Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008

If I'm remembering right, this picture actually has that panic timer you were saying you didn't remember earlier. That circle behind the guy is showing how long you have to answer the question before you just stammer out something dumb instead. I forget if it's just the noncommittal answer that you picked anyway or something totally different, though.

I tried this game out but these raising sim games where you have to juggle stats just aren't my thing. I figured out a way to use Cheat Engine to rig the stats and managed to see a couple endings, but it was still really tedious to me so I only ever saw the two. Looking forward to seeing what I missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Haha, I never saw that fortune telling scene when I played this game. This game sure likes foreshadowing it's batshit endings in strange ways. That makes so much more sense when you've seen Suzu's ending. Poor Rena, picking the worst possible person to demonstrate on.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008

Mysticblade posted:

I took a look at that and it seems like more of a cheat engine to modify stats than something we can really use to dig into the game. Thanks, but I don't think it'll be much help.

Speaking of the LP Curse, my computer actually needed to do a disk check on boot today. Apparently it didn't turn off right. It's fine now but I've backed up my game files to an external HDD. I was actually thinking whether the LP Curse had come for me or not. :v:

Cheat Engine can be used to modify stats, yes. It's what I used for changing things in this game, but it's a bit hard to get to work on this one because the stats aren't exactly the same as what you see. I don't remember the details but I remember having to play with it for a while before I figured out how to get things to change. Maybe I'll poke at it again and see what I can find out.

It won't let you actually dig into the game files but if you keep a save before exams, it would let you change your stats and see what effect that had on your grades. Unfortunately, I'm not good enough at using Cheat Engine to actually set up a table, so every time I started the game up and wanted to change something I had to find the values again manually. It's not that hard if you know how the numbers work but it takes a week or two in game to do it.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
I've been doing some poking around with Cheat Engine and I've figured out how to find and change the six school related stats and the physical and mental stamina. If anyone else is interested in messing with it I can give more details later, but for now I'll just mention that the six stats are actually 100x what you see. So, for example, if the number says 6 and you're exactly halfway through the bar, your actual stat is 650. Stamina goes from 0-10000. I also noticed while making changes and testing whether I had the right values or not that talking to Setsuko in your room costs you a tiny bit of both types of stamina for some reason.

I started testing the first loop exam to start trying to figure out what stats you need to get which grades. I've only run a couple tests so far, so I don't have a lot of data yet. What I've figured out so far is that even without spending a single point of XP in any of the main four stats or any quirks, it is literally impossible to fail the first exam. I locked my literature stat at 0 and still got a D. I haven't found the exact point where the grade changes from a D to a C, it's somewhere between 150 and 175. I'll run some more tests in the next day or two to try and get more information.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that the reason I bothered finding the stamina information at all was so that I could lock it at max so it wouldn't cause variations until I was ready to check how much it affected things. I was planning to do a bunch of testing about how stats and stamina affected the grades, which is why I was going to get the specific break point. After sleeping on it, though, I think I'll wait on the more detailed tests until later because the obnoxiously long event where Satsuko goes to school with you is popping up between the exams and the results for me.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Did another set of tests tonight. For the first cycle exams, a character with no XP spent at all but maxed stamina gets a D with a 0 or a 1 in a stat. The range for C is 2-14, then it's every 10 points. 15-24 is B, 25-34 is A, and if you have at least 35 you get an A+.

I did one other test, where I spent XP to raise the Intelligence stat to 5. I did the exams with a 21, 22, 23, and 24. They were all still B, so it looks like the intelligence stat doesn't change the target numbers.

I still plan to get a bit more in depth with stamina changes and a few other things but that'll probably wait until the second term exams in cycle 2, assuming there's not another long tedious event that gets in my way there.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
I doubt this will be a surprise to you, but the stat requirements for the first term tests on the second cycle are the same as the first. Did check a couple other things quick. The exams do check your stats at the end of the week like you thought. I gave myself a 14 on Science/Math and picked that activity to get over the B threshold and it did get me a B. Also, I decided to check if the devs were thinking outside the box a little and if the better memory quick changed the grade requirements(I mean, you've already seen these tests, right?). Unfortunately, bumping that up a level didn't change anything.

Probably going to be a bit before the next set of data. Have a bit more game to get through, a bit less time the next few days, and I'm planning on doing testing on how Stamina affects grades. I'll let you know when I've got more for you.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
It's a bit later than I intended, but I finally have the grade requirements for the second term exams for the freshman year. I still couldn't get an F with maxed stamina. 0-12 got a D, 13-24 got a C, then it went back to 10 point increments. 25-34 was a B, 35-44 was an A, and 45+ got an A+.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Yeah, the lack of a skip function is inexcusable in a game that expects you to see the same events over and over. That's one of the main reasons I only ever managed to get through two endings even though the endings are actually interesting. The rest of the game is just tedious after a while. If I had to guess I'd say the developers just didn't want you to miss the little differences that come from your character remembering he's seen something before, but there's so many of them that never actually change that really should be skippable.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Suzu and Rena are the two I've seen before so I'd rather not see them both in a row, personally. Seeing what's up with Yui would be interesting though. Or yeah, getting Aya out of the way might not be a terrible idea.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Hmm. On the one hand, I'd like to see you try for Yui because the two endings I saw on my own were Suzu and Rena, but if you think it'll be difficult it might be better to go for Rena now and wait to try for Yui later. Yeah, I'll just vote for Rena, this game gets repetitive enough without making you try for something that's likely to fail. Besides, if I remember right, finishing Rena's route gives you a bonus for future routes which will make things a bit easier.

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
I did wonder what Yui's deal was. She's the only one in the game that seems to notice that things aren't quite right. Unfortunately, the lack of text skip and my own impatience made it so I never found out, so I hope to learn through this LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakumo
Oct 7, 2008
Interesting. Yes. That is certainly a word you can use to describe what's about to happen.