Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im cute
Sep 21, 2009

i think beating kids... is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

Legal corporal punishment. Have any of you people, after leaving school and becoming an adult, ever met a teacher?

They are not usually the kind of people I'd trust with anything, really

A lot of women in the field. Especially early childhood educators. Just can't trust 'em tbh

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

RoboFrance_29 posted:

I thought the way to make kids behave was to embarrass the poo poo out of them.

The answer is to trick the parents into doing all the freaking out and beating for you, like the classic "ma'am your child bit me. I'm sorry to say this, but I have AIDS..."

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

argondamn posted:

As one of the 38,000 in Mississippi I'd say I got paddled maybe ~50 times between Jr. High and Highschool. I went to a real small school where they didn't bother with things like detention. They'd make you stand outside class or write lines or some other dumb poo poo. Getting sent outside meant the teacher was tired of your poo poo but didn't care enough to actually send you to the principal. You just prayed that none of the coaches or the principal would be walking the halls at the time because they would without a doubt paddle you.

I remember for a while in 8th grade they literally had a rule where if you failed to turn in homework you'd get a paddling. One day one of my teachers did a real lovely job telling us we had homework and so the next day none of us had any idea what she was asking for. So naturally she sent the entire class except for like 4 girls to the principal and he paddled all 20 or so of us in rapid fire fashion. I was next to last and he actually broke the paddle on me and let the other kid off. I was kinda pissed.

All in all it was pretty cool and makes for some neat stories.

dude stop i can only get so erect!!

• Locked thread