Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
...because it matters?

This cast is even more LA than Survivor, and LA is such a mixed racial bag it's best not to ask too many questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eb
May 6, 2003
Of course it matters, we have a quota to fill!

I thought half Asian as soon as I saw her, but I'm not 100% sure why.

Was it confirmed that Jozea is the gay one? They had me for a tad with the "I hate gays" guy dreamy music bit, which would have been funny, but then he was just looking for a bromance so I guess not.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Eb posted:

Was it confirmed that Jozea is the gay one? They had me for a tad with the "I hate gays" guy dreamy music bit, which would have been funny, but then he was just looking for a bromance so I guess not.

Doesn't matter, he disrespected Julie so he's not long for this game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Eb posted:

I thought half Asian as soon as I saw her, but I'm not 100% sure why.

As opposed to 100% Asian or not Asian at all? Shes asian as gently caress

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ShakeZula posted:

Doesn't matter, he disrespected Julie so he's not long for this game.

Wait, what?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You missed him talking poo poo about Julie? He's dead, dead man walking.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I did. Spill.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We basically never saw Nicole lie or try to be sneaky in her season and it turns out she's adorably awful at it!

But Corey is apparently as dumb as he looks!

And Tiffany IS Vanessa.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This challenge was clearly designed to stump Glenn

rafington
Aug 21, 2008

Julie said someone would hit the road on the second day, and Jozea said Julie could hit the road.

STAC Goat posted:

We basically never saw Nicole lie or try to be sneaky in her season and it turns out she's adorably awful at it!

And Tiffany IS Vanessa.

Yeah that seemed super heavy handed but it was fun watching her do it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

This challenge was clearly designed to stump Glenn

In fairness a lot of physical challenges are going to stump an overweight 50 year old.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Yay Nicole!

STAC Goat posted:

And Tiffany IS Vanessa.

That conversation was super dumb.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole!

I'm cool with any of the newbies going. The dudes seem boring and dumb and as much as I want to like Tiffany I had a little Vanessa fatigue flashback at that crying episode. It may be too soon.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Pretty thrilled with the result since Corey seems like he might actually be a good player and Glenn wasn't long for the game anyways.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It turns out that Paul being mad and vulnerable makes me happy.

I'm not a big fan of the quick eviction but, yeah, Glenn seemed like the obvious odd man out so it probably worked out as well as it could.

A Nicole HOH is huge since it keeps them from going the boring "vote out the vets" route and will give everyone more room to game.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

I've heard about this "negging" that Victor's trying. I hope it works out!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Victor. Jesus.

This is not boding well for the level of gameplay this season.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Haha, holy poo poo that Have-Not room!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jesus, Josea.

These people are idiots.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
"I'm good in the brain," then proceeds to tell a vet that he's targeting the vets and that he wants the current HOH out first.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The newbies are handing the game to you, Nicole, don't go putting up allies as pawns in week 1.

rafington posted:

"I'm good in the brain," then proceeds to tell a vet that he's targeting the vets and that he wants the current HOH out first.

I really hope he goes home first and his lasting BB legacy is "Im the messiah. I'm good in the brain." I don't want this guy to have a chance to make us forget.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

rafington posted:

Pretty Trumpian

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
"I'm worried that Zakiyah would be voted out instead of Jozea," so instead put Jozea up against a big target and leave a guaranteed vote to save Jozea off the block. What?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, Nicole. Jocasta wants a word with you.

Jozea is very bad in the brain.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Glenn did really well in that comp. I thought it would kill him, but he was really close.

Josea and Victor are really dumb...

Nicole's nominations are questionable, I have to think Paul is the backup nomination in case Josea comes down, but what if Paul wins veto and pulls down Josea? Come on Nicole. Paulie was dead on that the worst thing can and often does happen.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Paul and Josea are a Frankie Grande type of insufferable annoyance that may really make this a bad season if they don't go soon. BB16 at least had some amazing personalities to outweigh him while I don't see a Zach or a BMC in this cast.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like, I hesitate to absolutely rip into the Paulie nom because (a) we have absolutely no idea what Paulie's position in the house is and its entirely possible he's the safest pawn there and (b) we have absolutely no idea if the vets trust him at all since from their perspective it would be easy to remember that Cody was a snake and think Paulie is playing both sides of the house.

And ultimately I always blame the pawn for agreeing because the God's honest truth is he's up there because he's expendable. There's a reason Nicole wasn't talking about Frank or James playing POV. On some level she's fine losing you, Paulie. You should remember that going forward.

And to be totally fair its easy to forget that the options are limited. By my count its Jozea, Paul, Zakiyah, Bridgette, Michelle, and Paulie. So I guess she didn't want a girl up there playing POV but that still leaves Paul.

But Nicole did this once already with Jocasta and it bit her in the rear end. You're a vet. Don't make the same mistakes twice. Maybe you don't trust Paulie, I don't know. But there's like half a dozen other people out there who are ostensibly coming for you and I assume haven't talked more game with you than Paulie. So risk one of them because its Week 1 and you're outnumbered, so ditch this conservative "don't want to upset anyone" game. You don't have that luxury this time around.

So yeah. I don't have enough information to totally fairly judge this, but Nicole lost the benefit of the doubt when Jocasta went home. Learn from your mistakes.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 24, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Why is Nicole so dumb?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Genetics and the public school system?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its because she idolizes Dan Gheesling and is dead set on a "way" to play the game "safe".

And she has a pile of reasons on paper why Paulie "should" be safe. He's (probably) well liked, his team (probably) wouldn't vote him out, Jozea seems like an absolute easy target, you have the votes on paper (Freakazoids, Category 4, and Vets).

But you can't play these games with a set plan or a strategy, you have to be able to adapt and react. Nicole has sadly never shown that ability. You started behind the 8-ball in this one and you can't afford to play safe. So why are you using the same strategy you had last time around? Its a new game and it didn't work then either.

Although lets share the blame. Frank, Day, and James were clearly all on board and urging Paulie too.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 24, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Eb posted:

I certainly think the guy should be kicked out of the house for saying human being in a tweet four years ago. Ideally everyone on reality TV should be bland and generic with no opinions or personality. DO THEY EVEN VET THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE?!

The past few years BB has had a bit of a problem looking bad for picking either racist or homophobic people. BB15 was a disaster. I think there were issues in BB16 also? Last year, several HGs were hyper aware of being careful about what they said in the house. With the way the world/internet is right now, you'd think BB would at least have a scroll through HGs Twitter feeds.

I don't hate him and want him to die forever. It just seems like maybe CBS should have a peak at their social media and get that stuff deleted before announcing the cast.

F**got is absolutely a terrible slur, by the way, and it was gross to say "you'd know about taking it the hard way. F*g." even 4 years ago and as a teen.

STAC Goat posted:

Somewhat similarly Michelle is taking some heat online for apparently being very "fat hating" online. I kind of got that vibe when she made the wear comment of "I hate it when someone doesn't think they have a weight problem" and it sounds like she might be the kind of person who yells at overweight people on the street. I doubt it will make many waves online but it probably is a clue as to how she deals with conflict and people with different ideas in a tough situation. But we'll just have to wait and see.

From her introduction video, it seems like Michelle is the type of person to go to a party and whine about people eating pizza and drinking beer.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

violetdragon posted:

The past few years BB has had a bit of a problem looking bad for picking either racist or homophobic people. BB15 was a disaster. I think there were issues in BB16 also?
Not really. At least not in the BB15 way. Caleb was probably the least self aware person on the planet, said a few things. and took heat for the stalking stuff, but he ended up being a fan favorite by the end of the season. Frankie and Christine were really the hated ones because they were really nasty together and they each had the bonus of Christine's Cody relationship and Frankie's general Frankieness. From what I can tell Christine still gets a lot of heat for her behavior. But otherwise it was a pretty pleasant cast and they were probably more aware than last season's crew (Jeff and James were really gross last season and Jason did little else but poo poo talk people and basically spent his last few days calling people "cunts").

Nicole even freaked out when she found out who Frankie's sister was because she was worried about the fan backlash for her going after Frankie. And I don't think she ever said much of anything about the guy.

The thing that really made BB15 what it was that everyone was nasty which I mostly chalk up to Aaryn and Amanda being the most dominating personalities in that house. I've seen Spencer talk about how much he regrets his behavior and how much he just lost himself in the atmosphere and messed up his life. That was just a toxic house.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

Not really. At least not in the BB15 way. Caleb was probably the least self aware person on the planet, said a few things. and took heat for the stalking stuff, but he ended up being a fan favorite by the end of the season. Frankie and Christine were really the hated ones because they were really nasty together and they each had the bonus of Christine's Cody relationship and Frankie's general Frankieness. From what I can tell Christine still gets a lot of heat for her behavior. But otherwise it was a pretty pleasant cast and they were probably more aware than last season's crew (Jeff and James were really gross last season and Jason did little else but poo poo talk people and basically spent his last few days calling people "cunts").

Nicole even freaked out when she found out who Frankie's sister was because she was worried about the fan backlash for her going after Frankie. And I don't think she ever said much of anything about the guy.

The thing that really made BB15 what it was that everyone was nasty which I mostly chalk up to Aaryn and Amanda being the most dominating personalities in that house. I've seen Spencer talk about how much he regrets his behavior and how much he just lost himself in the atmosphere and messed up his life. That was just a toxic house.

Ahh, ok. The seasons start to melt together in my head.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Nicole even freaked out when

Water wet, sky blue

She freaks out pretty much when she breathes

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Dang Nicole, week 1 isn't the time for pawns.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Eltoasto posted:

Dang Nicole, week 1 isn't the time for pawns.

Even better, pawns aren't needed when you have prime pick of over half a dozen people to put on the block, regardless of the week. Mind-blowingly bad gameplay in episode 2. Just great.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ToastyPotato posted:

Even better, pawns aren't needed when you have prime pick of over half a dozen people to put on the block, regardless of the week. Mind-blowingly bad gameplay in episode 2. Just great.

Right. I feel like if she had explored the 2nd nom even a little bit, someone would have divulged all the poo poo Paul has been saying. Instead she got one target and focused entirely on them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think she was trying to avoid having Paul left seeking revenge. It just seems silly considering Paul is already gunning for the vets and you assume one of their newbie allies let them in on that.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I didn't watch live for both episodes, so I typed this up while watching Wednesday's. I watched all of the tv intros, then went back and watched all of their interviews on the website before watching the rest of the episode. Some of them are really different from how the show portrayed them.

Natalie – Humble, so humble. I don’t have much of an opinion on her, I don’t really like her but compared to the other women she’s more middle of the pack.
Paulie - I didn’t watch 16 so I don’t know who Cody is. The show didn’t mention it but he also owns an entertainment company, according to his interview, so he’s the ultimate bro. He doesn’t seem to bother me as much as most bros do, though. For now. Talking about his family won me over a little. Oh wait you’re a jersey boy who likes the Patriots nevermind.
Bronte – Jesus A Christ. If you’re a “mathematician” who can’t do even basic math in your head and need a calculator for everything, you’re not really a mathematician. STOP TALKING ABOUT MATH OMFG. Her strategy is to use “behavioral science”, she’s only seen one and a half seasons. I’m not going to be able to handle her at all.
Victor – We get it dude, you like putting your penis in vaginas. His bio mentions it being difficult to not know what’s going on in the presidential race. But it also mentions still keeping his stuffed Elmo with him <3 I’m not normally into muscular guys but ugh Puerto Ricans. I would definitely sleep with him and partially regret it.
Zakiyah – BB really seems to go for the stereotypical fierce black women. She actually seems pretty chill in her interview, I like her.
Corey – One of his favorite activities is “getting sick bro pics” and he would bring a “samurai sword, so everyone knows who the boss is.” The sleepwalking will be interesting. He seems incredibly dull.
Glenn – Love this dude. I think he’ll go pretty far but not win, like most “older” guys, unless there's some sort of twist that screws him, which is probably what will happen. He likes Frankie Grande though.
Bridgette – Like her a lot.
Jozea – What would you take to the house? “I’d take my body to win the physical challenges, my mind to be smart to win the show, and my clothes to have something to wear.” I think that says it all. What’s with all the name tattoos this season?
Michelle – Nope. Though she seemed a bit better in her interview.
Paul – Helllll yes. Victor doesn’t even exist with Paul around. I have a feeling this is going to be an unpopular opinion.
Tiffany – Loved Vanessa so. Her voice sounds just like hers, which I also like.

I think I hate Bronte the most, I cringe every time they show her.

Thoughts during the first episode:
Dude Michelle you’re nothing like Paul wtf.
“Boogey down Bronx” has quickly become something I hate hearing.
Are we sure Tiffany isn’t actually Vanessa?
…. Solve our security issues with prime numbers?
LOL the love music with Corey talking about Victor.
Yes Bronte being a mathematician is how you know there are guests missing.
I don’t know who Nicole is since I didn’t watch 16. I wasn’t a fan of James or Da’Vonne. I think I watched 14 but this Frank person doesn’t look familiar at all.
Jozea just seems like a really terrible person.
Paul’s team sucks.
So of course they’re have nots.
Competition: Uh Day what were you expecting from Paul? It’s not like he hid his personality from you.
Why the gently caress is Day even here
Like has she ever watched this show before
I think I hate Day more than I hate Bronte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

STAC Goat posted:

Brendan and Rachel just had a kid. Jeff and Jordan are married and expecting. Danielle Donato and Dominic have been married for a couple of years. I think that's it. I think Liz/Austin and Hayden/Nicole were together until recently but really don't know for sure.

I hate myself for knowing this much.

According to the interviews for this season, Jeff and Jordan are still engaged; he said so during his Glen interview. How the gently caress does Jeff still have a job with CBS? He's dumb and terrible and needs to stop the spray tan.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Adora Borealis.

Adora Borealis.

This is a joke, right?

• Locked thread