Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Holy poo poo does the opening actually have karaoke subtitles? That's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Serious Paranoia Agent vibes here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

dmboogie posted:

Aw, geeze. I actually remember playing this around when it first came out, until the repetition got to me. All I can really remember is thinking that was Hiroshi was a huge piece of poo poo so I guess I'll look forward to seeing how accurate my memories are!

I am not a fan of him thus far.

he has a thing for his sister doesn't he? i never played this game but were going there arent we?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

dmboogie posted:

Intelligence, because I remember exams being a pain in the rear end in this game.

Sounds good to me!

The game might wanna front-load a lot less characters. I can deffo see what you mean by it trying to imitate TokiMemo.

quote:

What really fascinates me are the engineering principles related to architecture. I wish they would cover more of that in high school classes.

Engineering students are a blight.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So you know what gets me about this game? Nothing loving comes from this (at least so far). Okay, we get to be a butt to Hiroshi, that's its own reward, but there's no magical hijinks or misunderstandings. Just "HEY I'M SATSUKO!" x20

There's nothing like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwnNy6MRa8

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRO3JypdZXs

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh interesting. So there are like stat checks and you can basically keep at it till you're good enough. Neat!

Do people get hit by buses a lot in Japan or something? I see this exact scenario over and over. Like Konosuba had it (or well a parody of it)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

How to be good at high school: have precognition.

they're not wrong

quote:

Get hosed Hiroshi :fuckoff:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Okay that was cute. This game's growing on me.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Art with Alice, let's piss off Hiroshi.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

jesus

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Also really Satsuko? Aya isn't much of a friend? She's friendly to everyone!

Christ this is why people can't stand relationship meters in VNs. Especially invisible ones.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think the thing that surprises me most is that Goon has a family.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Let's go for luck, our art seems fine for now.

Is there a maximum Hiroshi-into-woodchipper run?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Aww so there's nothing we can do to dunk on Hiroshi?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"sweetheart"?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Cleaning your school on a Saturday does sound like the worst, agreed.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Why the gently caress are you of all people giving us poo poo about this?

Alice knows what's up :ocelot:

And does Kiku give everyone at her party poo poo for their clothes? I cannot imagine we are wearing anything truly offensive, but the rest of them have super casual clothes so what gives?
Shira Oka I know you wanna be Tokimeki but not all of those ideas were good or made sense.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Rest > Meditate - Holy hell, this basically doubles your physical and mental stamina and boosts your recovery rate on top of that. to like 2.5x. If there's any one upgraded action you want, it's this one. When the event with Rena and the butterflies in this update triggers, if you have maxed Luck, it'll trigger another event in a month or two where you can start training. Rena really is helpful.

Yeah the rest are good but this one's amazing. We should go with Rena next route then.

Will we have enough XP to max out luck by then?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Can we at least pick up the 12 XP cost one soon?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well if we get a shitton of exp for reaching an end, I guess there's no point in hoarding it for one quirk. Though we got two super trainings this cycle so at least things should be easier next loop, right?

I guess shove it into our vital stats, since we probably need high stats to even clear this route.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I guess we'll just hope for the best. If we can get more XP or super studies this loop will still go well.

I guess Rena's route should be next since you get so much good poo poo from it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So essentially quirks go debuff-neutral-buff? So having determined wouldn't let us complete that school cleaning, but it would stop us from like being late on dates?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Can I vote to increase our stats as you see fit and then put off points for determined

Attentive can probably wait.

probably.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh hey Alice is into us! Nice!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Wow Aya go gently caress yourself.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Mysticblade posted:

Pretty sure they gave up on that. I remember hearing that they were planning on making another VN about Alice coming to Shira Oka and meeting her penpal, Hiroshi.

Wow. I am sorry Alice. I am so so sorry :(

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"Sing-a-song"? Come on devs that's just lazy.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

If it was made in Renpy it would be fairly easy, but if it has a unique engine, I dunno :(

http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=529516&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30&sid=e4f3011c058be79110cca4c6a5675b72 does this thread help you in any way? It's a poor sub for actual code mechanics, but it might help you getting the exact values for grades.

Or get a back-up if you get slammed by LP curse :v:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 30, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well we're doing good so far. We have like a year to go, right?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Aaaaaaalmost...

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

We should stay the course. Get XP, fix quirks and Alice is growing on me. I guess I sorta sympathize with her. Immigration can be rough.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

How much exp do we have now? Can we stop being late for dates yet?

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 15, 2016

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Man this game is so inconsistent. Hiroshi's a dick to Yui, Kasumi's suicide and so on.

I guess they'll explain it in their routes but from the outside it looks like we're just spending our high school years with bad people.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ugh yeah let's grab that perk which stops us from being late, christ that was painful.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The VA was decent but that animation...ooof. That's roooooough.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What do our stats look like right now? Can we afford to stop being late to dates yet?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I sort of got from people's winkwink nudgenudge that there would be some supernatural elements in this game but earthquake-causing music was a new one.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What would be better to pick up, Determined or Charmed? It doesn't seem like a lot more dates are in the cards, so maybe we should prep for the next route!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

I have literally never seen another VN do this. All other VNs take an extra step to show when scenes take place at night (lit up store fronts and whatnot) I never saw people just shade the whole thing and call it a day.

quote:

I was expecting the gag to be that it was a giant net launcher but no this thing actually fires heated metal. One of the many weapons and items not fit for this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:psyduck:

I guess that's where most of the money went.