Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

OH my god, Bronte.

Feeds hell.

We appreciate your sacrifices, STAC Goat.

I kinda hate Michelle more than Bronte right now, though.

STAC Goat posted:

Ok... First impressions are that Tiffany is SO much Vanessa and Paulie is SO much Cody that I'm convinced it must be put on.

It's kind of ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

I'm calling Tiffany not outing herself after Paulie the first mistake of the game.

Yeah, she's like Vanessa with dyed hair. Her face looks like her. She has the exact same voice. Welp.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, in any regular season Bronte and Paul seem like the type to annoy people and get early boots, but there's so many variables here with teams, vets, and blood. So who knows?

Bronte is kind of obnoxious-cute not obnoxious-get out.

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 23, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

pospysyl posted:

Corey looks like the most boring man alive, but I have a feeling he's going to be really good at this game.

He'll be good the way Caleb was good.

Edit: Do they vet these people at all? http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/06/big-brother-corey-brooks-gay-slurs/

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 23, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

That's a pretty bold prediction. I mean, you don't just stumble on insane stalker pathological lying narcissists every season.

I meant like Caleb in the sense he's strong physically but not strategically and thinks he's great. Not in the creepy stalker sense.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

James and Da'vonne from last season and big Frank from BB14.

To be fair to Da', Paul is loving intolerable.

Yeah, old Da'vonne would have told him off almost immediately.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

I won't lie. If Nicole goes home in Ep2 I'll be a little heartbroken. And I kinda want to see if the Vanessa/Tiffany similarities continue to a nervous breakdown.

Although mostly I think this is a reaction to knowing Day and Paul are safe. That's unfortunate.

I will also be super sad if Nicole goes. Depending on the type of competition they get, I see Glenn as probably having a big disadvantage due to age. Also, use one of those rockets to shoot Paul into the sun.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Robnoxious posted:

Stupid double post...

The audience was kind of coached to vaudeville "ooooo" and "ahhhhh" Julie's lines weren't they?

The audience is usually CBS employees when it's not aired live, so yes, they were coached.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Why is Nicole so dumb?

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Eb posted:

I certainly think the guy should be kicked out of the house for saying human being in a tweet four years ago. Ideally everyone on reality TV should be bland and generic with no opinions or personality. DO THEY EVEN VET THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE?!

The past few years BB has had a bit of a problem looking bad for picking either racist or homophobic people. BB15 was a disaster. I think there were issues in BB16 also? Last year, several HGs were hyper aware of being careful about what they said in the house. With the way the world/internet is right now, you'd think BB would at least have a scroll through HGs Twitter feeds.

I don't hate him and want him to die forever. It just seems like maybe CBS should have a peak at their social media and get that stuff deleted before announcing the cast.

F**got is absolutely a terrible slur, by the way, and it was gross to say "you'd know about taking it the hard way. F*g." even 4 years ago and as a teen.

STAC Goat posted:

Somewhat similarly Michelle is taking some heat online for apparently being very "fat hating" online. I kind of got that vibe when she made the wear comment of "I hate it when someone doesn't think they have a weight problem" and it sounds like she might be the kind of person who yells at overweight people on the street. I doubt it will make many waves online but it probably is a clue as to how she deals with conflict and people with different ideas in a tough situation. But we'll just have to wait and see.

From her introduction video, it seems like Michelle is the type of person to go to a party and whine about people eating pizza and drinking beer.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

Not really. At least not in the BB15 way. Caleb was probably the least self aware person on the planet, said a few things. and took heat for the stalking stuff, but he ended up being a fan favorite by the end of the season. Frankie and Christine were really the hated ones because they were really nasty together and they each had the bonus of Christine's Cody relationship and Frankie's general Frankieness. From what I can tell Christine still gets a lot of heat for her behavior. But otherwise it was a pretty pleasant cast and they were probably more aware than last season's crew (Jeff and James were really gross last season and Jason did little else but poo poo talk people and basically spent his last few days calling people "cunts").

Nicole even freaked out when she found out who Frankie's sister was because she was worried about the fan backlash for her going after Frankie. And I don't think she ever said much of anything about the guy.

The thing that really made BB15 what it was that everyone was nasty which I mostly chalk up to Aaryn and Amanda being the most dominating personalities in that house. I've seen Spencer talk about how much he regrets his behavior and how much he just lost himself in the atmosphere and messed up his life. That was just a toxic house.

Ahh, ok. The seasons start to melt together in my head.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Orange Sunshine posted:

I don't watch the live feeds and this isn't a comment on whatever is going on with Paulie generally, but this doesn't sound all that terrible.

Using up all the tampons and pads just means that big brother will give the women more.

I think this loses something without the context of the past few days events, but it was done out of bitterness, anger, and spite. If James had spelled out "Nat Nat" with the pads as a fun prank, that wouldn't really be bad. It'd be inconvenient, but as long as they got replaced quickly it wouldn't be a deal. What Paulie did was not that kind of a thing.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Twin Cinema posted:

The discussion of Paulie's edit has come up, and as someone who doesn't watch the live feeds, my take is that the edit was kind to Paulie early in the game, but as the weeks have worn on, I think you can see the wrinkles. For example, and maybe this is just my perspective, but he came out looking like a huge rear end with the Z situation. Maybe he was even worse on the live feeds, but I don't think the show shied away from showing him jerking her around.

I thought Victor's nomination speech was needlessly vicious, but the edit seems to have largely forgotten about him as a player. He's taken a back seat, oddly, even thought he was HOH.

I am not sure what's happening with Nicole, as the edit has seemingly forgotten about her. Other than being a huge dumbass, I have no idea who Corey is as a person.

I think James is the only person who has looked consistently good. The show continually focuses on him. I wish I knew more about Natalie, because she seems like a nice person.

As for the worst Big Brother season. I haven't watched all the seasons, but it's either 8 or 15 from me. I gave up on both midway through the season. My only memory of 8 is "Evil" Dick walking around the house, while a "cool" guitar sound played, as he yelled at people.

STAC Goat is the best at this, but Corey is as bad as Paulie about the misogyny. He thinks stuff Paulie says about women is hilarious and true.

Natalie is a glowing angel of a person. She's nice to everyone, even if they were being ostracized by the house. She's endured quite a bit of poo poo-talking and people saying she's an amoral slut (Paulie has issues.)

The rest is what STAC said.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
gently caress this garbage edit. It makes Paulie seem sympathetic, and everyone else a little assholish. :argh:

They also didn't showcase enough of Paul's hilarious Secret Service antics.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

You're right on the money, friend! The feeds suggest Paulie refused to do his punishment for quite a while before something said over the PA (with the feeds off) or in the DR convinced him to try baking a pie - he had to do it twice for them to get enough usable footage. I have no idea if he's going to get a penalty vote for not immediately complying, or if they'll sweep it under the rug.

His family's money and his brother's popularity with fans of the show override any ethical concerns re: his behavior, it seems.

Paulie threatened to walk off the show/refuse to stay in the jury house multiple times. The DR had to call him in at least 3 times, and he was refusing to go to DR for awhile. The feed watchers thought he might pull a Chima. It seems like production had to threaten him with breach of contract to get him to do it.

The episode semi-showed one part where he said he wanted to just get on a plane and see his family, but that came off sad and sympathetic instead of poor sport crybaby.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

Just wanted to add in that the message wasting all of the tampons and pads was "Tampons are not toys and neither are pads" which makes me wonder if a girl had said something to him about not loving around with their hygiene products, and being told he couldn't do something he decided he was going to poo poo all over them.

I think a couple of the girls jokingly threw a couple clean tampons at Paul or his bed, and Paulie was disgusted, so he wasted all the tampons and pads to "teach them a lesson."

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

ToastyPotato posted:

Have any jury buybacks been random games? I feel like they have all been beastable comps. Probably why Paulie didn't give a poo poo tonight. Who in the jury is going to beat him in a beastable comp at this point? The only chance is if Corey goes next week, or Victor.

The recent jury buybacks have been the wall competition, which Paulie and Corey (if he goes next), as big hulking dudes, will be terrible at.

Edit:

JOHN CENA posted:

season 16 was a shuffleboard that jocasta almost won.

Dammit!! Let's all pray it's a wall comp or maybe a crap shoot and not a physical comp.

STAC, I love you, please don't use bipolar as a random descriptor for erratic behavior. Paulie was really sad and pathetic for awhile, then tried to cheer up and be a better sport, but it's nothing like the symptoms of bipolar disorder, which are serious and difficult to cope with.

I know you didn't mean anything harmful by it.

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Aug 19, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

Sorry. Definitely didn't mean it to be harmful. I was typing on my phone and took a shortcut and I'm sorry that was a loaded short cut that might upset someone. I totally see why it would and I'm sorry.

I meant the jump between him being angry and "aggressive" and genuinely scaring or unnerving some people including James, Paul, and Corey and then the sad and defeatist thing he did where he was crying constantly and saying they were the good people were were unfairly screwed and he wasn't going to play along because of it.

It's okay. I almost didn't say anything because I knew you didn't mean it in a malicious way, but I try to say something when I see it used for anything other than legit bipolar disorder, to help get it out of common usage that way.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I thought the carnival and Ziggy concert happened days ago. Did it just leak days ago and it was actually recorded last night without Paulie in the house? Did they, like, greenscreen him out somehow? This is bizarre.

They edited Paulie out.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I'm like legit upset that Michelle stole Pablo the Pelican.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Robnoxious posted:

The fact Z and Paulie are again a gently caress crew per Day's confessional only sullies Z's stock further into the proverbial toilet if indeed true.

The gently caress is wrong with that girl?

Z has said she has a history of abusive relationships, so it's not a surprise she went back to an abusive relationship. They gently caress your head up into either thinking it's normal or that you don't deserve any better. It's quite possible Z doesn't know what a healthy relationship should look and feel like. They're also probably still in the "honeymoon"/ "I'm so sorry for behaving that way" part of the abuse cycle.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

patonthebach posted:

Yeah I dont think anyone is saying that in this thread. Guy acts like a total rear end in a top hat sometimes and is obviously very emotional and insecure guy. We knew that from inside the house. I think we were just surprised without the editing how brash and ignorant Da'Vonne can be. She certainly showed she liked riling him up and trying to get him going. Then she tries to intimidate him? Not friendship.

Literally on the same page as your post:

Eb posted:

Compared to Davonne Paulie is a scholar and a gentleman. I hope she never sees the inside of a BB house again.

Muddy Burphy posted:

He's a garbage person but the "you're setting a great example" line didn't bother me as much as it bothered other people. I don't know if it's because it's only like 7th at worst on the list of awful things he's said or if it's because the whole "I'm doing this for my daughter" prior to friendship suicide killed my sympathy in that regard.

She's getting in the neighborhood of 80k to be on the show. If I understood them correctly, the vets are getting 50k plus whatever the stipend is to come back. That's plenty of money to help her daughter. She probably meant "I'm leaving my daughter for 3 months to be on this show to get more than a year's salary to help take care of her." Everyone entering the house knows only one person gets the 500k.

The people defending Paulie in here and calling Da'vonne "ghetto trash" are really gross.

People also don't seem to get that Z has a history of abusive relationships, which break you down emotionally and make you think that behavior is normal and what you deserve. People don't just magic themselves out of abusive relationships and screwed up views about love by having a few people tell them "your partner is horrible garbage." She probably needs tons of therapy to get better.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

It'll be interesting to see how it works, because it seems intriguing:

No feed blackouts (this is a typical complaint about the feeds usually during comps and ceremonies. They'll still black out for legal issues though)
No big outdoor competitions (Okay, this would probably help explain why they aren't as many blackouts)
Big feed viewer impact on the show (Punishments/rewards? Care package-like drops?)

Some questions still remain:

Are there still HOHs, vetos and HOH nominations?
Do people win those via competitions or viewer vote?
Are there even physical competitions any more? Are they doing smaller Road Kill like competitions or more intriguingly, could they be doing Phone Booth type challenges were they have to figure out mental challenges?

My dream scenario was basically this being The Genius: Big Brother. But that may be hoping for too much based on it being normal open casting.

Where'd you hear there are no big outdoor comps?

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

mancalamania posted:

Yeah, that part is really ambiguous and is a deal breaker for me. If the recaps are just handwritten summaries by some intern and they have to squeeze an entire week's worth of Big Brother into a single hour long episode each week then the episode will be packed with 2 competitions, 2 ceremonies, and an eviction. There will be essentially be no room for strategy, and more importantly there is no room for Diary Room segments which are pretty important to these shows.

On the other hand, if the recaps are short 10-15 minute episodes with Diary Rooms, then I think this format could actually be pretty fun. It's a bit counterintuitive but I'd actually waste less time on this silly show if there were short well-produced 10 minute recaps every night that I could just watch before I go to sleep, instead of checking in on badly written reverse chronological Reddit posts at various points throughout the day.

You can get a free week trial to check it out. You might be able to get a month, even.

I'm pretty sure the recaps will be videos, and the episodes will be watchable any time, like everything else on All Access.

I have no idea about diary room sessions, though. I've been wondering about that myself.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

obliriovrons posted:

So for people who were watching the feeds and stuff, does this stem from, like, the way he was acting towards other people that we didn't really see all that much of on the TV edit? Because otherwise I don't really understand this result

Edit: Also this is my first season of BB so maybe I just don't understand BB

This result is utter garbage, but it's probably because of what Pillowpants said. An "I'm sorry. I get passionate and emotional sometimes and cross the line. I said things this summer that I shouldn't have. This game has taught me that I need to learn to be more patient with people." would have probably won him the game.

I'm so confused by Paulie's vote and don't get why Da' seemed so pleased Paul wasn't evicted and happy with his speech and then voted Nicole.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Fast Luck posted:

Previous jury segments showed Day having respect for Nicole's game and I thought she'd be a Nicole voter up until she started cheering on Paul in the finale so yeah that one was weird. Paulie's vote makes sense to me. Nicole and Corey were the ones who didn't turn on him and he is in love with Corey.

Natalie had at one point banned James from working with Nicole and Corey so losing Natalie's vote was pretty bad

Yeah, Da' was a toss up in my mind, too, until I saw some of the things she said during the finale. I didn't think Paulie blamed Paul for his eviction and would vote for someone who was his boy over a woman. I didn't think about him wanting to support Corey by voting for Nicole.

Jeff is interviewing everyone right now, and the jury members are saying the speeches/questions didn't change any votes. They're also saying Paul would have definitely won over James. :negative:

Teek posted:

On the After Show with Jeff, Julie said in Over the Top there are 12 new Houseguests + 1 Returning Houseguest. Unsure if Jason/Josea is part of the 12 or if there are 13 total.

All the weekly/live shows will start at 7 PM Pacific. Saturday and Sundays will have a new "Safety Ceremony", and if your name is not called by the end of the day on Sunday, you're nominated for eviction.

Finally the viewers vote for the eventual season winner. Going back to BB roots it seems.

I'm pretty sure Jason/Josea is the one returner.

I hope the thing about America voting for a winner just means we get a jury vote instead of the only vote.

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 22, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
#BB18 was trending as the number 1 hashtag on Twitter for a few hours with this description:

Then, #paulwasrobbed trended at 13 briefly. Very few people are happy with how BB18 ended, but there is a lot of passion.

On that note, which old season of Big Brother should I watch to forget about BB18? I haven't seen 4-11, so one of those is preferred.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I just think it's pretty funny that "Paul was robbed" some how got into the tag explanation, and that people got it to trend on it's own, too.

I think Paul definitely put more work and skill into Big Brother than Nicole did. Winners that lay low all summer and then win a couple comps at the end are boring, unless they are puppet mastering others to do their dirty work. Nicole showed no real evidence of doing this in her DRs. The only time I can think of is when she successfully got Natalie and Michelle to put up Paul and Victor.

If she can't even put into words what her plans are or give more than one example of when she manipulated something to go her way, how are we supposed to see her as a good player? Maybe CBS has made the DR sessions too scripted or something, but I'd respect her game a lot more if her DRs all season had been like "I'm ratting out the Fatal5, because I think the guys can get me farther and I'm sweet talking Corey into convincing the guys that [person who is after me] is a threat to them." As it was, it looked like she got obsessed with Corey and hid behind him most of the summer while Paulie dictated what that guys alliance did until he was evicted.

There's a new clip about BBOTT on All Access. It is confirmed that there is no jury and America chooses the winner. Looking forward to a season full of James style pandering. :negative:

My excitement for this new season just dropped.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

ToastyPotato posted:

How was James the better choice? Paulie, Z, Michelle, Nicole, Natalie, and Corey would have all voted for him almost for sure. Paul took Nicole because he figured the house would be split 5-4 and he was completely correct.

After the show, several jury members said Paul would have handily won against James, obviously Paul had no way of knowing that, though.

Why would Paulie and Z vote for James out of spite? Paulie blamed James for Z's eviction and felt the most betrayed by him.

Nicole had said previously that she'd vote for Paul in a Paul/James finale, but who knows if she'd still do that moments after Paul evicted her. I think she probably would have, though. Corey may or may not have followed her lead. It really was a toss up, either way.

It came down to Paul not wanting to give James 50k (and especially not 500k) for throwing competitions and "doing what the house wants" all summer. He claimed that he preferred to get 50k next to Nicole than 500k next to James. I hope that was true. :/

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Michelle is doing a Reddit AMA later tonight, in case anyone missed watching her meltdown in real time.

http://twitter.com/BBReddit/status/780807822913134592

• Locked thread