Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

lol you already have like 3/4 of a team in MUT 17 already :v:

QB: Tom Brady
HB: Marcus Allen
WR1: Odell Beckham
WR2: Corey Coleman
TE: Rob Gronkowski
LT/RT: Laremy Tunsil

SS: Laywer Milloy
CB: Eli Apple
ROLB: Shaq Lawson (lol, he was cheap and I had like 6 of his pieces from packs)
MLB: Daaron Lee
RE: DeForest Buckner

Oh, and I maxed out the loyalty vouchers (10) and get the bonus vouchers for meeting the secret pack opening/games played milestones. The rookie cards wont be anything special, I'm sure they'll all start with low 70s OVR cards.

Still, 5 elites out of the box isint bad. Also one of the voucher sets will be an notrade/nosell "Elite Offense Pack + Elite Defense Pack".

So that's two more base elites. 7 Elites day one before I open a single pack.

A visual representation: http://www.muthead.com/16/team-builder/654614

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I have a newborn and a PS3 so (at the moment) I'm not upgrading to Madden 17. Once I get Harrison Smith I'll have a pretty solid mostly-Vikings defense. I don't expect Chad Greenway to get an upgrade so Shaq Thompson will have to do and then I'll worry about other pieces later. I wish they'd re-open the Gauntlets.

http://www.muthead.com/16/team-builder/654695

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
If an XBone league starts here I'd be interested (accidentSA gamertag)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Accident Underwater posted:

If an XBone league starts here I'd be interested (accidentSA gamertag)

Be the change you want to see.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Any word if Best Buy will be doing the boosted trade in for Madden16 in the weeks before the Madden 17 release? I've done it the past 2 years or so where you get something like $20 for the game and an extra $10 for Madden 17 plus your GCU bonuses. Just havent seen those deals advertised in a while.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Tank44 posted:

Any word if Best Buy will be doing the boosted trade in for Madden16 in the weeks before the Madden 17 release? I've done it the past 2 years or so where you get something like $20 for the game and an extra $10 for Madden 17 plus your GCU bonuses. Just havent seen those deals advertised in a while.

I haven't seen anything yet. I have an order in already through Amazon but I've been debating cancelling it to do a trade in with Best Buy or Gamestop or whoever.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubs, time for the thread: https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings/?i=1&s=ovr_rating:DESC

dis on the Giants plz.

Gonna run man coverage all day.

lol, 5th fastest HB in the game too. Well tied with 18 other guys.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 2, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why does ea continuously think Woodyard is better than Williamson? It's the strangest thing

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Madden ratings system is once again trash :/. There are some overrated guys on the Cowboys roster JJ Wilcox, Barry Church, Rolando McClain

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

AfterFather posted:

Madden ratings system is once again trash :/. There are some overrated guys on the Cowboys roster JJ Wilcox, Barry Church, Rolando McClain

All Cowboys are over rated!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

davecrazy posted:

All Cowboys are over rated!

Says the Giants fan.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Lol sam koch & tucker aren't 90+. Preorder canceled. Topic locked.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oberst posted:

Lol sam koch & tucker aren't 90+. Preorder canceled. Topic locked.

They brought the special teams guys OVRs way down this year.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm less offended now because I saw their ovrs are still top 3 by position, but all pros who revolutionize their position shouldn't be 84 ovr

Oberst
May 24, 2010

93 ovr Delanie walker :lol:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oberst posted:

93 ovr Delanie walker :lol:

He had 1000 yards receiving last year and is a really good run blocker.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

davecrazy posted:

He had 1000 yards receiving last year and is a really good run blocker.

And he was the clear cut number one option all season

Oberst
May 24, 2010

12th in DVOA only 6 TD, buttttttt

Olsen was 17th in DVOA so LOL who knows

My point stands tho. Madden rankings are silly and based off reputation and feelings. IE Deangelo Hall in every madden ever; or Suggs, played less than 1 game last year, 90 ovr

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

And he was the clear cut number one option all season

RIP kendall wright 2 good 4 this world

Oberst
May 24, 2010

SS is a wasteland lmao

Not that I don't agree with this, but the drop off after chancellor is amazing. Kendrick lewis: league average starter

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 3, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oberst posted:

SS is a wasteland lmao

It was the same way in MUT last game until the juiced post Super Bowl guys came out.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

SS is a wasteland lmao

Not that I don't agree with this, but the drop off after chancellor is amazing. Kendrick lewis: league average starter

:laffo: Barry Church is a top 10 SS. Maybe I"m taking him for granted due to his poor tackling last year.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

davecrazy posted:

It was the same way in MUT last game until the juiced post Super Bowl guys came out.

It owns and is something i agree with. It was the same in SASFL,Tyvon branch ' s corpse got like 50 million/4 in 2018 iirc (yes I know he is/used to be good)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
ps4 main league thread - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785306

Afterfather will be hosting the fantasy draft thread this year

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Controversial opinion: neither the Cowboys or Giants are overrated

Dez is underrated and DRC is probably overrated

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

davecrazy posted:

Be the change you want to see.

I would but I run another league with friends and don't want to be commissioner for two.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

RE: Best Buy trade in deal thing:

quote:

Get $25 toward Madden NFL 17. Get a $10 coupon toward Madden NFL 17 and a $15 Best Buy gift card when you trade in Madden NFL 16 on Xbox One or PS4

Trade-in values valid 8/7/16 through 8/20/16. Coupon valid in stores only though 8/27/16. Trade-in of Madden NFL 16 on Xbox 360 and PS3 are eligible to receive $10 off coupon.

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Is the game going to do some ratings penalty for me putting Jalen Ramsey at SS in base? I can handle it telling me he's a 47 ovr SS but if that makes his AWR go to 20 then gently caress this game

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

It will but you should be usering your safety's anyways.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

The Giants 4th string HB knows the Madden ratings guy and got Eli bumped up from an 81 to an 83.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I too will be power gaming SASFL

Right click save as

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oberst posted:

I too will be power gaming SASFL

Right click save as

Your God drat right.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans are the highest rated afc south team lmao

Oberst
May 24, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Your God drat right.

See u week 6 :kamina:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oberst posted:

See u week 6 :kamina:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaYVo89mmY

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Formation subs confirmed in the day 1 patch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...campaign=buffer

35:00

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

davecrazy posted:

Formation subs confirmed in the day 1 patch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...campaign=buffer

35:00

Cállate y toma mi dinero

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/ultimate-team/news/2016/madden-ultimate-team-17-overview from a couple days ago that I didn't see mentioned yet.

Trading still in, challenges made less annoying (they can end when you achieve whatever the objective is instead of always having to play out the game I guess), chemistry reworked.

e: Huh, the new chemistry system shows exactly which attributes its boosting and by how much, that's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I am posting about madden on the something awful forums

• Locked thread