Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to this season is what kind of conflicts Trump causes in that house. Casting better have made sure this happens. I know BB15 scared you but I doubt even you could find 18 people without opinions on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

OH my god, Bronte.

Feeds hell.

Ok... First impressions are that Tiffany is SO much Vanessa and Paulie is SO much Cody that I'm convinced it must be put on.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 23, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm calling Tiffany not outing herself after Paulie the first mistake of the game. Now that they know about Paulie they're going to be speculating and two people have already sniffed Tiffany out just based on what they've shown us. It would make sense for the vets to ally with Paulie and Tiffany but this isn't the most strategic group of vets.

Wee Bairns posted:

Jesus, Frank is drat near unrecognizable.

I'm not entirely convinced that is Frank.

Well, Da's already pissed off about something. New season.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 23, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, in any regular season Bronte and Paul seem like the type to annoy people and get early boots, but there's so many variables here with teams, vets, and blood. So who knows? And an early eviction?

And really, it's BB. Everyone's kind of obnoxious in their own way.

Also, as someone who is going to type a lot of words about BB this summer I'm annoyed they cast a Paul and a Paulie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I HATE PAULIE.

I'm not entirely sure that isn't residual Cody hate but I'm not sure it makes a difference.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This team was made to be coached by James.

Oh, Tiffany.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

violetdragon posted:

He'll be good the way Caleb was good.

That's a pretty bold prediction. I mean, you don't just stumble on insane stalker pathological lying narcissists every season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wee Bairns posted:

This is a rather Survivor-ish challenge.

It's kind of the problem with an individual game vs a team one. Only chance to do fun team challenges in BB are Have Not comps that no one cares about.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fallin1 posted:

I can't be the only one ready to see Da'Vonne evicted first can I?

Its tough to rally behind her when she's immediately falling into the same traps that did her in last time. I know it's a lot to ask someone to grow more patience and control of their emotions in one year... but what do you think cost you last time?

violetdragon posted:

I meant like Caleb in the sense he's strong physically but not strategically and thinks he's great. Not in the creepy stalker sense.

I'm expecting more of a boring Clay/Cody/Shane in that mold, but who knows?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

Who are the other three stowaways besides nicole? Bad weather coverage took over here just after she showed up.

James and Da'vonne from last season and big Frank from BB14.

To be fair to Da', Paul is loving intolerable.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 23, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I won't lie. If Nicole goes home in Ep2 I'll be a little heartbroken. And I kinda want to see if the Vanessa/Tiffany similarities continue to a nervous breakdown.

Although mostly I think this is a reaction to knowing Day and Paul are safe. That's unfortunate.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I pretty much hate everyone at the premiere. Everyone is amped up and your only exposure to them is in the DR when they have their "characters" on and in the Day 1 gaming which is always really stupid and has literally only worked out once. It just highlights the people who come into the house thinking they're masterminds or stars or just the people desperately trying not to drown.

Over time they chill out and their characters give way to who they are. They can put on a show in the DR but most of them turn into semi normal people the rest of the time.

Like, Glenn seemed affable and even tempered but that end kind of suggested he's holding back his inner Bronx rear end in a top hat and I have the feeling he's gonna quickly rub people wrong.
Bronte seemed terrible on first pass but she seemed to mellow and blend better as the episode went on and I get the feeling she'll be fine.
Paulie has the same obnoxious DR character as his brother but if the Cody similarities continue he'll be charming and well liked in the house.
Paul seems like he's just way too "on". If he can chill he might be fine but he seems to be having too much fun imagining himself as the big gamer so I think he's already too far gone.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 23, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's Mama Da'.

I don't pay attention to these people between seasons but I thought I saw Nicole and Hayden were still together until very recently. I guess you can't knock a year and a half for a showmance.

I'm not prepared to cal Da' a genius for spotting Tiffany. Like, I imagine they crossed paths before at a wrap party or something. That's why it seemed so weird that Tiffany wouldn't say anything. Besides the fact that you couldn't be more like your sister if you died your hair and put on a beanie there's theres two people there who have spent time with your sister, ran in the same circles, looked at family photos or on Twitter. I assume that's why Paulie gave himself up so quickly after realzing Nicole was there. Da's is smart but I'm less impressed she realized than questioning why James didn't.

I don't really question why James didn't. It's James, the guy who was still listening to Aubry last season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brendan and Rachel just had a kid. Jeff and Jordan are married and expecting. Danielle Donato and Dominic have been married for a couple of years. I think that's it. I think Liz/Austin and Hayden/Nicole were together until recently but really don't know for sure.

I hate myself for knowing this much.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I dunno. Obviously it's lovely things to say. But I hardly would call it as a "gay slur."

At least nothing is really homophobic or anti gay. It's just like, "hey this is something a gay would do."

Also, we have come A LONG way on what is not okay to say in 4 years as far as being politically correct.

I don't see him being an interesting player really, but not going to completely destroy the guy for those tweets.

I think its safe to say that "f*ggot" is a slur. I think using loaded slurs casually is actually a pretty big problem in and of itself.

I also think its reasonable (or at least kind) to say that those comments are like four or five years old and firmly in the "stupid kid" window so its possible he's grown as a person since then. It would be cool for him to apologize and clarify when he comes out but since he can't answer for those comments right now I'll judge him on what he does in that house.

Somewhat similarly Michelle is taking some heat online for apparently being very "fat hating" online. I kind of got that vibe when she made the wear comment of "I hate it when someone doesn't think they have a weight problem" and it sounds like she might be the kind of person who yells at overweight people on the street. I doubt it will make many waves online but it probably is a clue as to how she deals with conflict and people with different ideas in a tough situation. But we'll just have to wait and see.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think anyone said he should be booted out, and like I said I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt until he does or says something more timely or consistent. Otherwise we're just mad at a 21-year-old Texan kid for being an ignorant idiot, and that kid might not even exist anymore.

But If you go on a TV show seeking fame and fortune by doing absolutely nothing but putting on a show for the cameras, than you don't really get to complain about people forming opinions and judging your actions. And hey, news flash. Lots of people don't like slurs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We basically never saw Nicole lie or try to be sneaky in her season and it turns out she's adorably awful at it!

But Corey is apparently as dumb as he looks!

And Tiffany IS Vanessa.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

This challenge was clearly designed to stump Glenn

In fairness a lot of physical challenges are going to stump an overweight 50 year old.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole!

I'm cool with any of the newbies going. The dudes seem boring and dumb and as much as I want to like Tiffany I had a little Vanessa fatigue flashback at that crying episode. It may be too soon.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It turns out that Paul being mad and vulnerable makes me happy.

I'm not a big fan of the quick eviction but, yeah, Glenn seemed like the obvious odd man out so it probably worked out as well as it could.

A Nicole HOH is huge since it keeps them from going the boring "vote out the vets" route and will give everyone more room to game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Victor. Jesus.

This is not boding well for the level of gameplay this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jesus, Josea.

These people are idiots.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The newbies are handing the game to you, Nicole, don't go putting up allies as pawns in week 1.

rafington posted:

"I'm good in the brain," then proceeds to tell a vet that he's targeting the vets and that he wants the current HOH out first.

I really hope he goes home first and his lasting BB legacy is "Im the messiah. I'm good in the brain." I don't want this guy to have a chance to make us forget.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, Nicole. Jocasta wants a word with you.

Jozea is very bad in the brain.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like, I hesitate to absolutely rip into the Paulie nom because (a) we have absolutely no idea what Paulie's position in the house is and its entirely possible he's the safest pawn there and (b) we have absolutely no idea if the vets trust him at all since from their perspective it would be easy to remember that Cody was a snake and think Paulie is playing both sides of the house.

And ultimately I always blame the pawn for agreeing because the God's honest truth is he's up there because he's expendable. There's a reason Nicole wasn't talking about Frank or James playing POV. On some level she's fine losing you, Paulie. You should remember that going forward.

And to be totally fair its easy to forget that the options are limited. By my count its Jozea, Paul, Zakiyah, Bridgette, Michelle, and Paulie. So I guess she didn't want a girl up there playing POV but that still leaves Paul.

But Nicole did this once already with Jocasta and it bit her in the rear end. You're a vet. Don't make the same mistakes twice. Maybe you don't trust Paulie, I don't know. But there's like half a dozen other people out there who are ostensibly coming for you and I assume haven't talked more game with you than Paulie. So risk one of them because its Week 1 and you're outnumbered, so ditch this conservative "don't want to upset anyone" game. You don't have that luxury this time around.

So yeah. I don't have enough information to totally fairly judge this, but Nicole lost the benefit of the doubt when Jocasta went home. Learn from your mistakes.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 24, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its because she idolizes Dan Gheesling and is dead set on a "way" to play the game "safe".

And she has a pile of reasons on paper why Paulie "should" be safe. He's (probably) well liked, his team (probably) wouldn't vote him out, Jozea seems like an absolute easy target, you have the votes on paper (Freakazoids, Category 4, and Vets).

But you can't play these games with a set plan or a strategy, you have to be able to adapt and react. Nicole has sadly never shown that ability. You started behind the 8-ball in this one and you can't afford to play safe. So why are you using the same strategy you had last time around? Its a new game and it didn't work then either.

Although lets share the blame. Frank, Day, and James were clearly all on board and urging Paulie too.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jun 24, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

violetdragon posted:

The past few years BB has had a bit of a problem looking bad for picking either racist or homophobic people. BB15 was a disaster. I think there were issues in BB16 also?
Not really. At least not in the BB15 way. Caleb was probably the least self aware person on the planet, said a few things. and took heat for the stalking stuff, but he ended up being a fan favorite by the end of the season. Frankie and Christine were really the hated ones because they were really nasty together and they each had the bonus of Christine's Cody relationship and Frankie's general Frankieness. From what I can tell Christine still gets a lot of heat for her behavior. But otherwise it was a pretty pleasant cast and they were probably more aware than last season's crew (Jeff and James were really gross last season and Jason did little else but poo poo talk people and basically spent his last few days calling people "cunts").

Nicole even freaked out when she found out who Frankie's sister was because she was worried about the fan backlash for her going after Frankie. And I don't think she ever said much of anything about the guy.

The thing that really made BB15 what it was that everyone was nasty which I mostly chalk up to Aaryn and Amanda being the most dominating personalities in that house. I've seen Spencer talk about how much he regrets his behavior and how much he just lost himself in the atmosphere and messed up his life. That was just a toxic house.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think she was trying to avoid having Paul left seeking revenge. It just seems silly considering Paul is already gunning for the vets and you assume one of their newbie allies let them in on that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Da' was pretty fun last season in the short Week 1 dose. It was just in Week 2 when she went on the block and literally rejected olive branches to save her that I turned on her.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Two seasons ago. You missed the Battle of the Block. For the last two seasons there's been 2 HOHs and 4 Nominees and the two teams of nominees would compete to see who stayed HOH/nominated. It was terrible and its thankfully gone, but thanks to the four nominees they ditched the traditional key ceremony and its never come back. Which is even more tragic than the BotB itself.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You have absolutely no idea.

It invalidated the HOH comp and its power since you not only weren't guaranteed to be safe that week but you could nominate two people who come down and then you could go up. You were actively discouraged from putting up strong players because they'd have a better chance of winning BotB so the only smart move was to put up pawns, ideally ones who agreed to throw the comp. So then you had dueling pawns throwing comps against each other while all the strong players waited to be backdoored. And all of this encouraged the house to group up into a majority that could game the system making the possibility of a minority power flip almost entirely impossible.

And then they brought it back for a second season and tried to claim it was a "fan favorite."

The only interesting/good thing about BotB is that it added to Derrick's legacy because it means not only did he win BB without ever being nominated but he did it in a season where four people got nominated nearly every week. And that's just insane.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 27, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it was just a classic BB thing so you miss it. I don't really disagree that those 2 minutes are better served on some other footage.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, its not even production. Corey spends a lot of time and energy saying things and then obsessively telling people why it didn't make him gay when no one was thinking it did. Its basically a defining character trait. This is just an example of editing really capturing the houseguest's personality.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The last two seasons have two of the better/best players in recent memory so I'd say they're solid seasons to watch. They have their slow points (but all seasons do) and they're not volatile/angry casts but there's a lot of gameplay and two really memorable players/games.

The BotB just sucks and ruins a lot, especially in BB16. It wasn't as much of a game changer in BB17 and if I remember right they pulled it early. But like, binges help. There's none of that weeklong hope that something will happen.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 28, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Andy and Frankie and players like that do that all the time. Its a yearly thing that just doesn't make tv. From what I can tell when one of them does that production basically tells them to go gently caress themselves and that they won't get on TV as long as they gently caress around. But Andy would talk about it all the time and he was super proud of the idea.

Banned alliance names happens all the time. Derrick and Cody were originally "Jump Street", which was a tragedy when BB made them change it. Amanda, Judd, McRae, and Andy had like 20 names because they kept calling themselves copywritten (The Goof Troop) or vulgar names. The basically ran the house for weeks and the show never acknowledged them as an alliance until Aaryn joined and they get a TV approved "3AM" name.

There's already been a banned alliance name this season.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm the only fan of TEAM UNICORN!dodododo!(minus Victor)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was a weird edit.

Bridgette and that group actually said way worse stuff and mostly about Michelle and Tiffany. The real stuff they said was ugly and vicious and justifies the Fatal Five being upset. I guess BB didn't want to make the other side look too bad but it kind of made the Fatal Five seem overly sensitive.

I have no idea how they find footage of Paul talking that they can air on tv without censoring it. It's serious art.

If I remember right what he really said in response to James was closer to
NSFW
"Why don't I just cut off my penis and bleed out in front of you? Than can I be in girl talk?"

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jul 1, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For some reason this always makes me nervous and I don't even like either of these guys.

Jozea is a so insane and the last few days have been so crazy and BB completely dropped the ball on showing the tv audience it. Its the first time since watching feeds that I think I've really been bothered by the selective editing.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am both happy and disappointed no one followed through on their threats to go crazy if Jozea got evicted.

BB had to be expecting it too because that was a weirdly paced segment. It's like they had to fill time with the HGs hugging.

But boy do Paul and Victor look like they're holding it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jozea has acted SO insane and his whole crew was promising to raise hell. Plus Paulie, Frank, and Corey were all planning to antagonize them. Things were really tense and jacked up and BB had to have though that would be an ugly exit and gave it extra time.

This has been such a weirdly tame version of reality. It's surreal.

• Locked thread