Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7wYUH4l7OY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

one of the all time greats

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

This should always be billed as a double feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydFQSU4szOM

Note: "I Eat Your Skin" is actually horrible, but it made for the best double-feature trailer ever.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Waitaminute? Severin Films has done things other than Birdemics 1 & 2???

(Also seriously, can we hurry up and get a Birdemic 3 already?)

Severin is great. In addition to Santa Sangre, they put together a blu release for Hardware, which is a beautiful claustrophobic sci fi movie.

Right now, I've been watching and re-watching both Raw Force and Gone with the Pope.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

InfiniteZero posted:

This should always be billed as a double feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydFQSU4szOM

Note: "I Eat Your Skin" is actually horrible, but it made for the best double-feature trailer ever.

Ironically, there are no clips of I Eat Your Skin in the trailer, largely because it's a black-and-white movie from 1964.

edit: full movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJk5DWDU9Ao

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

im gaye posted:

Severin is great. In addition to Santa Sangre, they put together a blu release for Hardware, which is a beautiful claustrophobic sci fi movie.

Right now, I've been watching and re-watching both Raw Force and Gone with the Pope.

I've had Gone with the Pope on my watch list for a bit now and still haven't gotten around to seeing it. I've heard it is phenomenal. Is this something I should bump up the list or is it only worth watching when I get around to it?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Windows 98 posted:

I've had Gone with the Pope on my watch list for a bit now and still haven't gotten around to seeing it. I've heard it is phenomenal. Is this something I should bump up the list or is it only worth watching when I get around to it?

It meanders a fair bit, but Duke Mitchell is a real pleasure to watch. He dives head-first into a movie that is a lot of fun despite the fact that it aspires to something way beyond common sense, even for an independent gangster flick.

edit:

I also want to take this opportunity to plug for The Sadist, which is one of my all-time favorites that seems to remain criminally under-viewed by horror and exploitation fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hecaE89__-8

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 28, 2016

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
You also want to see Duke's earlier MASSACRE MAFIA STYLE, which can never live up to it's opening scene, but is still a lot of fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz9YqMrTBCo

A few other recommendations from Friday Night Flicks of the past few years:

THE NEW YORK RIPPER-Really grimy piece of Italian exploitation. Feels like a film from the nihilistic mid-70's, actually released in '82!-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5U7F0NJ1RQ NSFW due to gore and.. well, being Italian

FIRECRACKER-Shot in the Philippines martial arts/revenge flick. Two (or is it three? Does the hyphen count?) words: Topless Kung-Fu-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HtNLxkUHe0

TNT JACKSON-ALSO has topless kung-fu, and one of the least likeable heroines I've ever seen. Worth a look after two or three beers.-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRS7Bxx_62s (The whole movie is on Youtube, Blaxploitation trailers are always worth it for the narration alone)

Distorted Kiwi fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 29, 2016

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

girth brooks part 2 posted:

I just want to throw in my recommendation for this collection. It's probably some of the best $5 I've ever spent. Some more recommendations from it, not all of them are exploitation films, but they're all wonderful trash:

Another great one on it everyone here should watch is Future Hunters. It opens up in the year 2025 with the world being a typical Mad Max future shithole with armored cars with guns on them and stuff. The film opens with Richard Norton kicking rear end and hunting for something in the desert just outside of Los Angeles.

While being pursued and wounded by assholes, he finds it! In a deserted chapel he finds the spear of destiny! The spear that killed Jesus was in an old chapel built in the 60s like 20 miles outside of Los Angeles this whole time! He reaches out to grab it and...

...Richard Norton and his pursuers are suddenly in the year 1989 (this movie was made and released in 1986 so I guess it still technically takes place in the future). There, he kills his enemies but dies of his wounds, living just long enough to warn a couple on a road trip that in his future, one evil dude got the spear of destiny, making him the tyrant of the whole world. So this couple takes the spearhead and goes on a quest to find the other half of the spear before that happens.

The boyfriend of the couple, SLADE, is played by Robert Patrick in his film debut. And man let me tell you I'm glad he went all out in Terminator 2 because LMAO. He's basically a whiny loser throughout. His girlfriend, played by Linda Carol (Reform School Girls, Carnal Crimes) is generally the spearhead of their mission. Fortunately her dad is super wealthy and before he died was researching............THE SPEAR OF DESTINY! So for reasons they travel to Hong Kong to meet Bruce Le (incorrectly credited as Bruce Li in the film, an ultimate irony as they mixed up their Bruce Lee impersonators) and the movie is briefly a kung fu flick, then they get pursued by the bad guys a lot who are environmentalist neo Nazis lead by a bald guy that wants to euthanize the planet because if everyone on earth is killed including themselves then that's great because pollution will stop. His second in command is played by the guy who played Thorg in Gymkata.

Eventually the action moves to east Asia with situations involving a tribe of little people, an Amazon tribe, and "the Huns." The movie's soundtrack is a mix of knockoff Indiana Jones March and 80s action movie electronic stuff.

Both of these images are from the same movie:

I'm not really doing it justice, it's a very enjoyable movie and you can watch it all on Youtube. :)

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Neo Rasa posted:

Another great one on it everyone here should watch is Future Hunters. It opens up in the year 2025 with the world being a typical Mad Max future shithole with armored cars with guns on them and stuff. The film opens with Richard Norton kicking rear end and hunting for something in the desert just outside of Los Angeles.

While being pursued and wounded by assholes, he finds it! In a deserted chapel he finds the spear of destiny! The spear that killed Jesus was in an old chapel built in the 60s like 20 miles outside of Los Angeles this whole time! He reaches out to grab it and...

...Richard Norton and his pursuers are suddenly in the year 1989 (this movie was made and released in 1986 so I guess it still technically takes place in the future). There, he kills his enemies but dies of his wounds, living just long enough to warn a couple on a road trip that in his future, one evil dude got the spear of destiny, making him the tyrant of the whole world. So this couple takes the spearhead and goes on a quest to find the other half of the spear before that happens.

The boyfriend of the couple, SLADE, is played by Robert Patrick in his film debut. And man let me tell you I'm glad he went all out in Terminator 2 because LMAO. He's basically a whiny loser throughout. His girlfriend, played by Linda Carol (Reform School Girls, Carnal Crimes) is generally the spearhead of their mission. Fortunately her dad is super wealthy and before he died was researching............THE SPEAR OF DESTINY! So for reasons they travel to Hong Kong to meet Bruce Le (incorrectly credited as Bruce Li in the film, an ultimate irony as they mixed up their Bruce Lee impersonators) and the movie is briefly a kung fu flick, then they get pursued by the bad guys a lot who are environmentalist neo Nazis lead by a bald guy that wants to euthanize the planet because if everyone on earth is killed including themselves then that's great because pollution will stop. His second in command is played by the guy who played Thorg in Gymkata.

Eventually the action moves to east Asia with situations involving a tribe of little people, an Amazon tribe, and "the Huns." The movie's soundtrack is a mix of knockoff Indiana Jones March and 80s action movie electronic stuff.

I'm not really doing it justice, it's a very enjoyable movie and you can watch it all on Youtube. :)

Agreed. I've motored through this box set a few times and some of my other faves are Hands of Steel, The Alien Factor, and Top Line. Top Line has maybe the best chase scene ever.

However, the flashback sequence in It's Alive! will make you pray for death.

Thirsty Girl fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jun 29, 2016

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Distorted Kiwi posted:

THE NEW YORK RIPPER-Really grimy piece of Italian exploitation. Feels like a film from the nihilistic mid-70's, actually released in '82!-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5U7F0NJ1RQ NSFW due to gore and.. well, being Italian

Oh god this loving film. Made by Lucio Fulci, I think it's right up there with some of the most batshit insane films ever. The killer taunts his victims and the cops with a terrible duck impression for reasons that have to be seen to be believed. And even then you won't believe it, it's that loving stupid.

Ok, if we're bringing up Fulci, I gotta call up one of Bruno Mattei's better films...a rip off of Salon Kitty alternately titled SS Girls or Private House of the SS. As far as Nazisploitation goes, it's...something. Mainly because the lead actor, Gabriel Carrara is goddamned mesmerizing both in how much scenery he chews and just how loving intense he is. Also, this happens:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Did you know there was a Japanese remake of John Waters' Desperate Living called LESBIAN COLONY?

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJqDXTPMo1c :nws:

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Neo Rasa posted:

Bruce Le (incorrectly credited as Bruce Li in the film, an ultimate irony as they mixed up their Bruce Lee impersonators)

Ahh, Bruceploitation would be the ultimate guilty pleasure, if I had any guilt about the shitastic flicks I've watched. Best jumping off point on Youtube is Wutangcollection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCtG36aNGHp_H0NNOFr-B-Qg

As most of these flicks are in the "who cares if anyone owns the rights" category, there's a TON out there. Most in terrible, terrible condition, which only seems fitting. An added joy is suddenly hearing clips of stolen music cues. (John Williams seemed to score a LOT of terrible martial arts flicks, and once I swore I heard Toto's "Africa" during a love scene)

They also have a playlist JUST for Bruce-ish movies, currently at EIGHTY-TWO flicks. Not bad, seeing as how Bruce Lee only has 32 IMDB credits. Including TV appearances.

I also have to mention the godfather of stitched-together ninja flick, Godfrey Ho. For years, a man I thought must have been a pseudonym, (the Hong Kong Allan Smithee?) Godfrey shot scenes of ninja fighting ninjas, (often with day-glo ninja outfits and "NINJA" headbands) then edited them into semi-complete flicks. BIGO, here's a ninja film, America! Okay, make that three or four films, as we'll reuse the footage constantly!

THE NINJA SQUAD is a good jumping-off point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP2KzCu6_Vo

Actor Richard Harrison shot "a couple" of films for him, and ended up in so many z-grade flicks he pretty much gave up acting as a result.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

caligulamprey posted:

Did you know there was a Japanese remake of John Waters' Desperate Living called LESBIAN COLONY?

:nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJqDXTPMo1c :nws:

I should be surprised, and yet somehow...

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I watched A Cat in the Brain last night. It was right up my alley, I love splatter films. For anyone out there who loves a good cheesy splatter film as well I highly recommend it. It had a lot of cool stylistic decisions in it, such as ending one scene and beginning another with a similar motion or image. There was a lot of "JUST KIDDING you were really watching a movie inside of a movie" type shots as well, most notably the ending. It was directed by Lucio Fulci so if you enjoy the rest of his work you will probably enjoy this one as well. Thankfully Grindhouse Releasing put out a bluray of it so you can watch in HD goodness. The general gist of it is a horror movie director thinks he is going insane so he sees a psychiatrist who hypnotizes him into thinking he is killing people. In reality the psychiatrist is actually killing the people in the same manner that the director man had put in his films as to frame him (a fool proof plan!). The psychiatrist has no real reason for doing this, in fact the director stumbles into the psychiatrist on a whim to begin with, none of this was premeditated before the director had come in. He basically saw the guy and was like "You know what would be fun.....". It's not quite Dead Alive levels of gratuitous gore and grossness but it certainly tries very hard to gross you out. Oh did I mention the director character is literally Lucio Fulci playing himself... yeah it was pretty great.

:nws: for boobs in the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLwvOZTd1Sg

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 30, 2016

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

I literally stood here reading this with my mind boggled and went "Wait, wait, this sounds like Equalizer 2000? I mean, it's got Richard Norton and Robert Patrick, and that gun Norton's wielding looks like the Equalizer gun, and there's a character named SLADE, but where's this time travel stuff".

I mean, it's pretty easy to confuse that with this...

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Jim Kelly Appreciation Post!

I'm a huge fan of blaxploitation flicks, despite being whiter than an albino polar bear. And as a martial-arts fan, Jim Kelly flicks are always a favourite of mine. Great funk soundtracks, plenty of face-kicking action and Jim himself always gets to be the badass brother.

A couple of recommendations:

ENTER THE DRAGON-An easy one. Yep, it's Bruce Lee's flick, but Jim's great in it too.

BLACK SAMURAI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uggAnUlG8aQ-Directed by legendary schlockmeister Al Adamson, the flick itself is never going to win many Oscars. But Jim is in fine form, bedding babes and breaking faces. Bonus points for a hilariously padded sequence as he chases down the bad guy, running back and forth down more corridors than three episodes of Tom Baker-era DOCTOR WHO.

BLACK BELT JONEShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njrEbNZcydM-Jim's breakout starring role, which concludes with a kung-fu battle conducted waist-deep in soap bubbles.

Joint recommendation-by-proxy-THREE THE HARD WAYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25RdRdiw2Uo-I'm only going on recommendations from the internet here, as this one seems hard to find in New Zealand. (And the Youtube copies are pretty rough-looking. Still, sometimes, needs must!) It's a triple threat, with Jim Kelly, Fred "The Hammer" Williamson and Jim Brown taking on white supremecists who are planning on using the type of posion only found in movies. One that somehow only affects African-Americans. Go fig. Considered one of the classics of low-budget Blaxplo flicks.

On my "to watch" list if I can find better quality copies-Death Dimension, Western Take a Hard Ride and Mr No Legs (I'm going to have to settle for YouTube on that one, right?)

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I have a copy of Mr. No Legs that I believe is the highest resolution and video bit rate that exists. PM me :wink:

PS: I'm going to a midnight 35mm screening of El Topo saturday night and it's going to own!

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 1, 2016

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Windows 98 posted:

PS: I'm going to a midnight 35mm screening of El Topo saturday night and it's going to own!

Hell yeah it will

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I wish Devin Faraci (I know I know) was still doing his write-ups on explotation cinema, because that's what got me to see both Goodbye Uncle Tom and Water Power, both of which are...well they're troubling to say the least.

The former in particular is weird because it's well made, occasionally progressive and then completely morally reprehensible. I think it's ultimately misguided, but it essentially argues that Whitey should be killed for what they did to slaves. It just does it in the craziest way possible (Literally, an Italian film crew get in a helicopter and travel back in time).

Water Power is real, true sleaze. It's a loose retelling of the true story of the "Enema Bandit", who forced college girls to have enemas. I guess it's technically a porn movie? But those scenes are so perfunctory and flat that it's really obvious that Shaun Costello (Director of DEEP THROAT) had no interest in them. It's hard to get hold of and rarely seen (Even the IMDB board for it only has 8 posts in total) but it's always the first thing that comes to mind when people talk about exploitation movies.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 1, 2016

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

DrVenkman posted:

Water Power is real, true sleaze. It's a loose retelling of the true story of the "Enema Bandit", who forced college girls to have enemas. I guess it's technically a porn movie? But those scenes are so perfunctory and flat that it's really obvious that Shaun Costello (Director of DEEP THROAT) had no interest in them. It's hard to get hold of and rarely seen (Even the IMDB board for it only has 8 posts in total) but it's always the first thing that comes to mind when people talk about exploitation movies.

Gawd, I couldn't decide how this would be sub-categorized: is it sexploitation? Assploitation?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

It's got veteran porn star Jamie Gillis, I'm pretty sure that makes it count as a porn movie.

But, I never knew there was an actual "Enema Bandit". How hosed up.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Gawd, I couldn't decide how this would be sub-categorized: is it sexploitation? Assploitation?

Sounds like good ole classic American hosed-up porn.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

Easily the most vile exploitation movie I've seen to date is "Addio Zio Tom" aka "Goodbye Uncle Tom" (1971)

What makes this one so tough to watch is less about what it is depicting (the horrors of american slavery) with how it actually got made:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addio_Zio_Tom

wikipedia posted:

The film was shot primarily in Haiti, where directors Jacopetti and Prosperi were treated as guests of Haitian dictator Papa Doc Duvalier. Duvalier supported the filmmakers by giving them diplomatic cars, clearance to film anywhere on the island, as many extras as they required, and even a nightly dinner with Duvalier himself.[1] Hundreds of Haitian extras participated in the film's various depictions of the cruel treatment of slaves, as well as white actors portraying historical characters (including Harriet Beecher Stowe).

So what you have here is a sleaze bag Italian movie about american slavery involving hundreds of Haitian extras forced to act in the movie by threat of their own lives from Papa Doc himself. So in summary: haitian citizens were forced into literal slavery to cosplay as american slaves for a bunch of sleazy italians. Easily the most morally offensive thing I've ever sene. Watch at your own peril:

:nws:

trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dxd5T4Gjw0

full movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBZRTEj-uks

Young Freud posted:

I literally stood here reading this with my mind boggled and went "Wait, wait, this sounds like Equalizer 2000? I mean, it's got Richard Norton and Robert Patrick, and that gun Norton's wielding looks like the Equalizer gun, and there's a character named SLADE, but where's this time travel stuff".

I mean, it's pretty easy to confuse that with this...

Equalizer 2000 is great because because it has this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuVL1LKY8Xk

I like how they bus in a woman to bring some coffee just tone down the overt homo-eroticism just a tad.

G-III fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 3, 2016

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Young Freud posted:

It's got veteran porn star Jamie Gillis, I'm pretty sure that makes it count as a porn movie.

But, I never knew there was an actual "Enema Bandit". How hosed up.

I guess technically it is, though I believe Costello said that he couldn't get to make the movie without porno (mob) money.

It is also, surprisingly, really well made.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe
The Losers a.k.a Nam's Angels is free on Amazon Prime right now. It's a biker movie set in the Vietnam War about a gang known as The Devil's Advocates that's been tasked with rescuing a C.I.A. agent from the Chinese using custom built murder cycles. It was most famously featured briefly Pulp Fiction as the movie Fabienne is watching in the hotel room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9iJC1ITGg

The Devil's Advocates gang also feature in this movie:

Which I will never watch because nothing could be as amazing as that poster

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

The Losers a.k.a Nam's Angels is free on Amazon Prime right now. It's a biker movie set in the Vietnam War about a gang known as The Devil's Advocates that's been tasked with rescuing a C.I.A. agent from the Chinese using custom built murder cycles. It was most famously featured briefly Pulp Fiction as the movie Fabienne is watching in the hotel room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu9iJC1ITGg

Yo I didn't know that was Jack Starrett/William Smith joint! Sold.

I need to rewatch Run, Angel, Run and Hollywood Man sometime. I don't remember liking them, per se, but there's just something about their whole vibes.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

True but don't let it stop you. Or at least, just the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nQDGTli3uc

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

G-III posted:

Easily the most vile exploitation movie I've seen to date is "Addio Zio Tom" aka "Goodbye Uncle Tom" (1971)

What makes this one so tough to watch is less about what it is depicting (the horrors of american slavery) with how it actually got made:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addio_Zio_Tom

So what you have here is a sleaze bag Italian movie about american slavery involving hundreds of Haitian extras forced to act in the movie by threat of their own lives from Papa Doc himself. Watch at your own peril:

trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dxd5T4Gjw0

full movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBZRTEj-uks

I've had this on DVD for years but I didn't know any of that......crazy stuff

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

More grindhouse and sleaze recommendations, this time from an annual 24-hour movie marathon held in my city.

(Most trailers NSFW)

I've been attending since 2002, and was made a believer pretty much the moment the first flick played that year. REVENGE OF THE CHEERLEADERS-(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnub-E7JgvI-Stars a VERY young David Hasslehof as "Boner". 'Nuff said.

LADY TERMINATOR-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr_E3H7K5Sg Shot in the Philippines, it's an insane rip-off of THE TERMINATOR, with added explosions, nudity and awesome mullets. Fantastic fun after a couple-three beers.

GUYANA. CRIME OF THE CENTURY-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfTU79PmNHQ-What's that, world? You want an exploitation-style account of the tragic Jim Jones Peoples Temple mass suicides? And you want it in the theatres less than a year after the actual event? Step up Rene Cardona, Jr. He also had a Jaws-sploitation flick out the same year as JAWS itself. Impressive.

VICE SQUAD-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO0egOKsm1Y-Wings Hauser goes more nuts than usual, playing a sadistic pump in a sleazy crime flick where the cops are pretty much as bad as the crimials. Not a date flick.

FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH0aKfbm8q0-Really tough watch, this one. Ultra-racist prison escapee takes an African-American family hostage. Bad things happen. Reputed to have caused a riot in Harlem movie theaters on release.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Posted it in the horror thread after Purge-talk reminded me of how off-the-chain it was.

DEATH RACE 2000!!!!!!!!!!

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

K. Waste posted:

Posted it in the horror thread after Purge-talk reminded me of how off-the-chain it was.

I have watched that movie too many times to be legal.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

K. Waste posted:

A few goons forced me to watch Death Race 2000 because I am pretty stubbornly anti-car movies. But I was very, very, very wrong. It owns. It owns so hard.

spacemountain
Apr 10, 2003

Great thread. Here are a few more links that might be of interest.

Wrong Side of the Art Loads of high-res exploitation posters here.

88 Films and Arrow Video Good source of Blu-Ray and DVD grindhouse films for UK viewers.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fQYy9CXcMs
Night of 1000 cats is worth it just for the scenes of him dicking around in the helicopter.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Suitably wrecked trailer for one of the first Grindhouse revenge flicks I ever saw, MASSACRE AT CENTRAL HIGH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPxu_mXi-A8

Ran across it on late-night TV one weekend. Despite it being the late 80's, I don't recall it being edited the way prime-time flicks were handled. (ROBOCOP was butchered for it's initial TV screenings)

In the same vein, with added New-York-is-a-Hellhole themes-MS. 45 is pretty brutal, even now.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GObRvQexOmI

Also recommended, Fred "The Hammer" Williamson in VIGILANTE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWMw5XXwxxY

Then there's THE EXTERMINATOR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gShljATscOM, which was almost too mean-spirited to enjoy for me. Your mileage, etc...

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Suitably wrecked trailer for one of the first Grindhouse revenge flicks I ever saw, MASSACRE AT CENTRAL HIGH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPxu_mXi-A8

Ran across it on late-night TV one weekend. Despite it being the late 80's, I don't recall it being edited the way prime-time flicks were handled.

What I really love about Massacre at Central High is that Bully copied most of its central themes up to the point I'm pretty sure that Rockstar copied a bunch of their character designs from the movie.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

In the same vein, with added New-York-is-a-Hellhole themes-MS. 45 is pretty brutal, even now.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GObRvQexOmI
But goddamn the soundtrack is dope as gently caress. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugy9tzE6IcU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

From a few Fridays back, SSSSSSS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnasfM3UtDc) gets a big thumbs-up from me. It's out on Blu-Ray thanks to Scream Factory, and manages to both be grindhouse-y (Mad science! Snakes! Dirk Benedict!) and surprisingly well-made at the same time.

Wheras DRAGON FORCE turned out to be one of the most ineptly fun-filled Bruce Li flicks I've stumbled across. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK5dmnmnJZM). Bruce actually gets to not be a Bruce Lee clone, Bruce "Acting? Never heard of it" Baron stars, after playing ninjas in Godfrey Ho movies, and the villain looks like Brian Blessed in the wrong aspect ratio. Locking this one in for my next Birthday Movie Marathon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Ran across it on late-night TV one weekend. Despite it being the late 80's, I don't recall it being edited the way prime-time flicks were handled. (ROBOCOP was butchered for it's initial TV screenings)

Also recommended, Fred "The Hammer" Williamson in VIGILANTE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWMw5XXwxxY

Then there's THE EXTERMINATOR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gShljATscOM, which was almost too mean-spirited to enjoy for me. Your mileage, etc...

In Exterminator 2, the whole "light guys on fire with a flamethrower" becomes just a daily thing he does before going and having a few drinks at the bar.

• Locked thread