Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

bathhouse posted:

Can James take away his own vote? Can he do nothing at all? Between pleasing Paulie and not pissing off the rest of the house he's in a tough spot.

He can't take away his own vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Sooooo, happy.

That could have actually been harsher on Paulie, for sure. According to the HGs he went after Michelle during that pre-DE fight and hit her with a door (bad enough that Corey said he thought he'd get evicted for it) and in general it was longer and harsher with James (but it wasn't on feeds so who knows?). Bridgette said she was a feminist and he repeated ranted about that being the same as racism. He had a bunch of huge rants about how he was just the victim of a double standard that men are judged worse than women and a whole MRA thing. And they cut out the stuff Nat was really angry about that Meech told her - that Paulie was constantly calling her a "Jersey girl" like a "gold digger" since Week 1, had been claiming he had real life stories about her that were so bad he couldn't tell them (Paulie's recent ex who he proposed to but she rejected him is a friend of Natalie's and he's a coworker with one of Nat's closest friends, a cheerleader named Tiffany who was on Amazing Race), and he orchestrated a house obsession with the guys about Nat's boobs and would make jokes about "FT"s (Fake Tits) in front of her to make her look stupid.

But there's a never ending well of things that could make Paulie bad because he's been doing it all season and the show hasn't shown any of the nastiness from him or his cohorts. That edit did a good job of giving the basic narrative of how things went and covered the big fights and Paulie's terrible behavior.

I'm just speculating, but they may have had to beat around the bush with some of that stuff because of the PG rating. The people who don't watch or keep up with the feeds still walked away with the impression that Paulie is a garbage person, and it didn't necessarily require a rundown of every single horrible thing he said to hammer that point home.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Eb posted:

Well that was a whole load of nothing. I guess the rumors were true, CBS has obviously been paid off by Big Calafiore.

Were people expecting an hour long tumblr post?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I find it hilarious that they used tight camera shots to edit Paulie out of the Carnival

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I respect Nicole's game since it appears she's actually going to blindside Meech instead of the James method of telling the person getting evicted the morning of.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
The shorter season will also hopefully lead to a sense of urgency and less lying around all day

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Paulie didn't have to take it to that level, but I imagine the jury house has been nonstop passive aggression by Michelle and Day.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

I'm guessing that house is absolutely toxic to Paulie but he's created that atmosphere for himself all season. You may have noticed that Day, Meech, Nat, and Bridgette had matching necklaces that said "Courage", "Strength", "Genuine", and "Powerful." It very much seems like the dynamic that Nat, Meech, and Bridgette started in the BB house by calling out Paulie's misogyny has continued into the BB house where Day has championed it. And Z seems like she's fallen back on ostracizing herself with Paulie just as she did in the BB house.

Meech and Day aren't innocents. They're poo poo stirrers and are known for being emotional and combative. But they nailed Paulie when they called out he didn't have Z's back and only stands up to women. That's what set Paulie off because he's a misogynist and a bully. And he showed there like he did multiple times in the house that he gets off on making women lose their composure, so I'm sure he makes plenty of comments himself as he did all season. He couldn't have been happier that he made Day lose it and look bad and he couldn't hide his self satisfaction. Its the same thing he did with all the women in the house (besides Nicole, who he repeatedly said "knew her place").

And its a big part of why he was so scared of Bridgette because he could never actually break her.

No doubt Paulie is a garbage person, and even though she was much more confrontational to Paulie, I think Day was more innocent in this than Michelle. Da'Vonne may be more blatantly combatative, but Meech actively looks for confrontation just to have something to do.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

patonthebach posted:

Yup, we all knew Paulie was emotional and could be an rear end in a top hat, but its really showing a new, ugly side to Da'Vonne.

Paulie and Da'Vonne both know how to bring out the worst in each other (or as Paulie would say "make each other feel a certain kind of way.") It seems like she's been making digs at him since he came to the jury house which is understandable considering his behavior in the house, but he's been feeding right into it by his reactions. He's a garbage person but the "you're setting a great example" line didn't bother me as much as it bothered other people. I don't know if it's because it's only like 7th at worst on the list of awful things he's said or if it's because the whole "I'm doing this for my daughter" prior to friendship suicide killed my sympathy in that regard.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Da'Vonne said that Paulie only gets in womens' faces, but did any of the men confront him? The closest I can remember was Paul gently telling him he was going home the week he had his breakdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
As soon as DaVonne said she didn't want Paul to finish 3rd I figured it was because she didn't want to have to choose between James and Nicole.

• Locked thread