Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

davecrazy posted:

Formation subs confirmed in the day 1 patch.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...campaign=buffer

35:00

I appreciate scud breaking the NDA for us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Oberst posted:

I appreciate scud breaking the NDA for us
I didn't break any NDA I was under just hinted at things, but yeah that's what I was supposed to do before I put in my notice. It got put together by my buddy and should work great.

Also yeah the xp gains are done instantly in the middle of the game and you can easily tell what was boosted and what they did. It's a neat little thing.

real_scud fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Aug 9, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

real_scud posted:

I didn't break any NDA I was under just hinted at things, but yeah that's what I was supposed to do before I put in my notice. It got put together by my buddy and should work great.

Also yeah the xp gains are done instantly in the middle of the game and you can easily tell what was boosted and what they did. It's a neat little thing.

:twisted::thejoke::twisted:

You were pretty specific imo, which I do truly appreciate

I will now be enforcing your covenant not to compete

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It's going to suck not having an inside man anymore.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.pepsiandtostitos.com/en-us/RedemptionItems?store=xbox

If you're going to sign up anyways get me some extra points!:
code:
https://twitter.com/DavesPS4Stuff/status/763148427953840128
I too love giving giant corporations marketing data so I can get virtual football cards.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 10, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Aw man, I dont eat that junk.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Formation subs write up: http://www.operationsports.com/features/2553/the-return-of-formation-subs-in-madden-nfl-17/

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Make sure your address is up to date if you played a lot of MUT in 16. Our own Dubious got a free copy of Madden 16 a week early from this program last year.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/mut-rewards/status

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Oberst posted:

:twisted::thejoke::twisted:

You were pretty specific imo, which I do truly appreciate

I will now be enforcing your covenant not to compete
Yeah I knew people would be happy about it and do kind of enjoy telling people more specific details on things. Sometimes wish they wouldn't really care and would let us freely talk but employees have been burned before. Thankfully while you all are loving mental with your MUT playing, everyone has been chill over the years.

davecrazy posted:

It's going to suck not having an inside man anymore.
If they would've given me the promotion I deserved then I'd still be there, it was just time to move on since I got this opportunity in England and had to jump on it.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
Lol @ not running two FS instead of FS/SS in madden

put tyrann mathieu at SS or Atwater or literally (any FS that can hit hard as gently caress when you user them)

I end up subbing in a tall cover CB (6'3" Sherm ayyy) at that position 75% of the time anyway

Oberst
May 24, 2010

None of that matters for SASFL, hth

real_scud posted:

If they would've given me the promotion I deserved then I'd still be there, it was just time to move on since I got this opportunity in England and had to jump on it.

I don't blame you. :dice:, but :ea: instead

Oberst fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 10, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Lol @ not running two FS instead of FS/SS in madden

put tyrann mathieu at SS or Atwater or literally (any FS that can hit hard as gently caress when you user them)

I end up subbing in a tall cover CB (6'3" Sherm ayyy) at that position 75% of the time anyway

I hate playing guys OOP, it triggers my OCD. Also I love to min/max styles. The Chemistry system has me loving EXCITED.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/FatKidDeals/status/763563151937986560?s=09

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

davecrazy posted:

I hate playing guys OOP, it triggers my OCD. Also I love to min/max styles. The Chemistry system has me loving EXCITED.

get over it and win more games. if some guy is just trying to 4 verts i can throw sherm in and put him on the TE inside and the let the lb play under for the int. poo poo worked way too much. never underestimate the power of the double man cover w/ the FS/CB shading over to help your CB1 or CB2. Style points aren't gonna make up the difference you get for swapping in the player for the right plays. If you're playing someone smart you can fake them out this way as well. Madden meta game is why I keep buying this loving game. If you guys knew how filthy my i-form plays with a speedback subbed in at fullback, two huge wideouts, and a fast slot receiver subbed in at TE2 you'd play out of position all the time.

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 11, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

get over it and win more games. if some guy is just trying to 4 verts i can throw sherm in and put him on the TE inside and the let the lb play under for the int. poo poo worked way too much. never underestimate the power of the double man cover w/ the FS/CB shading over to help your CB1 or CB2. Style points aren't gonna make up the difference you get for swapping in the player for the right plays. If you're playing someone smart you can fake them out this way as well. Madden meta game is why I keep buying this loving game. If you guys knew how filthy my i-form plays with a speedback subbed in at fullback, two huge wideouts, and a fast slot receiver subbed in at TE2 you'd play out of position all the time.

Boy sure can't wait to play against this guy in the league.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I love playing OOP Poe at FB, especially on passes to the flat. He gets ignored and open, catches the pass and builds up a head of steam before crunching over some poor corner.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

hopterque posted:

Don't worry, like i said before, none of that is relevant to SASFL. If someone is playing a player OOP in an exploitative manner like that every single down, I will write a literal novella. One of the many reasons I don't play pubbies or mut

E: This doesn't mean I have a problem with using trick plays occasionally. IE DT at FB on goalline or whatever, etc

Oberst fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 11, 2016

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!
Like yeah Marquise Goodwin at TE2 is a no go but Danny Woodhead actually lines up at fullback so is that kosher for league play?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
None of that silliness is kosher in league play. We specifically have league games to avoid gimmicky stuff like that, that's what we play MUT for. If we're talking ~league sanctity~ we should keep that to the league thread anyway :v:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Bonham posted:

Like yeah Marquise Goodwin at TE2 is a no go but Danny Woodhead actually lines up at fullback so is that kosher for league play?

Its a case by case thing. Doing something gimmicky for a drive is not the same as doing it every down all game every game. It's a matter of not purposefully exploiting the game engine (too much) imho. If you want me to be more specific I'll post in the league thread , because no one sane wants to see THE LEAGUE IS SACROSANCT essay

HB at FB is probably one of the lowest priority things. Obviously not convertable WR at TE has been an issue

Oberst fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 11, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Mike Wallace at Tight End :colbert: Cordarrelle Patterson at running back Taylor Mays at linebacker :laffo:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Mike Wallace is on my team :twisted:

The other two have been done and were far from game breaking

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Is the roster update out yet?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Embargo breaks at 1pm today. Lot of info going to be dumped about the various modes.

Urlacher and Singletary are new legends in MUT.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
D-Line play is still looking bad.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Links tia

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Oberst posted:

Links tia

https://www.reddit.com/r/MaddenUltimateTeam/comments/4xeik7/madden_17_game_changer_videos_megathread/

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Thanks~

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Those YouTube guys are loving obnoxious.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

hopterque posted:

nothing is sacred in pubbie MUT matches

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
are you guys seriously going to get mad at me if i sub in a cb at ss in league play though?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

are you guys seriously going to get mad at me if i sub in a cb at ss in league play though?

Nobody has a roster deep enough for it to matter. You wanna gently caress your hit power for better zone coverage and make your CB 2 or 3 your CB 4 or 5 thats on you.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

No. It's the WR at TE that is the issue

hth

And doing something once a game isn't the same has having a scheme predicated on gaming the system. Which mut/pubbies is clearly about

nothing is sacred in pubbie MUT matches

League is sacrosanct

Oberst fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Aug 13, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Sorry this was a stupid meta post and not about madden

Oberst fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 13, 2016

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
honestly its the HB @ the FB spot that out runs the MLB if they're in man that's so drat abusable

i used marcell reece though because he's a real boy

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Man coverage?

Joking aside, post in the league thread. You are required to play

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Oberst posted:

Sorry this was a stupid meta post and not about madden