Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I can't get enough of this game. I spent my life savings on it and then quit my job to play it full time. So far I haven't stopped playing the game since it was released and haven't eaten since it dropped (also I can no longer afford food). Soon I'll have to live on the streets and sell my body to continue to afford to play it or steal off people's exterior power outlets to allow me to continue to play.
I love this game. 15/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i suddendly got Might No. 2 and laughed for too long cause i am a literal child

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

What was wrong with pillars

I thought a lot of the writing fell flat, the setting was underutilized, and that the non-casting classes were fairly boring, despite the promises that they were be more involved than in older infinity engine games. Fighters, for example, just were super boring. When you say a class is going to be more dynamic and they have so few abilities, and only can do damage in a few ways, it's bad, especially when I felt like I was doing more in BG2 or IWD with those classes. I could go on, but I'm a dumb nerd and this is the mighty no. 9 thread.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

What was wrong with pillars

not as good as peoples' memories of being 12

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i enjoyed risk of rain which was apparently a kickstarter game

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Here op this is the link to the final boss and the ending of this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCIrHWzXoE

spoilers: it's poo poo

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

this looks insanely fun

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

whopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhopwhop

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

It's real bad.

Buca di Bepis posted:

not as good as peoples' memories of being 12

I think the devs felt a bit beholden to their promise of remaking an infinity engine game to the point where it only had some minor improvements over the originals. Could've spiced it up more if they looked for inspiration outside of those games and D&D.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
obviously this all the fault of the lone female community manager they hired a year ago, if only the basement dwellers had sent more rape threats this could have all been prevented

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

lol I'm glad to see that after all of these years game reviewers are still using the 100 point scale. wtf does a 5.6 even mean anyway. just give it 1-5 stars. it's a video game, not your kitchen's health inspection.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

tankadillo posted:

lol I'm glad to see that after all of these years game reviewers are still using the 100 point scale. wtf does a 5.6 even mean anyway. just give it 1-5 stars. it's a video game, not your kitchen's health inspection.

sk3l3tor
Aug 15, 2014
I came here to post about my sexuality

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

sk3l3tor posted:

I came here to post about my sexuality

It doesn't really matter how elaborate your sexuality is if you never practice it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
If only I'd donated to the kickstarter, they might have had enough money to make a good game. I really dropped the ball here, guys. I'm so sorry.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

whats with all the goddamn talking, what happened to just going into the boss room and fighting the guy

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Applewhite posted:

If only I'd donated to the kickstarter, they might have had enough money to make a good game. I really dropped the ball here, guys. I'm so sorry.

god damnit you monster el spider was right to ban you

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

subhuman filth posted:

this looks insanely fun

hm, could use more challenge. Maybe increase the boss health a little, so it takes 20 minutes to kill instead of 13?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Why the holy gently caress does the second form take over 10 minutes of repeating the exact same pattern over and over?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

lol omg I'd heard the game was garbage, but now I see the comments were too kind. What a shitfest. This looks like something that would come out for N64. One of the bad games for N64.

I can't believe they made this instead of porting Mischief Makers to the PC.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
four

million

dollars

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

four

million

dollars

to compare, three hundred thousand

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXDiQrgI6M

The game looked better after one week than it did after three years.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I'll never say which one but a game journo at a major website confided that there was a bug in the review build where opening the challenge mode deleted your save. Now that it's out idgaf :V

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

four

million

dollars

Four million dollars straight up someone's nose.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

why did anyone think it would be good?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Because I wanted to be Megaman when I grew up and I can't grow up until Megaman is real.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Brannock posted:

Why the holy gently caress does the second form take over 10 minutes of repeating the exact same pattern over and over?

maybe he's using the worst weapon or something? some people intentionally do things the most tedious way for the "challenge"

just giving benefit of the doubt though, maybe its always like that

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Parallax Scroll posted:

maybe he's using the worst weapon or something? some people intentionally do things the most tedious way for the "challenge"

just giving benefit of the doubt though, maybe its always like that

I believe it's because the sword makes you invincible so you can cheese that fight.

Edit: Apparently it just allows you to avoid that attack.

Fire Barrel fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 21, 2016

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
You'd think with how people were getting excited by this game that Capcom hadn't released a shitload of mediocre Mega Man games that sold horribly and were loved by no one prior to their murdering of Inafune's employment

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Whatev posted:

You'd think with how people were getting excited by this game that Capcom hadn't released a shitload of mediocre Mega Man games that sold horribly and were loved by no one prior to their murdering of Inafune's employment

Turns out the mediocrity was coming from inside the Inafune the whole time!

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Mann posted:

obviously this all the fault of the lone female community manager they hired a year ago, if only the basement dwellers had sent more rape threats this could have all been prevented

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the final boss is an orb

THE FINAL BOSS IS AN ORB

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Mega Man 3 had a boss named Hard Man

That was the peak of Mega Men

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Dr Wiley (Penis) needs to create 8 new robot masters to murder all videogames forever

anyone got any ideas

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
why did i watch all fifteen minutes of this dumb tedious boss fight

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Luxury Communism posted:

why did i watch all fifteen minutes of this dumb tedious boss fight

work on your pattern recognition

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
someoen link to the like an anime fan on prom night thing

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Putty posted:

someoen link to the like an anime fan on prom night thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YngbHOz--oc&t=55s

Line at 1 min

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Putty posted:

Dr Wiley (Penis) needs to create 8 new robot masters to murder all videogames forever

anyone got any ideas

has there been a freeze man yet

• Locked thread