Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eb
May 6, 2003
I certainly think the guy should be kicked out of the house for saying human being in a tweet four years ago. Ideally everyone on reality TV should be bland and generic with no opinions or personality. DO THEY EVEN VET THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eb
May 6, 2003
Anyway, I find the selection of new players quite disappointing. Can't see any real big game players amongst the men. Maybe more potential with the girls but nothing super interesting. I guess we don't know their entire potential yet tho so there could be hope.

And hopefully old Frank will stick around for a while, Category 4 (why did they pick that name again?) is certainly my favorite team and boy is Big Sister a trainwreck.

Edit: I can't believe Frank is just 32.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Of course it matters, we have a quota to fill!

I thought half Asian as soon as I saw her, but I'm not 100% sure why.

Was it confirmed that Jozea is the gay one? They had me for a tad with the "I hate gays" guy dreamy music bit, which would have been funny, but then he was just looking for a bromance so I guess not.

Eb
May 6, 2003
I think the episode turned out pretty well, would rather have seen Natalie or Michelle gone than Bridgette but what can you do. At least some more people are realizing they are playing a game now. Should be pretty interesting how stuff plays out from here. Paulie looked pretty shellshocked the whole episode.

ToastyPotato posted:

In a word, yes. Assuming they show it. If they water it down, it is because his family, who has already been defending him online, asked them to, which is bullshit, because his actions were enough to cause a bit of a stir on twitter, and that was just feed viewers watching some late night poo poo.

Well, wearing a sombrero is enough to cause a stir on Twitter, and while he's probably a bit of a tool I'm sure most of the Paulie stuff is the same overexaggerated fake outrage stuff you'd normally see there.

Eb
May 6, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

There is nothing over-exagerrated about the reaction to how he's behaved the past few days, unless you subscribe to the "lol everyone is so sensitive why can't people just be hateful assholes like the good ole days without someone crying about" way of thinking, in which case, Paulie would probably love to have a beer with you.

Nah, just looked it up and from what I've seen it's the usual minor stuff that causes Twitter outrage. Like he and Natalie were in a group and had a relatively calm argument about Zakiyah and then he said Natalie had fake tits? That's literally nothing, especially compared to whatever apparently went on earlier in the season. Of course inside the house it helps their game to milk it for what it's worth, which is great, it's just the constant whining like it's the end of the world whenever someone expresses a dumb opinion I find annoying.

Edit: I guess those are technically spoilers I dunno

Eb fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 12, 2016

Eb
May 6, 2003
Well that was a whole load of nothing. I guess the rumors were true, CBS has obviously been paid off by Big Calafiore.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Totally unconfirmed but the current rumor is that Les Moonves has a huge gambling debt to the Calafiore clan which goes a long way to explain the positive edit. A few kickstarters have been started to help pay off the debt so that CBS can finally show the real monster that is Paulie Calafiore. Might be worth a shot to throw a couple of bucks at it.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Yeah I was just kidding really but I like the fact that it's not that far from something these people would come up with. It just amuses me how much pull people think the Calafiores have.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Compared to Davonne Paulie is a scholar and a gentleman. I hope she never sees the inside of a BB house again.

Eb
May 6, 2003

violetdragon posted:

Literally on the same page as your post:

Hey take a crack at this sentence: "Compared to serial killer Albert Fish, Davonne is a scholar and a gentleman".

I can assure the thread I hardly find this Paul Calafiore much of a scholar at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eb
May 6, 2003
My main objective with the season was that it was just way too ableist. Literally not a single houseguest was confined to a wheelchair. I had to check my calendar to see if it was still 2016 and I hadn't fallen into a time warp back to 1954.

• Locked thread