Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I didn't watch live for both episodes, so I typed this up while watching Wednesday's. I watched all of the tv intros, then went back and watched all of their interviews on the website before watching the rest of the episode. Some of them are really different from how the show portrayed them.

Natalie – Humble, so humble. I don’t have much of an opinion on her, I don’t really like her but compared to the other women she’s more middle of the pack.
Paulie - I didn’t watch 16 so I don’t know who Cody is. The show didn’t mention it but he also owns an entertainment company, according to his interview, so he’s the ultimate bro. He doesn’t seem to bother me as much as most bros do, though. For now. Talking about his family won me over a little. Oh wait you’re a jersey boy who likes the Patriots nevermind.
Bronte – Jesus A Christ. If you’re a “mathematician” who can’t do even basic math in your head and need a calculator for everything, you’re not really a mathematician. STOP TALKING ABOUT MATH OMFG. Her strategy is to use “behavioral science”, she’s only seen one and a half seasons. I’m not going to be able to handle her at all.
Victor – We get it dude, you like putting your penis in vaginas. His bio mentions it being difficult to not know what’s going on in the presidential race. But it also mentions still keeping his stuffed Elmo with him <3 I’m not normally into muscular guys but ugh Puerto Ricans. I would definitely sleep with him and partially regret it.
Zakiyah – BB really seems to go for the stereotypical fierce black women. She actually seems pretty chill in her interview, I like her.
Corey – One of his favorite activities is “getting sick bro pics” and he would bring a “samurai sword, so everyone knows who the boss is.” The sleepwalking will be interesting. He seems incredibly dull.
Glenn – Love this dude. I think he’ll go pretty far but not win, like most “older” guys, unless there's some sort of twist that screws him, which is probably what will happen. He likes Frankie Grande though.
Bridgette – Like her a lot.
Jozea – What would you take to the house? “I’d take my body to win the physical challenges, my mind to be smart to win the show, and my clothes to have something to wear.” I think that says it all. What’s with all the name tattoos this season?
Michelle – Nope. Though she seemed a bit better in her interview.
Paul – Helllll yes. Victor doesn’t even exist with Paul around. I have a feeling this is going to be an unpopular opinion.
Tiffany – Loved Vanessa so. Her voice sounds just like hers, which I also like.

I think I hate Bronte the most, I cringe every time they show her.

Thoughts during the first episode:
Dude Michelle you’re nothing like Paul wtf.
“Boogey down Bronx” has quickly become something I hate hearing.
Are we sure Tiffany isn’t actually Vanessa?
…. Solve our security issues with prime numbers?
LOL the love music with Corey talking about Victor.
Yes Bronte being a mathematician is how you know there are guests missing.
I don’t know who Nicole is since I didn’t watch 16. I wasn’t a fan of James or Da’Vonne. I think I watched 14 but this Frank person doesn’t look familiar at all.
Jozea just seems like a really terrible person.
Paul’s team sucks.
So of course they’re have nots.
Competition: Uh Day what were you expecting from Paul? It’s not like he hid his personality from you.
Why the gently caress is Day even here
Like has she ever watched this show before
I think I hate Day more than I hate Bronte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Brendan and Rachel just had a kid. Jeff and Jordan are married and expecting. Danielle Donato and Dominic have been married for a couple of years. I think that's it. I think Liz/Austin and Hayden/Nicole were together until recently but really don't know for sure.

I hate myself for knowing this much.

According to the interviews for this season, Jeff and Jordan are still engaged; he said so during his Glen interview. How the gently caress does Jeff still have a job with CBS? He's dumb and terrible and needs to stop the spray tan.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Adora Borealis.

Adora Borealis.

This is a joke, right?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

I...I don't...You know what? Insane bearded men need love too so I won't judge.

Hahaha I knew this was going to be an unpopular opinion. James from BB9 is probably my favorite player ever, if that helps this make a little more sense.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Arcanen posted:

This isn't true. Many brilliant mathematicians are terrible at mental arithmetic since it's not required for formulating theorems and proofs, or performing statistical analysis (the typical activities of mathematicians). Arithmetic on a large scale will always be done via a computer, and on a small scale it's often quicker to whip out a calculator anyway (even for those who're good at mental arithmetic). It's honestly really unfortunate that western mathematical education (at the primary and secondary levels) emphasize arithmetic; it's really not that important and gives people a false view of what math is. It also results in a lot of people deciding they "hate math" because they aren't strong in a skill that isn't really required to be a mathematician/engineer/etc anyway.

So her being like that doesn't indicate that she's not a good mathematician. It's also important to remember that production tells people to emphasize these traits in their introduction videos (which is a reason why I hate the self introductions so much; it's basically "stereotype yourself really heavily please!!!"). That said, I don't think SAT/ACT tutors really do that much math anyway, but I'm guessing she's trying to get into grad school.

She's also freaking adorable.

But not knowing 9x9?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

The Corey commenting about guys thing is my second favorite thing about this season so far, given he's a homophobic southern frat boy.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Your intuition is always right... that's why you've suspected half the house. And all of which have been wrong.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

That was a weird edit.

Bridgette and that group actually said way worse stuff and mostly about Michelle and Tiffany. The real stuff they said was ugly and vicious and justifies the Fatal Five being upset. I guess BB didn't want to make the other side look too bad but it kind of made the Fatal Five seem overly sensitive.

I have no idea how they find footage of Paul talking that they can air on tv without censoring it. It's serious art.

Seriously, the edit is really weird tonight. They have so much stuff to use and they're going with this?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Does Josea really believe the poo poo coming out of his mouth

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Britt Burns posted:

Paul is nuts and sooooooper sensitive - I can't believe he got so butthurt over "girl talk" and James.

For him I think it's largely the stress of everyone constantly talking. He puts up this big loud-mouth front but at his core, he seems to be a sensitive guy who wants everyone to like him. Being trapped in the house can really do a number on you. Not that his reaction was okay, but he's otherwise not come across as a MRA type dude. Josea constantly eggs him on, too.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

God I love Julie's questions. She's clearly trying to show him all the stupid mistakes he made and it's going right over his head.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe. He completely trusted her and was pretty much banking the votes on that. Her and Z blindsided Jozea hard and cold.

Was it really a blindside, though? I didn't feel that they ever really acted like they supported him, he just seemed to think they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

A tiny taste of why no one really likes Victor.

In the bit right before commercial when they walk away from the picture wall (I've never understood everyone watching the picture change), several HGs were saying it was one of the best speeches ever.

• Locked thread