Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I think it makes sense to use corporal punishment on retarded kids. Usually they have a lower level of understanding or reason, so appealing to their more primal instincts has a higher level of efficacy. It's like trying to reason with a 3 year old. I've seen parents try it, and it always fails. It has been proven time and time again that you must speak to the children in a language they understand, and depending on their mental capacities the most effective language might be a swat on the rear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I don't see how people get away with beating kids. It's essentially aggravated assault and battery with a weapon and in a lot of states with stand your ground laws children could legally kill people dishing out the punishment.

Because the kids are the instigators by being disobedient, ergo the people dishing out the punishment are technically the person standing their ground. Let's not pretend that most of these punishments get handed out willy nilly. Odds are, these kids had it coming.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
How is this thread still going when it has been proven multiple times that corporal punishment is the easiest, quickest, and most effective way to discipline children? Why are there so many people that hate facts? I bet the people who are against corporal punishment also think vaccines give autism or evolution is just a "theory". Lol

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Lichy posted:

some people want their children soft and supple

Soft in the same way spoiled fruit is soft, aka SPOILED TO ThE CORE!

• Locked thread