Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
Well, I tried running you 340 KB PNG through optipng and didn't manage to reduce its file size at all, so I think it's alright for you to keep using JPGs if you're worried about throttling people on bad connections.

If you're REALLY worried about that and you don't want to ask peeps to post several times to push the next update to a new page, though, you could put each individual SSLP update behind an LPix Test Poster link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Eh? I thought the whole date-sim filled with dead ends was fairly common in Visual Novel type games, actually. Time travel and reincarnation are extremely overused plot devices across the whole genre as a result.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

She seemed nice back when she was first introduced, if only because she randomly approached you and served as a secondary info dump.

Mechanically speaking? It looks like she's the character that you can always fall back on, so she represents a lack of specialization all around by being a slacker who hates doing anything other than goofing off, I guess? With a side-order of "rubs every other character the wrong way" just in case you managed to burn your bridges with everyone other than her somehow.

Usually the genre just uses the ol' "childhood friend" card for that sort of character and doesn't make them unsympathetic with every other character you meet, but it looks like Shira Oka's apparently making her seem unappealing on purpose? Kind of a "you were a boring jerk, so here's an equally boring jerk as a prize" deal.

Or something, I don't know. :shrug: