Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Nat wins veto, saves Bridgette, Corey puts up Paulie as a pawn, Paulie out. Hold the faith!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

mancalamania posted:

Nat wins veto, saves Bridgette, Corey puts up Paulie as a pawn, Paulie out. Hold the faith!

Okay, new plan, Michelle has round trip, comes back in and wins HoH. Hold the faith!

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

There's definitely a chance. There's got to be some reason for that episode and I think the math says that if they want a second Double Eviction someone has to come back in.

Weirdly, the math says that they need at least one more person to come back to even justify this last Double if they stick with the usual endgame schedule.

Season 17 had 17 total houseguests + a buyback, and 2 Doubles
Season 16 had 16 houseguests + a buyback + the reset, and 2 Doubles
Season 15 had 16 houseguests + a buyback, and 2 Doubles, but was one week shorter than 16, 17 and 18.

Season 18 really only has 15 houseguests since Glenn wasn't eliminated so early. With only one buyback, they can't afford any doubles (unless there is a reset, a change to the endgame schedule, or some other twist).

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I think a good way to fix the idea for future seasons and also solve the need-a-Sunday-comp problem is have a Sunday comp where the top 2 or 3 finishers in that comp are "nominated" for America's Care Package and the audience votes from Sunday night to, say, Tuesday night in the house.

The only reason the one-per-houseguest rule is in place it to prevent the same person from winning it every single week like the MVP. Tying the voting options to a comp prevents that, unless the most popular player can win that comp finish in the top 2-3 in that comp every single week. Limiting the number of options in the vote also prevents a fanbase from inadvertently splitting their vote across multiple people and letting someone win a package with like 15% of the total vote (something I fear may happen this week).

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I missed the explanation, what's the difference between the small and large bowls?

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

They mentioned something about recaps to catch up. I still don't know what that means though.

Yeah, that part is really ambiguous and is a deal breaker for me. If the recaps are just handwritten summaries by some intern and they have to squeeze an entire week's worth of Big Brother into a single hour long episode each week then the episode will be packed with 2 competitions, 2 ceremonies, and an eviction. There will be essentially be no room for strategy, and more importantly there is no room for Diary Room segments which are pretty important to these shows.

On the other hand, if the recaps are short 10-15 minute episodes with Diary Rooms, then I think this format could actually be pretty fun. It's a bit counterintuitive but I'd actually waste less time on this silly show if there were short well-produced 10 minute recaps every night that I could just watch before I go to sleep, instead of checking in on badly written reverse chronological Reddit posts at various points throughout the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Did Day cast the wrong vote?? From the moment she walked on stage she kept dropping hints that she wanted Paul to win and was literally cheering during his speech. I was actually upset for a few seconds when I realized Day was the last vote Julie was going to read, because I thought she had telegraphed her vote so obviously that it ruined the suspense.

Anyway, a fittingly close vote for two strongish players. Paul probably had higher highs throughout the season, but he also made more mistakes. And while his speech was better than Nicole's, his answers to the questions were just as bad if not worse. His answer to the first question about his vulgar language was particularly terrible. It has such an obvious answer: that, at times, he was deliberately playing up the most offensive parts of his personality for strategic reasons (like the wacky plan to keep Victor over Corey at the first Final 7 that almost worked) and he apologizes for crossing the line at times. I don't know if it would have changed anything, since the people most offended by Paul either voted for him (Bridgette, Michelle) or were locks for Nicole anyway (Natalie). The only person who might have been swayed was maybe Day.

Also, did anyone get the sense that there was some fight backstage involving Michelle right before the show? She seemed visibly annoyed for the entire live portion of the show and even seemed snarky at Julie at one point when she was reading her question.

ETA: Of course, nitpicking Paul's answer to the vulgar comments question is missing the forest for the trees. Had he just taken James he probably would have won easily, and he doesn't really have any excuse for making such a stupid mistake other than clearly never watching a season finale of Big Brother before.

mancalamania fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 22, 2016

• Locked thread