Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
How can anyone not love Da'vonne, she overplays so hard, and is so smug, she makes for great TV and interesting feeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tide posted:

Wait. I missed the premiere episode but looking at the cast list online it looks like all new players. What am I missing here?

James the asian cowboy
Momma Da'vonne
Nicole with the glasses
and Sid Vicious' son Frank

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

I'm on the fence about investing the time to watch BB this year. How was the premiere?

Too early too tell for me, I think tonights episode will determine the answer for me...

lol jk im gonna watch the poo poo out of this and follow hamsterwatch/Jokersupdate/STACgoat all summer no matter how poo poo it is

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Eb posted:

I certainly think the guy should be kicked out of the house for saying human being in a tweet four years ago. Ideally everyone on reality TV should be bland and generic with no opinions or personality. DO THEY EVEN VET THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE?!

You can be interesting, unique and have opinions and personality without using homophobic slurs, but the rest your your point stands, and I won't hate on the guy for saying stupid poo poo on the internet 4 years ago

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Eb posted:

I thought half Asian as soon as I saw her, but I'm not 100% sure why.

As opposed to 100% Asian or not Asian at all? Shes asian as gently caress

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
alliance names are the best (even though they are almost always the dumbest alliance name ever)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

thexerox123 posted:

It's about as stupid as calling yourself the dragon slayer.

only if he was calling himself that ironically

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

thexerox123 posted:

Are you saying that Team Unicorn was named ironically? Cause I don't think that's true.

maybe ironically isn't the right word, but they know they are being goofy, coach was all serious about being the dragonslayer

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

So, the difference between doctors and nurses is that doctors diagnose and nurses treat. So they do have to memorize and learn a lot, but the job doesn't really involved critical thinking.

I watched Nurse Jackie and cannot disagree with you more :colbert:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I posted this in the other thread but will post here too, Asiina is running a forums Big Brother game (First prize $75)

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3783722

they are usually pretty fun, and can get pretty intense, you should consider signing up.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

TyrantWD posted:

Going back on the deal with Bridgette was the best move for James. He is going to have 1 furious survivor of that duo left in the house, and he scored points with everyone else other than Natalie.

except James is on the outside of the power alliance right now, and is just doing their work for them and weakening his chances to form a counter alliance

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
People are speculating it will be on CBS all access only, along with the new Star Trek series in order to drive viewers there

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

bagrada posted:

They could make a legit chenbot host, they wouldn't need an actual person standing around for the live shows. They could run it year round, with bonuses for how long you can stay in and awarded by evicted houseguests, with enough twists and shakeups to ensure one established team can't just sit there kicking out all the newcomers.

I wouldn't watch it, but I'd skim STAC Goat's summaries.

If they changed the format to this it wouldn't even be the same show, it would be some lovely paradise hotel game with less attractive people. I have to imagine it would be the same format just not during the summer. Julie Chen would probably be involved since pushing the CBS All Access platform is a huge goal for CBS moving forward, and Chen is pretty invested in CBS's success

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Teek posted:

As punishment for Brexit, a Frankie Grande class warhead has been dropped on the UK Celebrity Big Brother house. There were no survivors.

https://twitter.com/89razorskate20/status/758759520302669825

:barf:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

But then the prizes could have been dealt out to people we like early enough in the game go make a difference instead of being things that just paint targets on the few popular players before unpopular ones get powers when they're ghe only options left.

I may be a little bitter, but I totally agree that these would have made more sense early in the game and I feel like they're just something they just thought of to try and fix the season's problems. They're also giving away a free month of feeds to people who cancel, which makes it sound like a lot of people were canceling (I know I was considering). The signs seem to point to them trying to salvage things.

They offer the free month all the time I think, I know this isn't the first time I went to cancel and got a free month.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Teek posted:

More on Season 19 on All Access this fall:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-moves-fall-cbs-915090?utm_source=twitter
http://deadline.com/2016/08/big-brother-season-19-fall-cbs-all-access-1201796972/

Still not "official" yet. Nothing about it being the new permanent home for BB. Nothing about any prize money difference either.

The first article actually says it is confirmed from a reliable source that this will not replace the Summer seasons on CBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Well they are going another direction with All Access, basically making it into CBS-Netflix where they can put original programming, rather than airing it on network TV. Its sort of just a general trend in how people watch their shows, and CBS is trying to get ahead of it to stay with the times so they don't get lost in the shuffle as more and more people watch less and less cable TV.

• Locked thread