Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Rad Valtar posted:

Also Draymond is a bitch made bitch who can suck on some nuts now.

Uh he was maybe the second best player in the series and was the obstacle who LeBron had to overcome to prove his greatness you shouldn't be rude. Draymond's an incredible player and if the rest of his team had performed like Dray did in game 7 GSW would have won by 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Ross Angeles posted:

yeah but he's a dick puncher

LEBRON JAMES, THE GREATEST NBA PLAYER OF ALL TIME, DEFEATED THE GREATEST REGULAR SEASON TEAM OF ALL TIME, THE STATE WARRIORS, LEAD BY AN INSCRUTABLE DEFENSIVE JUGGERNAUT NO-HOLDS-BARRED DICK PUNCHER

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

PantsFreeZone posted:

i love that my posting history shows that i was smarter than all of you.

The post history where you said Cleveland would never ever win a finals because the Miami titles were all Pat Riley's doing and LeBron had abandoned his only ace in the hole ?

The only person here with an unimpeachable posting history is the guy who said Steph Curry was an overrated system player, not even the best player on his team, even when everyone laughed at him ... ... ...

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Mehrunes posted:

I don't understand basketball (or really professional sports). Why do people see these special rules that one person gets to play by as legitimate?

It's been argued fairly convincingly that LeBron, as with the Jordan Rules, gets substantially fewer fouls called FOR him because it seems to have very little rebound effect when people slam into him and he keeps freight-training forward. His superhuman athleticism allows him to keep moving through contact and finish a play where a normal human would have been knocked to the ground and had to wait and see if the ref wants to blow the whistle.

Have you ever seen an NBA player collide with a normal sized human like a ref or a fan? They look like a house is falling on them. He shrugs off that kind of contact with no whistle multiple times a game.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Jack's Flow posted:

It was always fun to focus on Shaq on the court, because the amount of punishment he received and dished out was just ridiculous.

Absolutely. Shaq got assaulted and would carry several men to the rim with him. I imagine Wilt was the same except fighting in basketball was different and he was allowed to hammer back if it got too blatant.

oh man look at all the contact LeBron punches through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUMlLgrwzF0
Also holy cow LeBron is the greatest
plus I'm super glad that people finally kinda respect Draymond Green as the Best Warrior

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
That wasn't Jordan but God In The Form Of Michael Jordan who was eliminated in the first round by the Boston Celtics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Mehrunes posted:

Yeah the idea of "enough mass to plow through everything in the way" is just not a thing I can accept as any kind of athleticism. I don't know anything about Jordan Rules at all. Like I said I just have the wrong mindset for this.

Ohhh sorry, fell into jargon there. The "Jordan Rules" is a phrase referring specifically to the Detroit Pistons defensive strategy against Michael Jordan when they met him in the playoffs in the late 80s/early 90s, and more generally to a defensive strategy of trying to beat the heck out of the best player on the opposing team. It's not an enforced a set of rules as much as it is a principle of "this guy is real darn good and normal defense isn't going to work so we're going to punch, elbow and kick him as much as possible knowing that a ref will not be willing to call 8 fouls per possession." The game gets more difficult once people recognize you're the best on the court they do everything they can to make your life hard. The Warriors targeted LeBron and the Cavs targeted Curry, it's standard stuff. It's to say that LeBron isn't necessarily initiating the borderline-illegal contact but is ready to push through it when it's thrown at him.

Also hah yeah I mean what's your definition of athleticism if bigger, stronger, faster and better-coordinated isn't it? He's beating the game at the highest difficulty setting.

• Locked thread