Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

so i went to school for a bit in TN (two different elementary schools) basically the teacher would order you to go out in the hall then hit you twice with the paddle and you'd have to go back in the classroom in tears. of course the kids they meant to intimidate with this punishment got worse at home and would just laugh it off. i feel it really depended on the teacher/principal if you got paddled or not and of course your parents could opt out of the whole thing.

one thing i do remember is the "electric paddle" which was this mythical punishment all us kids believed in (probably made up by the faculty). like if you were super bad in class you got the dreaded electric paddle. The electric paddle rumor seemed to be at different schools as well after talking to an indie band from TN who named their trip the Electric Paddle Tour. At their school it was thought to be a paddle had an electrical cord that would plug into the wall so it would zap you when you got smacked with it. Ours was more elaborate, an actual old school electric chair that you were strapped into with the seat part missing so you would get paddled while the chair shocks you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread