Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
Hey, a Shira Oka update! I was wondering when another one of these was going to come out. I was reading this for quite a while back when I was still just lurking, glad to see I got a chance to chime in on the thread. I don't know why I find this game so interesting, but I do.

Needless to say, I enjoy this LP quite a bit.

kirbysuperstar posted:

The Hiroshi blame really is just out of nowhere, huh? I mean he's a dickhead but..not like that?

"Hey, Goon, someone stole my pencil."

"Hiroshi must have stole it!"

---

"Aw it's raining."

"Hiroshi must have done it!"

--

"I can't see the stars tonight. Where are they?"

"Hiroshi must have destroyed them!"

"Goon, there are no words."

But in all seriousness, that was kind of out of the blue. I don't think he's ever been mentioned stealing anything before, That and Aya's sudden older siblings made this an update relatively full of surprises, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Mysticblade posted:

Hi, sorry about the delays between updates.

Anyway, with my job sorted out and my new PC built and running, I should be in the clear to update again. I've actually got a small update like half done but that'll be coming later, not tonight.

Neat, I've been looking forward to another update on this. It's not a good game by any means, but it has this awkward sort of charm as result of all of the jank and it not being for sale anymore.

I'm sure it's better to read than it is to play, though. I'd imagine that charm would disappear if I had a chance to play it for an extended period of time.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Robindaybird posted:

I guess since I've played early Hanako Games (which had some pretty bad art) I don't see it as quite as needed, especially for an indie game.

Yeah, for me art's not nearly as important as the gameplay/narrative. I know the stuff for this game was done by volunteers and it's safe to say I can't freehand draw much better, so I'm not that bothered by it.

Don't get me wrong, great art design is always good to have, but I don't typically expect indies to have great art. Sales-wise, it probably hurt given how the general market was at the time, but this game was really aimed for a niche market in the first place.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Mysticblade posted:

It's been like 3 months since the last update, sorry about that. I lost my job 2 months back and I lost any semblance of schedule I had with it. I've sort of pulled myself together but man, I miss being able to split my day into work and not work. Hopefully I can get an update done in January and we don't need to wait for 2022 for me to finish this route.

Wow, a Shira Oka update? It's all I ever wanted for Christmas!

It's always really nice to see one of these.

McGavin posted:

Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you haven't given up!

:emptyquote:

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm really torn for who is the worst, between Hiroshi and Aya.

They're both really just so terrible. Just when you think one of them has claimed that crown, the other comes by to take it back. At least we can still avoid their routes for now if we want.