Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
First of all, thank you, OP, for sharing this weird, clunky, wonderful game with the world.

Second, I want to point out that Aya's dialogue shows she has a negative relationship with her parents - when they're not scolding her, they're dumping a bunch of responsibilities onto her. That doesn't excuse her being a bully, but it explains her insecurity and desire for attention. Still, the writers screwed up by putting her bullying of Rena front-and-center. There's nothing quite like bullying for making a character into someone an audience will love to hate.

E: Also I'm pretty sure Aya has an undiagnosed learning disability, probably ADHD or something similar. Again, doesn't excuse her bullying, but it would explain why she's so "flakey" and bad at school.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm really torn for who is the worst, between Hiroshi and Aya.

Hiroshi is manipulative and sexist in addition to being a bully, while Aya is just a bully. He's got my vote.

See also my "Aya has a lovely home life and probably an undiagnosed learning disability as well" post on the previous page. Hiroshi seems to have a loving family - at least from what we see of Rena - is good at school, and is popular. Yeah he's peaking in high school and that's sad, but that's not a good reason for him to punch down at people like the early-game player and Kazuki. Aya deserves some slack, Hiroshi doesn't.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wait, Ackbar and he mistook Goon for a girl - is that the worst "trap" joke I've ever loving seen?

Yes. It's gonna get worse from here.