Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The LP inspired me to play this before it dropped off the face of the earth entirely, and in my experience the hardest route is the one you wouldn't even think is that hard. Goddamned Naoko! I even had a cycle I was focusing on her turn into a Kiku route at the last second, simply because I had enough Lit for Kiku to like me more than Naoko. Even though I'd gone on zero Kiku dates. I think that's what makes Naoko hard - she doesn't have any stats she likes, as far as I can tell. Everyone else seems to have a lot of affection boosts just from having high stats. Naoko just has going on dates with her and making sure Kazuki likes you. She also doesn't seem to get as many events as the other characters, for whatever reason.

On the non-spoiler side, my mouse hates for all the clicking I had to do. I like what the game was trying to do, but dear god did it need a more competent devteam. Or at least one that could program a skip button into their game focused around a repeating cycle.

Pine Bamboo Plum posted:

Can't we just skip Aya? I don't know how that girl can have friends when she's so consistently terrible to them. That science lab scene was the first in a long time with her that didn't have her putting someone down. :mad:
And just think, she was supposed to be the flagship character. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
From my own run, Naoko actually seems to like the beeswax most. Not that it matters a whole hell of a lot on a Suzu run.

Also, you get an astonishing amount of leeway with your grades, as this set of grades from my final run shows. I didn't get a talking-to by Satsuko until that second all-B exam, and still got away with another one afterwards. Keeping Fashion and Popularity as dump stats makes it really, really hard to do poorly enough to get sent back.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
No, we need the full experience. Goon-kun must learn that life is suffering. :unsmigghh:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

SSNeoman posted:

Christ how the gently caress does this game not have a dialogue skip button???
There's a reason it flopped so hard you can't even buy it anymore. :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Also most VNs let you skip until you come across new dialogue. Doing that would have let you see all the little differences without having to sit through the same Obon/Christmas party/etc 5 million times.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Shira Oka: There is always more and it's always weirder.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Also hoping for a Rena run, although apparently most people want to go Lit instead of Art for that.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Shira Oka has some good ideas that despreately needed an editing pass and a better set of game mechanics behind it all.

e: I honestly don't mind seeing other characters when you're angling for someone else's route, since a lot of VNs act like everyone outside your route ceases to exist(or punishes you for interacting with them if they're available) once you pick one. But it doesn't jive very well with being expected to use up time for those events that you could be using for the all-important stat grind.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 9, 2018

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The saddest thing about this game is that it'd probably be okay if they added basic QOL stuff like "fast-forwarding through already-seen text"(especially in a game that's about repeating the same few years over and over) and had a few more editing passes on the script. They clearly tried to do a lot as best as they could, they just did too much for their team to handle.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
It's also okay to do the occassional shorter-than-normal update if you know you need to get something out but aren't up to doing a full update. Some content is better than no content.

quote:

Cashmere being a rich people thing explains why I've never heard of it.
Cashmere's expensive since it's a type of fine wool. Sweaters made of it are usually ~$130 at their cheapest(dipping to $60-70 if you catch a good sale). I'm not sure I'd call it a rich people thing, but normal people aren't exactly going to have a wardrobe full of it either, and it's definitely out of the price range of most teenagers.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I've seen worse art than that in other VNs. The art here is just slightly wonky instead of anatomically impossible.

It's still not great, but it's tolerable.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Robindaybird posted:

yeah there's VNs on steam that while technically more proficient, I find much more appalling to look at because the artist was clearly designing with one hand so to speak.
Fun game: Browse through steam VNs and try to figure out how the women's spines work.

And by fun I mean cringe-inducing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Seraphic Neoman posted:

The non-committal responses are especially bad for this section loving hell.
"Just ignore them."
(one week or w/e later)
"I think Kazuki's not actually sick and he's intentionally ignoring the entire world! :ohdear:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Mysticblade posted:

: I'm too short to reach, but if you can get up there, it might lead out... You should try it the next time the guards leave.
Pretty sure that portrait was supposed to be Kazuki.