Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

AfterFather posted:

Aw yeah, time to bring in NCAA rules.

every team required to run college spread offenses, no i formations allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This Madden is gonna be the same as all the others. Lots of broken poo poo, money plays, tons of online cheese, a few things no one ever asked for, dropping things people liked, retarded AI and a line of people around the block the block to buy it anyway. A glorified roster update.

I hate this loving game and have for some time now even though I love football. It's motto should be "EA Sports: It's in the Game Eventually". The gameplay always deteriorates into something that barely resembles actual loving football. I posted about it in the PYF "Broken Games" thread somewhere around this page:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773100&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

This game has been broken for over a decade, but why fix anything if people pre-order it like lemmings every year anyhow? A fresh coat of paint on an old jalopy every...mother...loving...year. Can't wait to stand in line. EA doesn't even care and why should they?

The same posters here lining up to buy it will be the same ones clamoring for patches and fixes 2 weeks after its release when it's entirely broken and cheesers figure out the exploits. The glitches, freezes and online quits are bad enough without getting into the rest of it.

Seriously, and sorry, but what do people like about this game?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BiggerBoat posted:

giving each other meltdowns in goon leagues

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

This Madden is gonna be the same as all the others. Lots of broken poo poo, money plays, tons of online cheese, a few things no one ever asked for, dropping things people liked, retarded AI and a line of people around the block the block to buy it anyway. A glorified roster update.

I hate this loving game and have for some time now even though I love football. It's motto should be "EA Sports: It's in the Game Eventually". The gameplay always deteriorates into something that barely resembles actual loving football. I posted about it in the PYF "Broken Games" thread somewhere around this page:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773100&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

This game has been broken for over a decade, but why fix anything if people pre-order it like lemmings every year anyhow? A fresh coat of paint on an old jalopy every...mother...loving...year. Can't wait to stand in line. EA doesn't even care and why should they?

The same posters here lining up to buy it will be the same ones clamoring for patches and fixes 2 weeks after its release when it's entirely broken and cheesers figure out the exploits. The glitches, freezes and online quits are bad enough without getting into the rest of it.

:razz:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

I like this post from 2008

Oberst
May 24, 2010

SA Forums User BiggerBoat: MADDEN IS poo poo ITS BEEN poo poo FOR YEARS WHY CANT YOU SEE IT STOP DRINKING THE KOOLAID SHEEPLE INDIVIDUAL RECIEVER ASSIGNMENTS ARE NEVER COMING BACK EA CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS *self immolates*

Me: so vision cones are back??? gently caress

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I play for the gritty realism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAs9sJEAs8

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Same reason I play 2k MMR dota2. I hate myself and love punishment.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Saw there were a bunch of posts and figured people weren't that excited over the post marketing did about new equipment in the game...

BiggerBoat posted:

Yep, that's why I put in 60hr weeks every year, to poo poo out the same thing with just a roster update.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

real_scud posted:

Saw there were a bunch of posts and figured people weren't that excited over the post marketing did about new equipment in the game...

I didn't know that post came out, and i just went to read it. It's actually something that is going to calm alot of angry nerds wanting new helmets and equipment.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
More variation is always a good thing. Players look like robots if they all have the sane models.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

real_scud posted:

Yep, that's why I put in 60hr weeks every year, to poo poo out the same thing with just a roster update.

We'll see if your tune changes when you start your new job. :colbert:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oberst posted:

I like this post from 2008

See what I mean?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dubious posted:

I didn't know that post came out, and i just went to read it. It's actually something that is going to calm alot of angry nerds wanting new helmets and equipment.

Link??

davecrazy posted:

Doesn't explain your masochism, but gives more insight into the extent of it

I looked up what MMR means, dave.....you poor sick bastard *checks ur temp*

Oberst fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 7, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

See what I mean?

Who are you even posting at?

E: Yes PYF poster please explain to us poor brain dead moorans how madden is poo poo; this a revelation none of us has had at all in the last decade. gently caress if only you had shown up sooner I wouldn't have bought madden 11 all those years ago

*busts the door down 10 years after the fact* THE IRAQ WAR WAS A BAD IDEA!! SMOKING IS HARMFUL!! BE CAREFUL WITH THAT YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT

Tl;dr - madden is poo poo, we know. So just call me when nfl2k comes bahahahahahaha

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 7, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

real_scud posted:

EXPLAIN WHY INDIVIDUAL RECIEVER ASSIGNMENTS AREN'T BACK WHERE'D YOU HIDE THE BODIES

Still waiting for my madden x SSX tricky crossover game

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 7, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

Still waiting for my madden x SSX tricky crossover game

This would own.

E: BiggerBoat, I'll buy you Madden so you can join the league and play with us.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Buy me madden instead, I just spent all my money on a ps4 and I'm only sort of a huge piece of poo poo.

For an actual thing, I'm in EU and looking at the threads for the leagues for this last year it looks like it'd be pretty hard for me to get my games in with the times most of them are played, and I don't know what the lag situation is like in a situation like that in madden either. I play with some american buddies in Fifa and it's usually fine, so I'm hoping it'll be fine in madden as well, but the time zone thing seems like it might be a big issue.

You guys have any thoughts on that?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

You can make it work. We've had UK players before.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

do you make yourself eat rocks too?

Yeesh, MOBAs are like the next most toxic community compared to Madden Pubbies (tm)

E: For content, as dave said, we have had quite a few UK players in the past, and lag wasn't ever really an issue. We all play at weird times of the day and scheduling actually wouldn't be that difficult.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Knivbjorn is Scandinavian iirc :norway::sweden:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oberst posted:

Who are you even posting at?

E: Yes PYF poster please explain to us poor brain dead moorans how madden is poo poo; this a revelation none of us has had at all in the last decade. gently caress if only you had shown up sooner I wouldn't have bought madden 11 all those years ago

*busts the door down 10 years after the fact* THE IRAQ WAR WAS A BAD IDEA!! SMOKING IS HARMFUL!! BE CAREFUL WITH THAT YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT

Tl;dr - madden is poo poo, we know. So just call me when nfl2k comes bahahahahahaha

No one. Just chiming in.

Jesus Christ, I never called anyone brain dead for liking the game or called anyone a moron. Calm the gently caress down and enjoy the game. I just notice that every year I check in on Madden threads to see if it's finally good because I'd like to buy/play a good football game and I hear the same old complaints from the same people every year about cheese and broken bullshit. I used to like Madden before the exploits became so common place.

Am I wrong about the AI, the cheesy bullshit, the unforgivable glitches, dumb features no one asked for, money plays and the way EA seems to have turned it into an online card collecting game and micro transactions?

I'm learning not to post in the BvS thread and say I didn't like it, the board game thread to say I like a certain game and I guess this one now. I'm hardly the first person to notice some of the things I pointed out about the god damned game or EA's annual approach to their sports franchises.

Sorry. What I meant to say is that this game rules and I can't wait to buy it and own all you fuckers.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

:henget:

Another longform post about madden you say? You'll fit right in

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Also, I'm teasing you because 3/4th of the posts in the last all madden threads is that same post

MY IMMERSION

Oberst fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 8, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You know that awful animation you get when the receiver isn't looking and the ball warps into his hands without him moving?

That just happened in the CFL, live.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

AfterFather posted:

E: BiggerBoat, I'll buy you Madden so you can join the league and play with us.

I'll take you up on that. You guys will bury me but I won't disconnect or play bullshit style. You'll love me. I'll pad your records.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
Madden feels like the reverse of dota. If you are poo poo at madden most people seem to play relatively normally or at least things go well for you if you play something resembling proper football. But at the elite levels it apparently devolves into gimmicky money plays and nanos and such. Whereas noob level dota was always random and gimmicky and toxic but presumably at high levels people play properly (or at least in the pros).

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Madden 11 owned.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Madden 11 owned.

Yup. Keylo Knowles. Ramey Marales, Chicago Robinson. Either you're neck deep in nostalgia right now or get the gently caress out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Best Madden was the one with vision cones.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

foolish_fool posted:

Madden feels like the reverse of dota. If you are poo poo at madden most people seem to play relatively normally or at least things go well for you if you play something resembling proper football. But at the elite levels it apparently devolves into gimmicky money plays and nanos and such. Whereas noob level dota was always random and gimmicky and toxic but presumably at high levels people play properly (or at least in the pros).

lol there is no elite level of madden. Once this game finds balance and the Madden team starts banning exploits then maybe we'll start seeing good players.

BiggerBoat posted:

I'll take you up on that. You guys will bury me but I won't disconnect or play bullshit style. You'll love me. I'll pad your records.

I'll shoot you a pm

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Volkerball posted:

We'll see if your tune changes when you start your new job. :colbert:
It won't because I know a lot of the guys are already busting their balls getting all sorts of things squared away for patches and also laying out the guideline for what's going to happen next year.

Like a good friend of mine is putting the finishing touches on something people have been yelling about for years. Hell, I was the one who was supposed to do it but because I'm leaving tomorrow it got passed to him. It's come along nicely and I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be over the goddamned moon about it. :ninja:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Oh poo poo linebacker super jumps are gone?!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

real_scud posted:

It won't because I know a lot of the guys are already busting their balls getting all sorts of things squared away for patches and also laying out the guideline for what's going to happen next year.

Like a good friend of mine is putting the finishing touches on something people have been yelling about for years. Hell, I was the one who was supposed to do it but because I'm leaving tomorrow it got passed to him. It's come along nicely and I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be over the goddamned moon about it. :ninja:

Hidden NFL Blitz Mode?!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

real_scud posted:

Is it the announcers seemingly forgetting what happened 3 minutes ago, leading to claims that you "went for it on fourth down but came up short" when in fact you kicked a field goal to take the lead?

Is it AI trading away all of their draft picks and teams like the browns mortgaging their future in the draft?

Is it drafts that take 45 minutes to simulate through if you're a Player in CFM?

Is it the fact that somehow as a player you still called all your own plays?

Is it the fact that no one has any salary cap space 6 years into every franchise and some teams are missing whole positions from their roster?

Or is it a gameplay change, like making it so draw plays actually might occasionally work? Or making it so the linebacker doesn't sit on 100% of slant routes, making them useless?

i hope I hit it somewhere

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
I must be the only person who can make draws work :/

eternity test
Apr 30, 2006

hopterque posted:

Buy me madden instead, I just spent all my money on a ps4 and I'm only sort of a huge piece of poo poo.

For an actual thing, I'm in EU and looking at the threads for the leagues for this last year it looks like it'd be pretty hard for me to get my games in with the times most of them are played, and I don't know what the lag situation is like in a situation like that in madden either. I play with some american buddies in Fifa and it's usually fine, so I'm hoping it'll be fine in madden as well, but the time zone thing seems like it might be a big issue.

You guys have any thoughts on that?

I'm in Sweden (GMT+1) and I played in goon leagues for a couple of years. Most games were lag free and a few were pretty bad but I assume that my opponents just had lovely connections for those. That was on 100/100 fiber internet.

Scheduling games was an issue a few times especially when playing someone on the US west coast, but most of the time we were able to work something out. I think I only had to drop one or two games in the 20 or so I played.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Knivbjorn posted:

I'm in Sweden (GMT+1) and I played in goon leagues for a couple of years. Most games were lag free and a few were pretty bad but I assume that my opponents just had lovely connections for those. That was on 100/100 fiber internet.

Scheduling games was an issue a few times especially when playing someone on the US west coast, but most of the time we were able to work something out. I think I only had to drop one or two games in the 20 or so I played.

Cool, thanks for the info, I'm in Germany, so same time zone. Like I said, I play with US friends in Fifa and lag isn't an issue, so I had hope it would be the same in madden, but nice to get confirmation, and about the scheduling as well.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

AfterFather posted:

I must be the only person who can make draws work :/

:respek: fellow successful draw play user

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Draws don't work against double A gap instant pressure, sorry.

• Locked thread