Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Mysticblade posted:

I hear Sweden gets holidays during the summer since they don't get much sun during the rest of the year.
As a swede I can attest to this. If someone would try to remove Midsummers Eve as an inofficial holiday the entire country would have such a bloody riot that even the french people would have a hard time to match it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So Aya was supposed to be the figurhead for this series? I have to admit that it's really nice to see that she is far from the usual demure waif that these kind of games tend to have as the canon choice but boy, did they go way off in the other direction instead with her personality.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, the art is pretty awful. When Princess Maker 2 looks better in the art department than your game then you've made some really bad choices.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Why is Aya so neverendingly terrible to everyone holy cow. Is her role in this game just to make everyone else seem more likeable and interesting by comparison? Because it's kind of working.
It will never cease to amaze me that the developers really felt that she was "flagship" character material..

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

Very few writers can do Tsundere well - Aya is just the most extreme. Sad thing is, I can kind of get why she's so upset - it does kind of scan as Kiku taking control of her project, and she never did like Rena even if it's for stupid reasons, but she just handled it in an extremely childish and nasty matter that wins no favors.
Add to the fact that this is pretty much how she reacts to pretty much anything that goes against her, except when she's mocking someone. Yeah, I understand that the devs were probably going for some kind of tsundere with Aya but overshot their mark completely.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Well, I have to admit, that was kind of unexpected.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

the price isn't that bad given I've seen what shoddier VNs being sold at, it just really lacks QoL mechanics this game sorely needs.
Itīs also in dire need of better art.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, how long will it take for Rena to fold reality enough times to turn into a Tanuki?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

You can see the germs of a good game under all the jank, just it really needs a lot of QoL improvements to make the looping mechanic less tedious to actually play through.
It was also in dire need of better artwork. A lot of the stuff looks like it was placeholder art in many places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I know that Iīve been bitching about Aya a lot in this thread but does she improve anything on this path?