Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Bobfromsales posted:

God this show is so boring we spend an entire week on this barely-couple's petty squabbles.
B-b-but best friend, soulmate and erm love but more importantly BEST FRIEND!
Maybe we'll hump like rabbits.
Just as long as James stays in the game and not jury where I'll still only peck him on the cheek.
I dunno, we'll see! *tee hee*

Giggly glee... JURY HOUSE YAAAAAY!
*cheerleader high kick*

NatNat was well coached to remain non committal beyond the obvious signals she has been broadcasting to Jamesy the last few weeks.

As cute as they are/were they ain't gonna make it past Halloween regardless.
Which is twice as long as Nicole and Corey will last.

The fact Z and Paulie are again a gently caress crew per Day's confessional only sullies Z's stock further into the proverbial toilet if indeed true.

The gently caress is wrong with that girl?

She had such high stock at first and then tanked faster than tech firms in the 90's.

Jesus gently caress, Victor or WHOA! Paul to win.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Robnoxious posted:

The fact Z and Paulie are again a gently caress crew per Day's confessional only sullies Z's stock further into the proverbial toilet if indeed true.

The gently caress is wrong with that girl?

Z has said she has a history of abusive relationships, so it's not a surprise she went back to an abusive relationship. They gently caress your head up into either thinking it's normal or that you don't deserve any better. It's quite possible Z doesn't know what a healthy relationship should look and feel like. They're also probably still in the "honeymoon"/ "I'm so sorry for behaving that way" part of the abuse cycle.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Was it the best decision to put up Paul and Victor?

I think if Victor and James were on the block, and Victor won the veto, there's a good chance he wouldn't have used it. Because then Paul would have to go up and Victor wouldn't want to screw Paul, and Victor and Paul were so big on trusting each other and their final 4. If you really want Victor to go home, the best chance is to make him think he's a pawn rather than the target.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
That's exactly what I was thinking. They should have put James up as a pawn and either one of them on the block. It would be easy to backdoor Victor or just send Paul home if they wanted to.

It would have been much smarter to make them think they were safe. Alas, Nicole and Corey aren't really known for their smarts.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Orange Sunshine posted:

Was it the best decision to put up Paul and Victor?

I think if Victor and James were on the block, and Victor won the veto, there's a good chance he wouldn't have used it. Because then Paul would have to go up and Victor wouldn't want to screw Paul, and Victor and Paul were so big on trusting each other and their final 4. If you really want Victor to go home, the best chance is to make him think he's a pawn rather than the target.

They had to put Paul and Victor up together.

If you have Victor and James up on the block, Paul could win it, take down Victor - which forces Nicole on the block, and they could flip the script and vote her out 2-0.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Oh I didn't think of that good point

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hmmm, that was a trainwreck in the jury house

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Why not vote out Nicole? That eliminates any sort of girl power movement final 2.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah she's the big favorite right now and James would take her to the end anyway I'm sure. Paul's gotta win HOH and then evict her for either him or James to win.

Jeep
Feb 20, 2013

Tyree posted:

Why not vote out Nicole? That eliminates any sort of girl power movement final 2.

James looking to continue his season-long streak of bad decisions

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Makes all the James Nichole final 2 deal rumors seem legit. Also he has no chance to win now.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

He doesn't have a great chance either way. Personally I feel like he has to be sitting next to Nicole to have any chance, that way the returning player argument can't be used against him.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

Eltoasto posted:

He doesn't have a great chance either way. Personally I feel like he has to be sitting next to Nicole to have any chance, that way the returning player argument can't be used against him.

I don't think the returning player argument holds much weight. I think this jury would have even gone for Victor.

James made a bad move. I don't think it's a conspiracy though - he just isn't very good at making strategic decisions.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Even though nicole and corey were a team, I think a lot of the jury feels personally betrayed by nicole. So it's not that bad of a choice imo.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Enough of them feel betrayed by Nicole to believe she's beasting it.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Fast Luck posted:

What happened with this? I missed last night's episode :smith:

Britt Burns fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 15, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just saw the clip on youtube. Basically Natalie says she would have used the POV on James, Meech quips about Paulie not doing that for Z, Day laughs, Paulie goes in on ""passive aggressive girls" and how he's Z's hero and the women are terrible. Day goes back at him. He calls her classless. She says he's an arrogant rear end in a top hat and only talks tough to women. Paulie responds by getting in her face and things get heated with them both insulting each other. Paulie says "what kind of example you setting for your daughter?" and Day loses her poo poo and has to be pulled back by production. Paulie's smug and proud that he made Day lose it. Bridgette says he disgusts her and he quips back "you disgust yourself". Day starts yelling at Z for not having her back against Paulie. Z wants to take no stance as usual. It all ends with Paulie's little smug golf clap he uses when he actually thinks he comes off like a good guy against the oppressive feminist nazis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8ERjwP_PtQ

Really summed up why I hate this season and stopped watching weeks ago. And a reminder that Paulie is loving terrible in every way.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Paulie didn't have to take it to that level, but I imagine the jury house has been nonstop passive aggression by Michelle and Day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm guessing that house is absolutely toxic to Paulie but he's created that atmosphere for himself all season. You may have noticed that Day, Meech, Nat, and Bridgette had matching necklaces that said "Courage", "Strength", "Genuine", and "Powerful." It very much seems like the dynamic that Nat, Meech, and Bridgette started in the BB house by calling out Paulie's misogyny has continued into the BB house where Day has championed it. And Z seems like she's fallen back on ostracizing herself with Paulie just as she did in the BB house.

Meech and Day aren't innocents. They're poo poo stirrers and are known for being emotional and combative. But they nailed Paulie when they called out he didn't have Z's back and only stands up to women. That's what set Paulie off because he's a misogynist and a bully. And he showed there like he did multiple times in the house that he gets off on making women lose their composure, so I'm sure he makes plenty of comments himself as he did all season. He couldn't have been happier that he made Day lose it and look bad and he couldn't hide his self satisfaction. Its the same thing he did with all the women in the house (besides Nicole, who he repeatedly said "knew her place").

And its a big part of why he was so scared of Bridgette because he could never actually break her.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

So James is pretty much gonna throw final 3 isn't he?

If Paul wins, James is an easier beat than Nicole, IMO. If Nicole wins, they've got their final 2 deal, preseason or not. James probably loses either way but at least he gets 2nd place money and can lazy his way through the rest of the game.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Savahontas posted:

I don't think the returning player argument holds much weight. I think this jury would have even gone for Victor.

James made a bad move. I don't think it's a conspiracy though - he just isn't very good at making strategic decisions.

Conspiracy or not, they have discussed splitting the prize money enough (a big no no) that they both apparently got in trouble for it. Combined with what he has said in the DR, he has seemingly had an unshakeable alliance with her since day 1, as he puts it, which could explain his sudden throwing his game into her and Corey's hands the past few weeks.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

I'm guessing that house is absolutely toxic to Paulie but he's created that atmosphere for himself all season. You may have noticed that Day, Meech, Nat, and Bridgette had matching necklaces that said "Courage", "Strength", "Genuine", and "Powerful." It very much seems like the dynamic that Nat, Meech, and Bridgette started in the BB house by calling out Paulie's misogyny has continued into the BB house where Day has championed it. And Z seems like she's fallen back on ostracizing herself with Paulie just as she did in the BB house.

Meech and Day aren't innocents. They're poo poo stirrers and are known for being emotional and combative. But they nailed Paulie when they called out he didn't have Z's back and only stands up to women. That's what set Paulie off because he's a misogynist and a bully. And he showed there like he did multiple times in the house that he gets off on making women lose their composure, so I'm sure he makes plenty of comments himself as he did all season. He couldn't have been happier that he made Day lose it and look bad and he couldn't hide his self satisfaction. Its the same thing he did with all the women in the house (besides Nicole, who he repeatedly said "knew her place").

And its a big part of why he was so scared of Bridgette because he could never actually break her.

No doubt Paulie is a garbage person, and even though she was much more confrontational to Paulie, I think Day was more innocent in this than Michelle. Da'Vonne may be more blatantly combatative, but Meech actively looks for confrontation just to have something to do.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Compared to Davonne Paulie is a scholar and a gentleman. I hope she never sees the inside of a BB house again.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Fast Luck posted:

Yup, we all knew Paulie was emotional and could be an rear end in a top hat, but its really showing a new, ugly side to Da'Vonne.

Tyree posted:

James and Nicole had a pre-game ride or die pact.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

patonthebach posted:

Yup, we all knew Paulie was emotional and could be an rear end in a top hat, but its really showing a new, ugly side to Da'Vonne.

Paulie and Da'Vonne both know how to bring out the worst in each other (or as Paulie would say "make each other feel a certain kind of way.") It seems like she's been making digs at him since he came to the jury house which is understandable considering his behavior in the house, but he's been feeding right into it by his reactions. He's a garbage person but the "you're setting a great example" line didn't bother me as much as it bothered other people. I don't know if it's because it's only like 7th at worst on the list of awful things he's said or if it's because the whole "I'm doing this for my daughter" prior to friendship suicide killed my sympathy in that regard.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Christ I wish Paulie would die in a loving fire already

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't like Paulie but he's at least entertaining in a strange kind of way.

He's a slimeball, no doubt, but honestly? He's right. Is that really the example Dayvonne needs to be setting for her daughter? Before getting all up in his grill and before he made that comment, how many comments did she send his way? Was he really supposed to sit there and take it, regardless if the comments are right or wrong?

Everybody has bent Z's ear about what an rear end in a top hat he is, but she's a grown woman. If it didn't sink in 4 weeks ago, it's not going to sink in now.

With the exception of Bridgette and Natalie (and Victor if he showed up before the blow up), everybody in that room is pure trash.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm upset with myself because his talking heads seemed reasonable, but drat if he didn't get off on making Day's head explode. Congratulations to him on finding a girl with a compatible sense of Stockholm Syndrome to bang for another week or so.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Eb posted:

Compared to Davonne Paulie is a scholar and a gentleman. I hope she never sees the inside of a BB house again.

Yeah, not so much. Paulie isn't a scholar and a gentleman compared to a loving trash can.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The impression I get is that Paulie, no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat he may be or may have been in the house, has no interest in continuing the conflicts and wants to let everything go as the show is over for them. Davonne wants to keep fighting with Paulie, and if she's going to start fights with him, he's going to be as nasty as he can be as a reaction to that.

Which to me makes her look bad, not him.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
No big brother tonight because of football?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

patonthebach posted:

No big brother tonight because of football?

Tomorrow. No episode Sunday, finale Wednesday.

I really wish they would have ended it Sunday.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not a fan of Day but I think we're doing a massive disservice to her (and the other women) by assuming Paulie's been a perfect gentleman in the Jury House when that stands in stark contrast to his behavior all season. Paulie spent months being a rude rear end in a top hat and condescending misogynist and I see no reason to believe that has changed in the Jury House. We're giving him the benefit of the doubt off of what? Him saying that Day and Bridgette have treated Z terribly? Well, Paulie's always been the most honest and reasonable narrator all season, right? So I guess we just believe him? Especially when Bridgette was kind of notable in how she never really treated anyone in anyway badly except for one weird night when she got drunk and poo poo talked people in bed with Frank in privacy.

Like I said, I see no reason to doubt that the dynamics of the BB House have continued into the Jury House. And that would mean Paulie is a huge misogynistic douchebag, Z takes it happily, Bridgette stays calm but speaks out against it, Natalie smiles through it trying to make the best of a bad situation, Meech instigates poo poo, and Day gets emotional and combative. I don't like that Day has trouble controlling her emotions and I don't like that Meech clearly loves starting poo poo, but both sides can be in the wrong.

Orange Sunshine posted:

The impression I get is that Paulie, no matter how much of an rear end in a top hat he may be or may have been in the house, has no interest in continuing the conflicts and wants to let everything go as the show is over for them. Davonne wants to keep fighting with Paulie, and if she's going to start fights with him, he's going to be as nasty as he can be as a reaction to that.

Which to me makes her look bad, not him.
I mean, that's nice to say and all but he could have easily just dismissed Meech's trolling comment to him that started that fight. He didn't, he instead escalated it and started a whole thing about how he was Z's true friend and they were treating her badly. Then when Day insulted and dismissed him again saying he was misogynist and only attacked women he went at her directly.

So, its great and all to say Paulie wants to move on but it doesn't seem to reflect his actual actions. If you want to be the better person you be the better person. You don't talk about how much you are a better person and then smile and clap when you've managed to piss everyone off into anger and rage.

Its bullshit to say Paulie wants to move on. He doesn't think he was an rear end in a top hat in the house and wants to let it go. He thinks he was the victim in the house. He's said that many times. And he's determined to be seen as the hero of the story as he's always been, because as he's said multiple times feminists like Bridgette and Day are exactly the same as white supremacists.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not a fan of Day but I think we're doing a massive disservice to her (and the other women) by assuming Paulie's been a perfect gentleman in the Jury House

No one is saying that.

No doubt he's probably been a poo poo.

But cameras or not, do you expect anyone to sit idle while someone is sitting there calling you a bitch or saying 'you gotta be 6 foot tall to me, shut up'? I thought Paulie had said something REALLY bad for Day to react that way but when she goes all COMPLETE ghetto trash on him for saying "Nice example for your daughter" or something like that, come on. Just because someone doesn't like the messenger doesn't mean the message isn't valid. He's Jersey boy white trash through and through. No one is saying anything otherwise.

But, and as much as I hate to say it, he was right.

Natalie said she would use the veto on James, Michele said something, Paulie responded with something snide, then the Day jumped because she smelled an ounce of blood in the water. Day went berserk while Paulie, surprisingly, looked like he kept his cool. And Day blaming Paulie because Z is such as crazy as a bag full of cats mentally. Like I said before, everyone has told Z, often in front of Paulie, how lovely he is and she shouldn't be involved with him. They've told her this for weeks. She's a grown woman making her own choices. Not much you can do there.

Day sitting there and emasculating Paulie (calling him a bitch, etc) is somehow ok, regardless of how much of an rear end in a top hat he is, but hoooooly poo poo had he called one of them a bitch, oval office, whatever? Y'all would have lost your goddamn minds.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop

ToastyPotato posted:

Conspiracy or not, they have discussed splitting the prize money enough (a big no no) that they both apparently got in trouble for it. Combined with what he has said in the DR, he has seemingly had an unshakeable alliance with her since day 1, as he puts it, which could explain his sudden throwing his game into her and Corey's hands the past few weeks.

That's a really really good point. And James just literally saved Nicole's game - so now he can make that case to her if she wins.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not a fan of Day but I think we're doing a massive disservice to her (and the other women) by assuming Paulie's been a perfect gentleman in the Jury House

Yeah I dont think anyone is saying that in this thread. Guy acts like a total rear end in a top hat sometimes and is obviously very emotional and insecure guy. We knew that from inside the house. I think we were just surprised without the editing how brash and ignorant Da'Vonne can be. She certainly showed she liked riling him up and trying to get him going. Then she tries to intimidate him? Not friendship.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think Da'Vonne is just wired to get a rise out of people, no matter who it is.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
I mean personally I would probably do something similar if I were forced to interact with a sociopath misogynist rear end in a top hat as bad as Paulie has been and continues to be, but I'm also not likely to refer to Davonne as "complete ghetto trash" or whine about Paulie getting emasculated so we might be approaching this from different perspectives

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm sure the other women did treat Z "horribly" insofar as they probably kept taking shots at her for being with Paulie, because the dude abandoned her in the game while he was banging her and is a loving rear end in a top hat, and she's going back to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

patonthebach posted:

Yeah I dont think anyone is saying that in this thread. Guy acts like a total rear end in a top hat sometimes and is obviously very emotional and insecure guy. We knew that from inside the house. I think we were just surprised without the editing how brash and ignorant Da'Vonne can be. She certainly showed she liked riling him up and trying to get him going. Then she tries to intimidate him? Not friendship.

Literally on the same page as your post:

Eb posted:

Muddy Burphy posted:

He's a garbage person but the "you're setting a great example" line didn't bother me as much as it bothered other people. I don't know if it's because it's only like 7th at worst on the list of awful things he's said or if it's because the whole "I'm doing this for my daughter" prior to friendship suicide killed my sympathy in that regard.

She's getting in the neighborhood of 80k to be on the show. If I understood them correctly, the vets are getting 50k plus whatever the stipend is to come back. That's plenty of money to help her daughter. She probably meant "I'm leaving my daughter for 3 months to be on this show to get more than a year's salary to help take care of her." Everyone entering the house knows only one person gets the 500k.

The people defending Paulie in here and calling Da'vonne "ghetto trash" are really gross.

People also don't seem to get that Z has a history of abusive relationships, which break you down emotionally and make you think that behavior is normal and what you deserve. People don't just magic themselves out of abusive relationships and screwed up views about love by having a few people tell them "your partner is horrible garbage." She probably needs tons of therapy to get better.

• Locked thread