" is a slur. I think using loaded slurs casually is actually a pretty big problem in and of itself.

I also think its reasonable (or at least kind) to say that those comments are like four or five years old and firmly in the "stupid kid" window so its possible he's grown as a person since then. It would be cool for him to apologize and clarify when he comes out but since he can't answer for those comments right now I'll judge him on what he does in that house.

Somewhat similarly Michelle is taking some heat online for apparently being very "fat hating" online. I kind of got that vibe when she made the wear comment of "I hate it when someone doesn't think they have a weight problem" and it sounds like she might be the kind of person who yells at overweight people on the street. I doubt it will make many waves online but it probably is a clue as to how she deals with conflict and people with different ideas in a tough situation. But we'll just have to wait and see.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

STAC Goat posted:

I think its safe to say that "f*ggot" is a slur. I think using loaded slurs casually is actually a pretty big problem in and of itself.

I also think its reasonable (or at least kind) to say that those comments are like four or five years old and firmly in the "stupid kid" window so its possible he's grown as a person since then. It would be cool for him to apologize and clarify when he comes out but since he can't answer for those comments right now I'll judge him on what he does in that house.

Somewhat similarly Michelle is taking some heat online for apparently being very "fat hating" online. I kind of got that vibe when she made the wear comment of "I hate it when someone doesn't think they have a weight problem" and it sounds like she might be the kind of person who yells at overweight people on the street. I doubt it will make many waves online but it probably is a clue as to how she deals with conflict and people with different ideas in a tough situation. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Michelle's hate comes from reddit, so it's hard to tell.

Eb
May 6, 2003
I certainly think the guy should be kicked out of the house for saying human being in a tweet four years ago. Ideally everyone on reality TV should be bland and generic with no opinions or personality. DO THEY EVEN VET THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE?!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Eb posted:

I certainly think the guy should be kicked out of the house for saying human being in a tweet four years ago. Ideally everyone on reality TV should be bland and generic with no opinions or personality. DO THEY EVEN VET THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE?!

You can be interesting, unique and have opinions and personality without using homophobic slurs, but the rest your your point stands, and I won't hate on the guy for saying stupid poo poo on the internet 4 years ago

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think anyone said he should be booted out, and like I said I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he does or says something more timely or consistent. Otherwise we're just mad at a 21-year-old Texan kid for being an ignorant idiot, and that kid might not even exist anymore.

But If you go on a TV show seeking fame and fortune by doing absolutely nothing but putting on a show for the cameras, than you don't really get to complain about people forming opinions and judging your actions. And hey, news flash. Lots of people don't like slurs.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Anyway, I find the selection of new players quite disappointing. Can't see any real big game players amongst the men. Maybe more potential with the girls but nothing super interesting. I guess we don't know their entire potential yet tho so there could be hope.

And hopefully old Frank will stick around for a while, Category 4 (why did they pick that name again?) is certainly my favorite team and boy is Big Sister a trainwreck.

Edit: I can't believe Frank is just 32.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Eh, I think Cody Corey Paulie is out for blood. Sibling rivalry is a hell of a motivator. I'm also piqued at what Frank can pull off. Jozea might be fun once that trio of idiots implodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The biggest question coming out of the premier for Shakezula and I was wether or not the nurse is half Asian.

I'm pretty sure she is.

• Locked thread